Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't Pay, Won't Play 12:05 - Feb 25 with 8753 viewsTearsOfaClown

"Fifa says it will not pay compensation to clubs and leagues unhappy about plans to play the 2022 Qatar World Cup in November and December.

It also said no apology was necessary for the scheduling of the tournament, which will disrupt a number of leagues."

It's just like a Dario Fo play - total farce.

It would be nice if they event is boycotted and FIFA disbanded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31620713

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 10:57 - Feb 26 with 1513 viewsheadhoops

there will never be a non corrupted World Cup bidding system all the time the game is run by a Blatter led FIFA. Not only have the next two tournaments been carved up already.
The 2026 World Cup will not be in a new territory or an emerging football nation. Fox TV have been given the rights for 2026 without a tender process being run. Place your money on America hosting the event.
The whole thing stinks and nobody has the nuts to stand up to FIFA.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 11:32 - Feb 26 with 1496 viewsCiderwithRsie

I've said this pretty much on another thread, but I don't think any threat to FIFA would come from national FAs, it would come from clubs or national leagues.

As Brian says, the national FAs are largely in hock. Anyway, judging by ours, they are staffed by nonentities in blazers who couldn't organise a boycott in the Test Match Special commentary box.

But the Premier League and Champions League clubs are massive financial concerns who are totally self-serving and ruthless. They also are the legal employers of almost every player who would feature in the WC after the group stages. And FIFA has not only messed them about but has just publicly spat in their faces afterwards

If they really decide that the WC in mid-winter is a serious threat to them then I can see them pulling the plug. But I think they'll also consider whether it really is financially damaging - if they can accommodate the WC without too much cost then I expect they'll put up with this, rather than the hassle of a fight and having to create their own governing body.

But whatever they do won't be for the good of the game or to clean up FIFA, it will be because it makes more money for the likes of ManUre, Barcelona and the South London Nazis
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024