Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vestergaard 08:43 - May 1 with 679 viewsdirk_doone

Is our defence better without him? In the 11 Premier League & FA Cup games he has missed this season, we have kept 6 clean sheets, and last night, we hardly missed him when he went off. Admittedly he missed the Man United debacle.

I think he flatters to deceive. He is good at passing the ball forwards but defensively he is too slow and covers very little ground. If, as is rumoured, we are going to get a big offer from Spurs for him in the summer, I'd take it and use the money to strengthen the squad.

Salisu looks a much better player.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 8:57]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Vestergaard on 09:01 - May 1 with 637 viewsSadoldgit

Last night we defended better because we effectively parked the bus after he was sent off. He has not been the problem in my view. In fact he was a key part of the way we played in the first half of the season. We leak goals because of the way we usually play. We run out of steam because we can’t maintain the high tempo game and because we play high up the pitch we leave the defence exposed when teams break against us. KWP has arguably been player of the season by there is a reason why teams look to break down our right flank and that is because he plays so high and we don’t cover well enough. Bertrand doesn’t and we don’t get exposed down the left so much. Vesty is slow but so is Bednarek and he could do with Salisu beside him to add pace. Every team who play the ball around at the back make mistakes at times so I’ll forgive him his lapse last night. I hope we keep him but I also hope that we change tactics and play deeper next season.
Vestergaard on 09:22 - May 1 with 611 viewsdirk_doone

Looking back, most of our best defensive performances have been when he hasn't played, like the 1-0 wins v Man City and Spurs and the 2-0 win v Chelsea last season and the 1-0 wins v Liverpool and Arsenal this season. The players seem to cover each other better and show more team spirit when he's not there.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 9:23]

Vestergaard on 09:22 - May 1 with 610 viewsMattFinish

I think like Danny Ings he knows he's off in the summer and has lost a bit of enthusiasm.

It must be hard if you're happy at a club, playing well but you know there's no ambition from the owners
Vestergaard on 09:27 - May 1 with 587 viewsRon11

Vestergaard on 09:01 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

Last night we defended better because we effectively parked the bus after he was sent off. He has not been the problem in my view. In fact he was a key part of the way we played in the first half of the season. We leak goals because of the way we usually play. We run out of steam because we can’t maintain the high tempo game and because we play high up the pitch we leave the defence exposed when teams break against us. KWP has arguably been player of the season by there is a reason why teams look to break down our right flank and that is because he plays so high and we don’t cover well enough. Bertrand doesn’t and we don’t get exposed down the left so much. Vesty is slow but so is Bednarek and he could do with Salisu beside him to add pace. Every team who play the ball around at the back make mistakes at times so I’ll forgive him his lapse last night. I hope we keep him but I also hope that we change tactics and play deeper next season.

They looked better last night because Bertrand wasn't playing.
When you have a team mate who is pointedly not interested and shows it on the pitch, it drags some of the others over there to try and cover.
The way Salisu is playing, it'll be him other clubs are after, not Bertrand or Vestergaard.
Vestergaard on 09:29 - May 1 with 583 viewsdirk_doone

Vestergaard on 09:27 - May 1 by Ron11

When you have a team mate who is pointedly not interested and shows it on the pitch, it drags some of the others over there to try and cover.
The way Salisu is playing, it'll be him other clubs are after, not Bertrand or Vestergaard.

Salisu is obviously the one we want to keep.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 9:37]

Vestergaard on 09:37 - May 1 with 568 viewsSadoldgit

Vestergaard on 09:27 - May 1 by Ron11

Bertrand has the look of someone who doesn’t give a stuff, but he has been excellent for us over the years. It’s not his fault that he is getting older and can’t get up and down the flank as he used too. How many goals do we concede down his flank? He doesn’t offer as much going forward as KWP but we look more solid defensively down the left when he plays. Having said that, we need a decent replacement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024