Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next firebreak 22:16 - Nov 16 with 16029 viewscontroversial_jack

From a source at the Welsh assembly, 21st December.
Next firebreak on 22:23 - Nov 16 with 3818 viewsbuilthjack

11TH January

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Next firebreak on 22:33 - Nov 16 with 3807 viewsJack123

Surely a fire break should be based on infection rates rising?

Seem's wrong to pick a date in the future.

libera nos a malo

Next firebreak on 05:20 - Nov 17 with 3725 viewsWhiterockin

Next firebreak on 22:23 - Nov 16 by builthjack

11TH January

Not a chance of them allowing or taking the chance on NYE parties. Nailed on December 27th or 28th.
Next firebreak on 05:37 - Nov 17 with 3697 viewsDr_Winston

Cwmtawe kids have been told to expect to go back late after the Christmas break, which makes more sense.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Next firebreak on 06:16 - Nov 17 with 3710 viewsKilkennyjack

Next firebreak on 05:37 - Nov 17 by Dr_Winston

Cwmtawe kids have been told to expect to go back late after the Christmas break, which makes more sense.

It will be based on the science in Wales.

If we need another break then i guess they will use the school holidays again.
Can they find dates to allow people to enjoy Christmas with close family and friends ?

NYE might have to go, although pubs will lobby against.

No firm dates will be agreed yet.
People are just thinking through the options and they are right to do it.

Beware of the Risen People

Next firebreak on 07:03 - Nov 17 with 3697 viewsScotia

December the 21st would be a social and economic disaster. Surely Drakeford wouldn't be that stupid in an election year?

It is clear that this one hasn't worked to reduce infection levels greatly, shallower and longer as per northern Ireland would have been better. Try that for all of January.
Next firebreak on 07:27 - Nov 17 with 3678 viewspencoedjack

Next firebreak on 07:03 - Nov 17 by Scotia

December the 21st would be a social and economic disaster. Surely Drakeford wouldn't be that stupid in an election year?

It is clear that this one hasn't worked to reduce infection levels greatly, shallower and longer as per northern Ireland would have been better. Try that for all of January.

People can’t behave it’s plain to see, pubs were rammed on the weekend.

If landlords & punters can’t be arsed to behave then it’s there own fault.

These people are so thick they don’t realise if they go out Christmas Eve & then sit down with elderly relatives Christmas Day they up the risk of killing them.

Shut all pubs not serving food all over Xmas those serving food 1 issue & they are shut.
Next firebreak on 07:48 - Nov 17 with 3671 viewsScotia

Next firebreak on 07:27 - Nov 17 by pencoedjack

These people are so thick they don’t realise if they go out Christmas Eve & then sit down with elderly relatives Christmas Day they up the risk of killing them.

Shut all pubs not serving food all over Xmas those serving food 1 issue & they are shut.

It's not just pubs - shops were chaos on the weekend too.

The queue to get on to the Enterprise Zone on Monday 9th stretched from the Asda roundabout to the Castle Bingo roundabout, because shops had been shut for a fortnight! Just imagine the carnage the weekend before the 21st!

We've got beaujolais day to get through first on Thursday of this week - that's likely to see a pretty big spike in cases in a couple of weeks. Never mind at least Trundle and his mates will enjoy it, just keep an eye social media for his posts.
Login to get fewer ads

Next firebreak on 08:31 - Nov 17 with 3645 viewsMrSwerve

There’s not a chance in hell that there will be any kind of lockdown over Christmas Day. There would be huge mass unrest and millions would disobey the rules. Good luck policing it.

The only way that would be remotely considered is if the UK is hitting 80,90,100k+ cases a day...and even then, it may not affect Wales.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Next firebreak on 10:19 - Nov 17 with 3590 viewsonehunglow

Next firebreak on 07:27 - Nov 17 by pencoedjack

Bang on.

Every lockdown as seen a mass exodus into town and cities to get ratarsed and crawl all over each other before ,of course,either scrapping with each other then turning on Police who have the affrontary to stop them-or try to.

This is our country. We see pubs as important.They are not. Few countries in Europe see them as "important ". We have far far too many and we know it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Next firebreak on 10:37 - Nov 17 with 3575 viewscontroversial_jack

What the dull REMOVED don't get , is the more they rebel against the rules the more lockdowns we get.The NHS has to be protected at all costs

This post has been edited by an administrator
Next firebreak on 10:42 - Nov 17 with 3571 viewsonehunglow

Next firebreak on 10:37 - Nov 17 by controversial_jack

What the dull REMOVED don't get , is the more they rebel against the rules the more lockdowns we get.The NHS has to be protected at all costs

On that we agree.

It hasnt dawned on this country yet that allowing us free reign -removing retrictions WILL result in more hospital admission and thus the other serious illnesses that affect people will kill them as a result because the NH is busting.

I always knew we were dumb but not this much.

Christmas ? So what?

