Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some clarification please 12:31 - Aug 14 with 2821 viewsgiro

When AVFTT transferred to it's new home was the closure of the fansonline site actually agreed or just assumed?

It would seem to be the latter, as the amount of traffic on fansoline seems to look like the M25. Whereas on here, it's more like the car park at an Oyston appreciation society meeting!
Some clarification please on 12:57 - Aug 14 with 2783 viewsCurryman

Giro, far too many for an Oyston appreciation society.

The traffic would all be one way, out.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Some clarification please on 13:57 - Aug 14 with 2738 viewsgiro

Some clarification please on 12:57 - Aug 14 by Curryman

Giro, far too many for an Oyston appreciation society.

The traffic would all be one way, out.

How Do, Curryman,
If anyone needed to know just how bad things have got it's when a stalwart, like yourself, comes within an ace of chucking the towel in.
I'll put in word for you a Deepdale, if you want?
Might be a difficult one to swing though. Ex lasher, living in Yorkshire!

I'm eagerly awaiting a reply, from someone "in the know", to my original question,
Some clarification please on 14:11 - Aug 14 with 2727 viewsChuck_Schick

I think the real question is why would the site administrator(s) suddenly up sticks and move to a new forum host when they were clearly making advertising revenue through the old one?

Perhaps FOL aren't being totally honest with us about this whole affair either. The move of unbanning all previous strikes me as odd too, wouldn't you wait for the new moderators to make such a decision?

The next few months should be interesting at any rate, it's certainly given us lots of entertainment already. Whatever the outcome, i'd rather my traffic was going towards a fellow seasider, be it here, BHS or Vitals.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2014 14:17]
Some clarification please on 15:08 - Aug 14 with 2682 viewstangerinedom

Some clarification please on 14:11 - Aug 14 by Chuck_Schick

I think the real question is why would the site administrator(s) suddenly up sticks and move to a new forum host when they were clearly making advertising revenue through the old one?

Perhaps FOL aren't being totally honest with us about this whole affair either. The move of unbanning all previous strikes me as odd too, wouldn't you wait for the new moderators to make such a decision?

The next few months should be interesting at any rate, it's certainly given us lots of entertainment already. Whatever the outcome, i'd rather my traffic was going towards a fellow seasider, be it here, BHS or Vitals.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2014 14:17]

Chuck_Schick - they said that the moderator on the old AVFTT is some techie bloke who doesn't even know who Oyston is! Thus the outbreak of World War III!
Some clarification please on 15:51 - Aug 14 with 2642 viewsChuck_Schick

Some clarification please on 15:08 - Aug 14 by tangerinedom

Chuck_Schick - they said that the moderator on the old AVFTT is some techie bloke who doesn't even know who Oyston is! Thus the outbreak of World War III!

That simply isn't true.
Some clarification please on 17:37 - Aug 14 with 2586 viewsWizaard

The owners felt that this site gave us what we'd been asking for years in terms of upgraded options that FOL just didn't deliver on. That's what I understand anyway.

It was a bit disingenuous to say that AVFTT was closing over there, although technically the domain name was moving and therefore it's not Avftt over there.
Some clarification please on 17:55 - Aug 14 with 2574 viewstde74

Who lied to who though Wiz? Do you think Robbie and the site owner would deceive and therefore alienate the users, or do you think that maybe they were done up like the proverbial kipper?

An anonymous voice claiming that keeping the other place open was the plan all along is suddenly more credible than people who have been involved in running AVFTT for a number of years? It's amazing how people choose to believe one over the other.

Cui bono?

Anyway, that's quite enough wild speculation from me, I don't know the full story.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Some clarification please on 18:11 - Aug 14 with 2560 viewsThe_Ghost

Post edited by administrator?

tde, did you have to moderate thyself?
Login to get fewer ads

Some clarification please on 18:19 - Aug 14 with 2548 viewstde74

Some clarification please on 18:11 - Aug 14 by The_Ghost

Post edited by administrator?

tde, did you have to moderate thyself?

That's what happens when I edit my own posts I'm afraid. No conspiracy.
Some clarification please on 19:02 - Aug 14 with 2520 viewsrealistic

Some clarification please on 17:55 - Aug 14 by tde74

Who lied to who though Wiz? Do you think Robbie and the site owner would deceive and therefore alienate the users, or do you think that maybe they were done up like the proverbial kipper?

An anonymous voice claiming that keeping the other place open was the plan all along is suddenly more credible than people who have been involved in running AVFTT for a number of years? It's amazing how people choose to believe one over the other.

Cui bono?

Anyway, that's quite enough wild speculation from me, I don't know the full story.

This post has been edited by an administrator

People were mislead, it's as simple as that.

''quod saveris metes''

Some clarification please on 19:38 - Aug 14 with 2490 viewsWizaard

Not sure it's lying, hence my use of disingenuous. More of a case of not telling the full story.

It's done, so let's move on. Seems to me, that this Board is settling into a pattern of people posting when they've something considerative to say, while the other remains the place for instant, one line reaction.
Some clarification please on 19:39 - Aug 14 with 2489 viewsribble

Some clarification please on 19:02 - Aug 14 by realistic

People were mislead, it's as simple as that.

Have they not banned you yet, realistic?

Must be losing your touch.
Some clarification please on 20:55 - Aug 14 with 2453 viewsrealistic

Some clarification please on 19:39 - Aug 14 by ribble

Have they not banned you yet, realistic?

Must be losing your touch.

Your mate basil isn't a moderator anymore, so he can't abuse his powers on the original AVFTT, much to you and your cliques displeasure

I'm sure myself and others would appreciate if you took your hate filled bullying elsewhere, have a nice day.

