Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading FC Hob Knobs forum 13:20 - Nov 27 with 1883 viewsKeithHaynes

Apparently the swans bore the pants off everyone.
😂 https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188926😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 13:31 - Nov 27 with 1861 viewsjack_lord

They certainly jumped on the boredwagon at the end of the thread. They say we are nothing but surely we are the greatest team in football the world has ever seen?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 13:59 - Nov 27 with 1819 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 13:31 - Nov 27 by jack_lord

They certainly jumped on the boredwagon at the end of the thread. They say we are nothing but surely we are the greatest team in football the world has ever seen?

Must be true then.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 17:36 - Nov 27 with 1680 viewsCatullus

It was true today my son wanted to leave with 25 left, I decided he was right with 77 gone.

Still plenty of work to do but today was a backwards step.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 17:56 - Nov 27 with 1661 viewsvetchonian

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 17:36 - Nov 27 by Catullus

It was true today my son wanted to leave with 25 left, I decided he was right with 77 gone.

Still plenty of work to do but today was a backwards step.

Fathy will be on your case!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 18:21 - Nov 27 with 1632 viewsCatullus

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 17:56 - Nov 27 by vetchonian

Fathy will be on your case!

Am I bovvered?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 19:09 - Nov 27 with 1577 viewsDr_Parnassus

I suppose it depends what you like out of a game.

I personally also can’t stand the passing for passing sake stuff. It instantly becomes a training game and takes all urgency and variation out of the game, can easily start zoning out.

When we have added the directness and speed of passing into the game it’s been exciting. But these fans are right, it is pretty boring for the average onlooker.

The difference between our possession game before was we used to do it to move the opposition out of their positions and then quickly spring an attack into the space. With this current possession game it certainly seems we are doing it just to keep the ball, it’s a defensive tactic not an offensive one.

If we play a possession game then we have to be prepared to mix the style and go long and direct when we can. They go hand in hand. Otherwise it’s like playing a counter attack game but refusing to play any fast players, doesn’t work.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 20:17 - Nov 27 with 1517 viewsangryjack

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 19:09 - Nov 27 by Dr_Parnassus

I personally also can’t stand the passing for passing sake stuff. It instantly becomes a training game and takes all urgency and variation out of the game, can easily start zoning out.

When we have added the directness and speed of passing into the game it’s been exciting. But these fans are right, it is pretty boring for the average onlooker.

The difference between our possession game before was we used to do it to move the opposition out of their positions and then quickly spring an attack into the space. With this current possession game it certainly seems we are doing it just to keep the ball, it’s a defensive tactic not an offensive one.

If we play a possession game then we have to be prepared to mix the style and go long and direct when we can. They go hand in hand. Otherwise it’s like playing a counter attack game but refusing to play any fast players, doesn’t work.

It's crap boring and passing without conviction.
Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 20:33 - Nov 27 with 1498 viewsNotLoyal

Genuinely think we could play that team another nine times and beat them every time.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 20:39 - Nov 27 with 1487 viewsjack_lord

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 20:33 - Nov 27 by NotLoyal

Genuinely think we could play that team another nine times and beat them every time.

yep, and only bad finishing, good goalkeeping luck and a bloody ref stopped that happening today .

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 21:47 - Nov 27 with 1416 viewsmahoss

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 19:09 - Nov 27 by Dr_Parnassus

At many times today it was excruciating…..
Laird and Manning were making runs time and time again but were just ignored.
I know people around me were losing patience with passing sideways /backwards etc.
Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 22:50 - Nov 27 with 1362 viewsjackrabbit

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 21:47 - Nov 27 by mahoss

I know people around me were losing patience with passing sideways /backwards etc.

“ Swansea's painfully patient possession game bordered on tedium as pass after pass led to little penetration in the final third" An accurate assessment from Sky sport write up.

This was after the Barnsley game, which was probably the worst example of what we’re talking about.
Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 04:08 - Nov 28 with 1300 viewsDr_Parnassus

Yep this is what we were doing at the start of the season, ignoring runs and space in order to try and play our way there instead. Just makes the whole thing very easy to defend and slows everything down.

I thought we made some real strides in recent times and was getting excited that we seem to have hit upon a nice effective balance of passing and directness, but we have very much regressed to the old way of doing things currently.

We nearly hit 800 passes and the long ball % was a shade above 5% I think for this one. It’s no coincidence that the last two games we have been called dull, boring and ineffective. This style very much is all of those things.

‘Style over substance’ was a term made exactly for this kind of football.

We need to get away from this fascination with 80% possession and 800 passes all mostly short. It’s going to be problems of our own making otherwise, they are not a measure of a good performance regardless of how much the management team like those kind of stats.

We are going through phases at the moment. Plan A until it’s clear it does work (doesn’t take long), changing it to a more direct game and realising it works, then getting over confident and seeing if we can do plan A again - before realising it still doesn’t work.

I just wonder how many of these cycles we have to endure before we stop reverting to it and drop the obsession with it.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 07:29 - Nov 28 with 1260 viewsbuilthjack

One player, Grimes, stopped that. I don't know how many times Laird or Manning went forward into space and Grimes passed sideways or backwards.
What the hell is wrong with him.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 08:53 - Nov 28 with 1220 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 22:50 - Nov 27 by jackrabbit

“ Swansea's painfully patient possession game bordered on tedium as pass after pass led to little penetration in the final third" An accurate assessment from Sky sport write up.

This was after the Barnsley game, which was probably the worst example of what we’re talking about.

Paterson late on was one on one with an isolated full back at the edge of the area and instead of attacking the box turned and played it 20 yards back. It’s so frustrating. I love possession football but you have to attack at times and you have to take risks. Especially when we are chasing the game.
Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 08:55 - Nov 28 with 1218 viewsDr_Winston

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 07:29 - Nov 28 by builthjack

One player, Grimes, stopped that. I don't know how many times Laird or Manning went forward into space and Grimes passed sideways or backwards.
What the hell is wrong with him.

Nothing. It's 95% of his game.

Harder for him to look like he's contributing when others are struggling though.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 9:29]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 10:14 - Nov 28 with 1156 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Reading FC Hob Knobs forum on 08:55 - Nov 28 by Dr_Winston

Nothing. It's 95% of his game.

Harder for him to look like he's contributing when others are struggling though.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 9:29]

100% agree. No hiding place for him yesterday. Laird had a poor game but his strength (like Bidwell’s) is running onto a moving ball which gives him the edge over his opponent. He didn’t get that apart from once late on when the overran him and he went down looking for a penalty.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024