Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn 19:22 - May 21 with 3246 viewsAVFTT

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/blackpool/news/38704/democracy-at-the-seas
Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn on 20:04 - May 21 with 3218 viewsWizaard

Nice considered piece.

As I said on the TAM thread, this opportunity needs to be taken so that constructive criticism can be made and a case made on why it might be better for them to sell up, for their own and the club's sake.

I've no doubt that they think they can ride out this storm, but they need telling just how deep seated the divide is and that it's all gone too far to pull it back.
Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn on 20:20 - May 21 with 3202 viewsBenJen

Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn on 20:04 - May 21 by Wizaard

Nice considered piece.

As I said on the TAM thread, this opportunity needs to be taken so that constructive criticism can be made and a case made on why it might be better for them to sell up, for their own and the club's sake.

I've no doubt that they think they can ride out this storm, but they need telling just how deep seated the divide is and that it's all gone too far to pull it back.

Good to see that the asylum hasn't quite been taken over and I say that with no disrespect or distain for anyone who has their rightful means to protest. However, as the Twitter reaction thread on here suggests there are many now who have written off the Oystons and with it the club and they are deluding themselves if they think they are just going to walk away. Flogging a few shirts won't result in fans being able to buy the club. We have to, as fans, make the most of our the dire position we're in and grasp opportunities like this and show the O's we are not just a commodity, we are the club. Agree that groups should be represented as ST holders should be. There'll never be a clean slate but disrupting a Neil Diamond concert will not lead to us having a say in what happens at our club - this might!

Poll: Will PNE win on Sunday - a Head not Heart Poll!

Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn on 20:25 - May 21 with 3198 viewsPlumbs

Nice considered piece.

Wizz:
I think they know and they obviously read message boards frequently

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn on 20:36 - May 21 with 3189 viewsribble

Nice considered piece.

It would be interesting to see how many more Parliaments would sit should the first one pass a motion of no confidence in the owners.
Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn on 21:23 - May 21 with 3175 viewsHarryHorse

Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn on 20:25 - May 21 by Plumbs

Wizz:
I think they know and they obviously read message boards frequently

I can't help but remember the enormous thread on the other site where a lot of people took the time and effort to make constructive suggestions about the club at Karl's request .Not much notice seemed to be taken and again , barring a dramatic sea change from the owners I see no reason to think the end result of this will be any different . But happy to be proved wrong as I said on another thread
Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn on 21:44 - May 21 with 3168 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

BRR

Really good article.

I agree with the "devil in the detail" and have expressed some of my concerns on a previous thread. (time scale being one). For this to even have a chance to work, the selection process has to be seen as fair and open. That needs trust between owners and fans, problem is there is none.
Maybe an independent Scrutineer to oversee selection? Just to see if it's possible to try and build some trust.

Dangerous word Democracy, hasn't KO been likened to Kim Jong-un? Sure he's the leader of The Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
[Post edited 21 May 2015 21:46]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn on 22:04 - May 21 with 3150 viewsCSSeasider

I used to work with a woman who was regularly beaten up by her husband. He was always full of remorse after each "episode" and always promised he would change. She always believed him and gave him another chance. No matter how often we, her friends, advised her to leave, she WANTED to believe him. Did he ever deliver on his promises? Occasionally, just enough to convince her to stay a bit longer. Did he ever change? Absolutely not. Three years and one miscarriage later, the penny dropped and she went to the police. She has never looked back since. She admits that deep down she knew it was hopeless but couldn't bring herself to face the truth. She could have saved herself a lot of heartache and suffering by doing what she eventually did much, much sooner.
Leopards. Spots. Wake up people.
Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn on 22:35 - May 21 with 3132 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn on 22:04 - May 21 by CSSeasider

I used to work with a woman who was regularly beaten up by her husband. He was always full of remorse after each "episode" and always promised he would change. She always believed him and gave him another chance. No matter how often we, her friends, advised her to leave, she WANTED to believe him. Did he ever deliver on his promises? Occasionally, just enough to convince her to stay a bit longer. Did he ever change? Absolutely not. Three years and one miscarriage later, the penny dropped and she went to the police. She has never looked back since. She admits that deep down she knew it was hopeless but couldn't bring herself to face the truth. She could have saved herself a lot of heartache and suffering by doing what she eventually did much, much sooner.
Leopards. Spots. Wake up people.