New Year? Who gives a toss?

I d rather scrap them both and see people survive this curse which isnt going away. It really is not. Ignoring it won't work. Sure jobs are going and Businesses slaughtered but this is the reality of our collective stupidity. It is our fault.ALL of it.

Next firebreak on 11:04 - Nov 17 with 3552 viewsScotia

Next firebreak on 10:37 - Nov 17 by controversial_jack

There was a woman in the queue of the pound shop in Morfa on Saturday bumping in to me with the feet plate of her wheel chair. she was livid when I asked her to stay behind the 2m distance marker.

She was wearing an oxygen tube to her nose attached to a tank on the back of her chair. I'd guess she would be at pretty high risk if I'd given her Covid.

We can do anything safely, unfortunately people are morons. As I said earlier it's beaujolais day on Thursday, we'll see a spike after that.
Next firebreak on 11:08 - Nov 17 with 3548 viewsonehunglow

Next firebreak on 11:04 - Nov 17 by Scotia

There was a woman in the queue of the pound shop in Morfa on Saturday bumping in to me with the feet plate of her wheel chair. she was livid when I asked her to stay behind the 2m distance marker.

She was wearing an oxygen tube to her nose attached to a tank on the back of her chair. I'd guess she would be at pretty high risk if I'd given her Covid.

We can do anything safely, unfortunately people are morons. As I said earlier it's beaujolais day on Thursday, we'll see a spike after that.

Well said Scot.

Ive ripped into a Lidl manager over him happily chatting to a customer who was not wearing a mask.

Next firebreak on 11:19 - Nov 17 with 3545 viewsCatullus

Next firebreak on 07:48 - Nov 17 by Scotia

It's not just pubs - shops were chaos on the weekend too.

The queue to get on to the Enterprise Zone on Monday 9th stretched from the Asda roundabout to the Castle Bingo roundabout, because shops had been shut for a fortnight! Just imagine the carnage the weekend before the 21st!

We've got beaujolais day to get through first on Thursday of this week - that's likely to see a pretty big spike in cases in a couple of weeks. Never mind at least Trundle and his mates will enjoy it, just keep an eye social media for his posts.

It was predicted. Several people said it wouldn't work because,

1, it was too short
2, the last days before the lockdown people would cram into pubs/bars etc
3, on opening up people would cram into shops with 2 and 3 causing even more infections.

If we have another 2 week lockdown it'll be the same all over again.

The problem with saying the Senedd is going with the science is the science hasn't caught up with the virus yet. We are still learning. They thought kids weren't a great cause of transmission yet now they are. Every day another text comes telling me another kid in my sons school is isolating or has had a positive test, it's just a matter of time. Yesterday I got an email telling me a kid in one of my sons class had tested positive, he wasn't considered a close contact so could carry on going to school. Turned out they had missed the last
lesson they had together because the kid had been ill, vomitting apparently. The kid was tested on the weekend with the positive result coming yesterday.

So again we keep things open where the virus is spreading but close things where they say Transmission isn't a big problem. Maybe shops can stay open, schools can do more online and because shops are open pubs/bars/restaurants can get more financial help, or so it seems to me.

If the Senedd were really following the science, secondary schools would be doing more online, having kids in school less. I say less because they still need to be in school 2/3 days per week because it's better for their mental health.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Next firebreak on 12:02 - Nov 17 with 3522 viewsHighjack

Next firebreak on 11:08 - Nov 17 by onehunglow

Well said Scot.

Ive ripped into a Lidl manager over him happily chatting to a customer who was not wearing a mask.

You ripped into a Lidl manager for chatting to somebody who may have had a hidden disability? He should have banned you Karen.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Next firebreak on 12:11 - Nov 17 with 3513 viewsCatullus

Well said Scot.

Was the manager wearing a mask? Was he 2 metres away?

If these things cannot be policed then what is the point because yes, people are stupid.

I had to front up to a man and his daughter in a shop queue who were right up close to me, it was before masks were required. They were laughing and joking, he bumped into me a couple of times. Eventually I just faced him and said in a stern voice, we are supposed to stay further apart. It worked though to be honest I half expected him to give me verbals or to get pushy.
These days I go into a shop as infrequently as possible but very few people try to keep distance.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Next firebreak on 12:12 - Nov 17 with 3511 viewscontroversial_jack

Well said Scot.

I reported B &M stores to the council last week. He said managers attitude was terrible and that they had been told by head office not to challenge non mask wearers.

Council said, companies have duty of care to keep customers safe, but basically there's nothing they can do to enforce it except visit again
Next firebreak on 12:38 - Nov 17 with 3488 viewsFieryJack

Next firebreak on 11:04 - Nov 17 by Scotia

What on earth were you doing in a pound shop? 😂
Next firebreak on 12:47 - Nov 17 with 3482 viewsexhmrc1

Next firebreak on 11:19 - Nov 17 by Catullus

It was predicted. Several people said it wouldn't work because,

1, it was too short
2, the last days before the lockdown people would cram into pubs/bars etc
3, on opening up people would cram into shops with 2 and 3 causing even more infections.

