Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? 07:43 - May 25 with 3708 viewsChief

Travel in and out of Hounslow advised against by the UK government:

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 07:53 - May 25 with 2800 viewsGixerJack

I reckon we should have all the tickets... obviously not coz I’m greedy but because I care for their well-being
Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 09:49 - May 25 with 2681 viewsjeza739

I saw this yesterday and in the hope of getting a ticket (however remote that possibility is) I was looking at alternatives.
Previously whenever I've gone to London for whatever reason I've always driven to Hounslow, leave car at Hounslow west car park and jump on the tube.
Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 09:56 - May 25 with 2671 viewsChief

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 09:49 - May 25 by jeza739

I saw this yesterday and in the hope of getting a ticket (however remote that possibility is) I was looking at alternatives.
Previously whenever I've gone to London for whatever reason I've always driven to Hounslow, leave car at Hounslow west car park and jump on the tube.

Yea, more the PR of selling tickets to fans of a club located in a borough that the government has advised to essentially lock down I was thinking. Not a great look and if it's the case that they announce Brentford won't be allowed to have fans there,we won't be having any there either.....

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 10:05 - May 25 with 2657 viewsjeza739

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 09:56 - May 25 by Chief

Yea, more the PR of selling tickets to fans of a club located in a borough that the government has advised to essentially lock down I was thinking. Not a great look and if it's the case that they announce Brentford won't be allowed to have fans there,we won't be having any there either.....

Very good point!
Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 10:12 - May 25 with 2633 viewsChief

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 10:05 - May 25 by jeza739

Very good point!

Probably just me, but the club seems more coy on this ballot. Lot fewer updates.....

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 10:33 - May 25 with 2606 viewsmajorraglan

To be honest, if the guidance in place is no traveling out of the borough it would be irresponsible for Brentford to sell tickets, goes completely against what the government are trying to do. I can see this going the way of a no ticket match.

Edit, it would also be irresponsible of Wembley to let them in.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 10:38]
Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 10:38 - May 25 with 2589 viewsChief

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 10:33 - May 25 by majorraglan

To be honest, if the guidance in place is no traveling out of the borough it would be irresponsible for Brentford to sell tickets, goes completely against what the government are trying to do. I can see this going the way of a no ticket match.

Edit, it would also be irresponsible of Wembley to let them in.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 10:38]

Yea I wouldn't rule it out. Especially if the situation worsens later in the week.

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 10:39 - May 25 with 2583 viewsBadlands

What!!!!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 10:49 - May 25 with 2577 viewsOptimisticJack

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 10:39 - May 25 by Badlands

What!!!!

Crazy irresponsible comment.

Optimisticjack

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 10:51 - May 25 with 2570 viewsChief

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 10:49 - May 25 by OptimisticJack

Crazy irresponsible comment.

What's he said now?

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 10:54 - May 25 with 2558 viewsmajorraglan

Or Brentford just refuse to sell tickets to those fans living in Hounslow.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/brentford-fc-playoff-final-wembley-tra
Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 11:07 - May 25 with 2540 viewsjackrabbit

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 09:49 - May 25 by jeza739

No need to anywhere near Hounslow or Brentford. Go to Uxbridge/Hillingdon/Ickenham and get on the Metropolitan Line to Wembley Park.
Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 11:33 - May 25 with 2511 viewsandrew

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 10:54 - May 25 by majorraglan

Or Brentford just refuse to sell tickets to those fans living in Hounslow.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/brentford-fc-playoff-final-wembley-tra

Does it matter? The Indian variant is widespread, it will dominate, we cannot stop it. Way too much scaremongering going on with this variant, totally unnecessary.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 11:36 - May 25 with 2501 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Clearly no one from the Brentford area should travel to Wembley this weekend including the team.

Quite happy to sing “One team in Wembley” for 90 minutes as we are awarded the game by default.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 11:39 - May 25 with 2491 viewsjeza739

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 11:07 - May 25 by jackrabbit

No need to anywhere near Hounslow or Brentford. Go to Uxbridge/Hillingdon/Ickenham and get on the Metropolitan Line to Wembley Park.