As I said on the thread I started

My issue at the moment having chewed the cud is BSA have played this game and elected to walk away from it in light of textgate etc
Dialogue with BST on any issue is repeatedly declined
What evidence is there that this forum would produce meaningful dialogue ?
What mandate would the representatives who put themselves forward have ?
I'm a huge advocate of fan representation in the boardroom but this isn't the way
The representatives must truly be the fans choices and for that they have to be elected by the fans not chosen by the owners
Personally I'd not feel eligible to represent fans unless I had that mandate
This won't work unless the those who stand are true representatives
Hold open elections to determine who decide who goes forward as the representatives and we will then see how democratic this Fans Parliament is
[Post edited 22 May 2015 8:29]

#footballfirst

Login to get fewer ads

Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn on 01:25 - May 22 with 3083 viewsOverWired

Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn on 20:20 - May 21 by BenJen

Good to see that the asylum hasn't quite been taken over and I say that with no disrespect or distain for anyone who has their rightful means to protest. However, as the Twitter reaction thread on here suggests there are many now who have written off the Oystons and with it the club and they are deluding themselves if they think they are just going to walk away. Flogging a few shirts won't result in fans being able to buy the club. We have to, as fans, make the most of our the dire position we're in and grasp opportunities like this and show the O's we are not just a commodity, we are the club. Agree that groups should be represented as ST holders should be. There'll never be a clean slate but disrupting a Neil Diamond concert will not lead to us having a say in what happens at our club - this might!

BenJen
Without doubt, the asylum has definitely been run by the staff for many years now.
I think you should read Twitter, beyond the reaction on here, to actually find out how far and widespread it has become, not only between our fans, but fans of other clubs in our predicament, some less and some worse.
As to the 'flogging' of a few shirts; it's obviously not there to finance the purchase of the club (but even you can understand that, surely?), it's a stance made by fans that do not want to be seen to giving money to a family that is not wanted anymore. However, I'm pleased that you're now in a position to grasp these opportunities and show the O's that you're not just a commodity. Please feel free to keep me up to date on how it's proceeding during the season.
A final point. What is this disruption thing regarding the Neil Diamond concert? I read everything BST and BSA and cannot find any mention of it You're not one of those agitators are you?
Democracy at the seaside? by Basilrobbiereborn on 07:41 - May 22 with 3059 viewsAVFTT

Some comments from our Facebook page ... facebook.com/avftt

Paul: Yawn oyston out. He should be made to do community service, 100 hours unpaid , working under a dude that runs a pub team, collecting subs, putting up nets, etch etc etc

Johnny: Utter tosh. No doubt it will help sell a few more season tickets.

John: Just check out the comments on the clubs Facebook site I see its gone down really well PMSL

Steve: How can we trust anything that comes out of Bloomfield Rd while the Oystscum are at the helm? No Retreat, No Surrender! UTMP

Andy: Too little too late. OYSTON OUT

Andy: A half assed attempt to maintain the status quo and flog season tickets. Only even more bitterness awaits those that think this is anything but a cynical manouvre by the club. However go ahead if you must and put people forward ; but until BFC have a good pitch, a competitive squad and suitable training facilities.......stay NAPM.

William: Who elects the members of this "Parliament". It seem fans apply and the O's appoint. Not democratic in my opinion. The fans have spokes persons in the form of the BST committee, the Tangerine Knights and to a lesser extent BSA that is where the Parliament should be recruited from. If not then it is a puppet forum and has no credibility in my opinion.

Phil: The 'company' used to invite 12 wise men from BSA to be honoured by the chairman. Now they've broken ranks this is the same old bollocks dressed up as democracy. Utter Shite!l
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024