If we have another 2 week lockdown it'll be the same all over again.

The problem with saying the Senedd is going with the science is the science hasn't caught up with the virus yet. We are still learning. They thought kids weren't a great cause of transmission yet now they are. Every day another text comes telling me another kid in my sons school is isolating or has had a positive test, it's just a matter of time. Yesterday I got an email telling me a kid in one of my sons class had tested positive, he wasn't considered a close contact so could carry on going to school. Turned out they had missed the last
lesson they had together because the kid had been ill, vomitting apparently. The kid was tested on the weekend with the positive result coming yesterday.

So again we keep things open where the virus is spreading but close things where they say Transmission isn't a big problem. Maybe shops can stay open, schools can do more online and because shops are open pubs/bars/restaurants can get more financial help, or so it seems to me.

If the Senedd were really following the science, secondary schools would be doing more online, having kids in school less. I say less because they still need to be in school 2/3 days per week because it's better for their mental health.

The reality is the firebreak is working. At its height in the last week of October there was 9296 cases at an average of 1328 per day. The last 7 days there has been 6194 cases at an average of 885 per day and the lockdown wont have fully worked yet. It has created a change in direction which was what it was meant to do.

Whether it goes back up due to people's stupidity is yet to be seen. Could it have been longer probably but then the likes of you and Scotia have been criticising Drakeford and Co for the effect it is having on business.

The problem is that Neath Port Talbot is having cases rise whilst elsewhere the numbers are falling. Pontardawe is currently the highpoint in Wales with 100 new cases in the last 7 days. Figures in Swansea have been dropping and in Swansea West they are now quite low. Brynmill, Sketty, St Thomas and Skewen and Jersey Marine are now far less than they were whilst Pontardawe and Aberafan have high cases.

https://southwalesmedia.com/pontardawe-highest-covid-rate-in-wales
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 12:48]
Next firebreak on 13:09 - Nov 17 with 3465 viewscontroversial_jack

Kids are super spreaders, why it was thought that kids couldn't spread it is beyond belief.

Kids, are humans - well most are, they can spread it just the same as adults
Next firebreak on 13:31 - Nov 17 with 3443 viewspencoedjack

Next firebreak on 12:47 - Nov 17 by exhmrc1

The reality is the firebreak is working. At its height in the last week of October there was 9296 cases at an average of 1328 per day. The last 7 days there has been 6194 cases at an average of 885 per day and the lockdown wont have fully worked yet. It has created a change in direction which was what it was meant to do.

Whether it goes back up due to people's stupidity is yet to be seen. Could it have been longer probably but then the likes of you and Scotia have been criticising Drakeford and Co for the effect it is having on business.

The problem is that Neath Port Talbot is having cases rise whilst elsewhere the numbers are falling. Pontardawe is currently the highpoint in Wales with 100 new cases in the last 7 days. Figures in Swansea have been dropping and in Swansea West they are now quite low. Brynmill, Sketty, St Thomas and Skewen and Jersey Marine are now far less than they were whilst Pontardawe and Aberafan have high cases.

‘Whether it goes back up or not is yet to be seen’

Do you really believe in a couple of weeks we won’t be back to the levels before the firebreak?
Next firebreak on 13:36 - Nov 17 with 3443 viewsScotia

Next firebreak on 13:09 - Nov 17 by controversial_jack

Kids are super spreaders, why it was thought that kids couldn't spread it is beyond belief.

Kids, are humans - well most are, they can spread it just the same as adults

The science would say otherwise.
Next firebreak on 13:42 - Nov 17 with 3436 viewscontroversial_jack

Next firebreak on 13:36 - Nov 17 by Scotia

The science would say otherwise.

It doesn't , and if it did, it's been proven incorrect
Next firebreak on 13:53 - Nov 17 with 3429 viewsScotia

Next firebreak on 12:47 - Nov 17 by exhmrc1

So the reality is the firebreak may have worked in some places but any reduction will be very temporary unfortunately.

Lets get this notion that the firebreak is anything to do with Drakeford put to bed. It isn't. The National Labour leader called for a UK firebreak which at the time Johnson didn't go for. Wales is the only Labour led administration in the UK. It was political decision made by Starmer and nothing more.

It should have been longer and shallower, we should have followed the example set in Northern Ireland where more businesses stayed open under tighter controls and cases have dropped by about 50%.

We ended up with the ludicrous situations like libraries in areas of Wales with hardly any infections being closed but the highest areas of infection allowing libraries to open e.g. Universities.

Neath - Port Talbot now has considerably less restrictions than when it was placed in local lockdown despite having far more (and rising) case numbers.

I can see us needing to be back in lockdown before Christmas but it being delayed until early January.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024