''quod saveris metes''

Some clarification please on 21:30 - Aug 14 with 2428 viewsribble

Some clarification please on 20:55 - Aug 14 by realistic

Your mate basil isn't a moderator anymore, so he can't abuse his powers on the original AVFTT, much to you and your cliques displeasure

I'm sure myself and others would appreciate if you took your hate filled bullying elsewhere, have a nice day.

If my very mild reference to your not getting yourself banned (and let's be honest here, you do have something of an admirable track record in that department) really equates to 'bullying' then someone has clearly wholly redefined the meaning of the word when I wasn't looking.

In any event, i was referring to this board where I believe BRR is a moderator so.....oh, never mind.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2014 21:30]
Some clarification please on 21:37 - Aug 14 with 2416 viewsrealistic

Some clarification please on 21:30 - Aug 14 by ribble

If my very mild reference to your not getting yourself banned (and let's be honest here, you do have something of an admirable track record in that department) really equates to 'bullying' then someone has clearly wholly redefined the meaning of the word when I wasn't looking.

In any event, i was referring to this board where I believe BRR is a moderator so.....oh, never mind.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2014 21:30]

Ah, so it was just your usual and predictable attack and attempt to bully another poster who you and your mates don't like?

To think you cry wolf as you do, you chose to attack me first, and that speaks volumes for you, don't allow people with a contrary view make you so bitter.

Life is too short.

''quod saveris metes''

Some clarification please on 21:44 - Aug 14 with 2409 viewsribble

Some clarification please on 21:37 - Aug 14 by realistic

Ah, so it was just your usual and predictable attack and attempt to bully another poster who you and your mates don't like?

To think you cry wolf as you do, you chose to attack me first, and that speaks volumes for you, don't allow people with a contrary view make you so bitter.

Life is too short.

Realistic.

Where have I 'attacked' you? Where have I 'cried wolf'? Where is the evidence that I'm bitter about anything at all? And, while we're at it, where's the Ormerod money?
Some clarification please on 22:19 - Aug 14 with 2386 viewsrealistic

Some clarification please on 21:44 - Aug 14 by ribble

Realistic.

Where have I 'attacked' you? Where have I 'cried wolf'? Where is the evidence that I'm bitter about anything at all? And, while we're at it, where's the Ormerod money?

You may hate me, but let it go ribble, don't be so bitter.

You're icon will still love you, no matter what.

Now lets see some BFC related posts from you, it would make a refreshing change.

''quod saveris metes''

Some clarification please on 22:20 - Aug 14 with 2382 viewsstu

Christ just seen this. What's up with you realistic.

Tangerine is the new black

Some clarification please on 22:25 - Aug 14 with 2369 viewsrealistic

Some clarification please on 22:20 - Aug 14 by stu

Christ just seen this. What's up with you realistic.

Don't appreciate minding my own business and being attacked by ribble (see other thread)

Apart from that, I am fine thanks mate, happy to contribute to this forum as you can see from all my other BFC and also gold related posts.

UTP

''quod saveris metes''

Some clarification please on 22:29 - Aug 14 with 2366 viewsstu

It was a joke nothing more nothing less, stop being so precious. Need someone on here who enjoys his golf

Tangerine is the new black

Some clarification please on 22:31 - Aug 14 with 2362 viewsrealistic

Some clarification please on 22:29 - Aug 14 by stu

It was a joke nothing more nothing less, stop being so precious. Need someone on here who enjoys his golf

stu

''quod saveris metes''

Some clarification please on 22:50 - Aug 14 with 2333 viewshertfordseasider

Some clarification please on 19:38 - Aug 14 by Wizaard

Not sure it's lying, hence my use of disingenuous. More of a case of not telling the full story.

It's done, so let's move on. Seems to me, that this Board is settling into a pattern of people posting when they've something considerative to say, while the other remains the place for instant, one line reaction.

If you want a site that just posts when they have something considerate to say then Vitals is the one.

This is dying on its feet and is getting less busy with each passing day, a few keeping it going. It was a mistake to do what you did and it is biting you on the behind. This site is dying and it is a shame because with some consultation and things done properly AVFTT could easily have moved on happily.

There is only one AVFTT and this will never be it.
Some clarification please on 23:04 - Aug 14 with 2312 viewsribble

Some clarification please on 22:50 - Aug 14 by hertfordseasider

If you want a site that just posts when they have something considerate to say then Vitals is the one.

This is dying on its feet and is getting less busy with each passing day, a few keeping it going. It was a mistake to do what you did and it is biting you on the behind. This site is dying and it is a shame because with some consultation and things done properly AVFTT could easily have moved on happily.

There is only one AVFTT and this will never be it.

To be fair, Herts, it's been relatively busy tonight.
Some clarification please on 23:11 - Aug 14 with 2300 viewshertfordseasider

Some clarification please on 23:04 - Aug 14 by ribble

To be fair, Herts, it's been relatively busy tonight.

With AVFTT'rs saying how it is!!

Don't get me wrong, it would have been great if it had moved on as one, but that just hasn't happened, it was divisive and it is like this was done for a select few, which is what you have got!
Some clarification please on 23:21 - Aug 14 with 2291 viewsTrashcan_Man

A decent spat like on this thread will bring people over for a look. Although I'm not sure you can have a spat when only one side is spatting.

The site is also missing a good old 'Muslims - coming over here with their sharia law banning Christmas' thread - always brings the crowds in - and I've not yet seen a single post on fish recipes!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024