Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a Month 13:56 - Jul 1 with 6058 viewsBarrowdale

Well, yesterday's news topped off what must surely be the most important era in our recent history and perhaps of all time.
I can't say I'm sorry to see BBM go, too boring, pedestrian etc (all been said before) and if it causes other players to go so be it. We've all seen that too. I wish BBM well though, seemed a decent chap by all accounts. Personally I don't wish DB any harm either. He was always fine with me, but clearly the right decision to go. It also seems like we've got some decent guys in at the helm to steady the ship and move us on. If the "This is my club" video is anything to go by they have tapped onto the beating heart of the club.
So just a couple of things left. Sort the manager post out, play attacking, entertaining football, win or lose and stop taking the knee and it will be 10 out of 10 from me!
Can't wait to be back in the ground.
ps: I can't renew on line either. It doesn't accept my ID.
What a Month on 19:37 - Jul 1 with 1868 viewsjonahwhereru

What a Month on 16:53 - Jul 1 by 49thseason

So what is the lining up and shaking hands about at the start of every game if not a gesture of respect for your opponents and officials?

It’s b-ollocks that is what it is. Did any one on the site who played football shake the hand of an opponent before the game, no. I agree with Alan Shearer on this, he said it would have been the last thing he wanted to do before a game. After the game when the opponents have earn your respect with there effort and spirit that is a different matter.
The handshake became bigger news than the game in the days of Terry / Bridge and Suarez. Heaven help us.
As for the knee if there were a black player in my team and he felt he was encountering injustices that he could do nothing about I would be right behind them.
I was a “if you see a just fight get in it” type.
We may have different views and life take all sorts. So perhaps tolerance is the key. If someone doesn’t like their team taking the knee they can always look away for 5 seconds.
What a Month on 19:49 - Jul 1 with 1811 viewsnordenblue

What a Month on 15:35 - Jul 1 by sxdale

Agree with that, as a republican, I simply don't join in with our national anthem but I feel no need to boo when it's being played. That is my point re taking the knee, why people get so worked up by it. Plus the right wing trying to confuse it with the BLM political movement no matter what the players say.

Just a coincidence it started directly after the George Floyd incident then..... but obviously nothing to do with BLM,well not now everyone knows the true extent of the bullshit policitical movement its all associated with.

I thought the FAs "kick it out" was a directive purely aimed at stamping racism out of sport over here and everyone bought into that and rightly so, still not sure why we need to try and bring a totally unrelated problem on the other side of the planet as our own issue.
What a Month on 20:09 - Jul 1 with 1745 viewsblackdogblue

What a Month on 19:49 - Jul 1 by nordenblue

Just a coincidence it started directly after the George Floyd incident then..... but obviously nothing to do with BLM,well not now everyone knows the true extent of the bullshit policitical movement its all associated with.

I thought the FAs "kick it out" was a directive purely aimed at stamping racism out of sport over here and everyone bought into that and rightly so, still not sure why we need to try and bring a totally unrelated problem on the other side of the planet as our own issue.

Thread going downhill fast … thought we were over this topic?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

What a Month on 20:10 - Jul 1 with 1742 viewsJames1980

'In July 2013, the movement began with the use of the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter on social media after the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of African-American teen Trayvon Martin 17 months earlier in February 2012.'
Over 8 years before George Floyd was murdered.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

What a Month on 20:30 - Jul 1 with 1693 viewsnordenblue

What a Month on 20:10 - Jul 1 by James1980

'In July 2013, the movement began with the use of the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter on social media after the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of African-American teen Trayvon Martin 17 months earlier in February 2012.'
Over 8 years before George Floyd was murdered.

When was all this taking the knee at football matches started was that 2013 too... not asking when the movement started
What a Month on 20:35 - Jul 1 with 1671 viewsnordenblue

What a Month on 20:09 - Jul 1 by blackdogblue

Can folk not talk about it or disagree without instantly being labelled a "racist", you don't see a problem with that?

Wilfred Zaha doesn't agree with taking the knee either, and continues to make his point, is he OK with his opinion though?
What a Month on 20:37 - Jul 1 with 1663 viewsblackdogblue

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

What a Month on 20:39 - Jul 1 with 1655 viewsnordenblue

What a Month on 20:37 - Jul 1 by blackdogblue

You can say that again
Login to get fewer ads

What a Month on 20:58 - Jul 1 with 1620 viewsSuddenLad

What a Month on 20:37 - Jul 1 by blackdogblue

Shows just how divisive it really is. There won't ever be a time when everyone agrees with it and it will be used by some, as a tool to bash other people with.

There's enough to discuss in the actual games, without having to concentrate on arguing about this kind of peripheral stuff.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

What a Month on 23:52 - Jul 1 with 1414 viewsAtThePeake

What a Month on 20:35 - Jul 1 by nordenblue

Can folk not talk about it or disagree without instantly being labelled a "racist", you don't see a problem with that?

Wilfred Zaha doesn't agree with taking the knee either, and continues to make his point, is he OK with his opinion though?

Nobody on this thread has been labelled a racist as far as I can see?

I swear this is the sixth or seventh time this same conversation has happened on this forum, with the same points being made every time. The OP included several points and yet as soon as I read it, I knew exactly which was the one that was going to be discussed.

Tangled up in blue.

What a Month on 00:03 - Jul 2 with 1400 viewsmikehunt

Our lot really showed their class when they cheered that little German girl crying.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

What a Month on 07:23 - Jul 2 with 1274 viewsD_Alien

One of the more annoying things that's started to happen is a general low-level booing of the opposition when they have possession. It's completely against the spirit of a sporting contest and makes watching equivalent to being subject to the same kind of intrusiveness that the aforementioned Uighurs are subject to by the Chinese state!

It seems to have no effect on the players. If fans can't abide the opposition having the ball they should return home to their mums and dads for a bit more potty training

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What a Month on 07:27 - Jul 2 with 1256 viewsQuigley_dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51595065
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 7:29]
What a Month on 08:45 - Jul 2 with 1116 viewsnordenblue

What a Month on 23:52 - Jul 1 by AtThePeake

Nobody on this thread has been labelled a racist as far as I can see?

I swear this is the sixth or seventh time this same conversation has happened on this forum, with the same points being made every time. The OP included several points and yet as soon as I read it, I knew exactly which was the one that was going to be discussed.

Not as yet no, that normally gets thrown around when all else fails.

If you knew exactly what would be discussed it just goes to show how split the opinion is on the matter.

Saying that I dont seem to remember many folk objecting to the FA's "kick it out" initiative, if the topic is purely racism in sport we're discussing here, any reasonable person can see that.
What a Month on 09:01 - Jul 2 with 1080 viewsDalenet

What a Month on 08:45 - Jul 2 by nordenblue

Not as yet no, that normally gets thrown around when all else fails.

If you knew exactly what would be discussed it just goes to show how split the opinion is on the matter.

Saying that I dont seem to remember many folk objecting to the FA's "kick it out" initiative, if the topic is purely racism in sport we're discussing here, any reasonable person can see that.

But that illustrates the point. Nobody objected to the Kick it out campaign. Nobody came on here claiming it was ruining their enjoyment of the game. Nobody implied it would stop them attending games. But that has been claimed by some posters on here because the players are taking the knee. We can all find something to be offended by, but we need to show more tolerance and respect. I am not sure the players action will achieve very much unless society understands unconscious bias. But leave them be to do what they think is right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024