That was the plan... Ticket etc allowing. However I think I'd rather not get a ticket only to be successful in the ballot and get email on Thur or Fri saying that you cannot go coz no Brentford fans allowed
Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 11:49 - May 25 with 2468 viewstrampie

Yes unfortunately i would say it is a concern.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 12:21 - May 25 with 2397 viewsonehunglow

Just a shame all our headline fixtures are held in this craphouse city.

Plenty of other fine venues and ones where Swans fans do not have to travel 4 hours as opposed to 40 mins of others

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 13:08 - May 25 with 2326 views34dfgdf54

https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-london-news/london-indian-variant-crucial-br

Would be a shambles.
Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 13:39 - May 25 with 2268 viewsbuilthjack

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 11:07 - May 25 by jackrabbit

We always park up in Hillingdon for the North London games. Big car park, safe, and very reasonable.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 14:23 - May 25 with 2172 viewsonehunglow

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 13:39 - May 25 by builthjack

We always park up in Hillingdon for the North London games. Big car park, safe, and very reasonable.

You and Kenny getting it on this Saturday.?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 15:01 - May 25 with 2137 viewshowenjack

This is starting to look like a scenario for a western - expedition into Indian (variant) Country.
I just hope it doesn't turn into Cooper's last stand . Park your waggons in a circle and get a brew on and beware Thomas Frank he speaks with forked tongue.
Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 18:07 - May 25 with 1984 viewslondonlisa2001

Couple of points.

Firstly, there is a difference between Hounslow the place and the London Borough of Hounslow which, in addition to Hounslow, includes Chiswick, Isleworth, Brentford etc etc etc etc. It’s a large borough.

Secondly, despite what some thickos pretend (and, incidentally the bizarre driving routes they appear to take) the communities of places like Chiswick, Isleworth etc are, in the whole, very affluent and very ‘white’. The large Indian communities where there has, obviously, been more Incidence of the Indian variant live in Hounslow itself, and areas like Feltham. There are large communities around those areas because a huge number work at Heathrow, which is in Hillingdon, bordering Hounslow.

Brentford these days, is somewhere that’s undergoing huge regeneration - billions of pounds worth. Much work has been done on Brentford riverside which borders Kew and Isleworth. The new stadium borders Kew Bridge and is a short walk from Kew Gardens. Brentford, Chiswick etc d9ntdon’t have high rates. The high rates are all around Hounslow and near Heathrow.

Hounslow council themselves have confirmed that there are absolutely no restrictions on travel in or out of the borough. Plus most of Brentford’s fans don’t necessarily live in the borough anyway. Many live in Kew, which is London Borough of Richmond on Thames.

The game will not be affected.
Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 18:12 - May 25 with 1977 viewslondonlisa2001

Brentford is a very white area. If you drove through what you describe as a ‘foreign land’ to get to Brentford’s football ground it’s because you cant read a map or operate a sat nav.

Don’t talk utter rubbish all the time. Particularly not racist rubbish.
Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 19:19 - May 25 with 1897 viewsOldjack

Brentford are awaiting confirmation that they can travel

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 19:29 - May 25 with 1866 viewsKeithHaynes

Could this be a worry for the game / fans attending? on 18:07 - May 25 by londonlisa2001

Couple of points.

Firstly, there is a difference between Hounslow the place and the London Borough of Hounslow which, in addition to Hounslow, includes Chiswick, Isleworth, Brentford etc etc etc etc. It’s a large borough.

Secondly, despite what some thickos pretend (and, incidentally the bizarre driving routes they appear to take) the communities of places like Chiswick, Isleworth etc are, in the whole, very affluent and very ‘white’. The large Indian communities where there has, obviously, been more Incidence of the Indian variant live in Hounslow itself, and areas like Feltham. There are large communities around those areas because a huge number work at Heathrow, which is in Hillingdon, bordering Hounslow.

Brentford these days, is somewhere that’s undergoing huge regeneration - billions of pounds worth. Much work has been done on Brentford riverside which borders Kew and Isleworth. The new stadium borders Kew Bridge and is a short walk from Kew Gardens. Brentford, Chiswick etc d9ntdon’t have high rates. The high rates are all around Hounslow and near Heathrow.

Hounslow council themselves have confirmed that there are absolutely no restrictions on travel in or out of the borough. Plus most of Brentford’s fans don’t necessarily live in the borough anyway. Many live in Kew, which is London Borough of Richmond on Thames.

The game will not be affected.

Thankyou Lisa.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024