Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS 11:53 - Dec 7 with 14535 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the knots of Forest, the cooper in a stupor with his knots in his hanky, a tatey potatey, no golf buggie but knots in his frowning. The wheel spins round it’s the battle of the managers who manage different teams, it’s time for the swans to rise, or Notts.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55143/when-steve-cooper-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56474/does-the-return-of
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56479
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56481
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56482

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:03 - Dec 11 with 1414 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 15:33 - Dec 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Our players are choosing the easy option of passing back, when they have running players to pass to.
Pedestrian.

Totally agree. I’ve never seen a team spend so much time between their own penalty box and the centre circle - back and fore, sideways back and fore, back again and then a forward pass , hooray! You think we’re out of there. No somebody puts it back again. It’s tedious in the extreme.

No wonder Piroe screwed up that chance at the end. The poor bugger must be nodding off wondering when the ball is going to be passed to him.

Let’s up the tempo and break into a run boys! You all look constipated. This game is there for the taking. Laird also looked off the pace and should have done much better on several occasions. If Piroe, Paterson and Ntcham together with Manning can click second half, we might win this. But it’s far from certain. If Forest score they’ll close it down. Bloody frustrating, and I don’t care a toss that passing accuracy is 90%. So what?
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:04 - Dec 11 with 1409 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 15:55 - Dec 11 by onehunglow

Why select a midfielder as CH when two are selected to play as full backs.
We are so boring. I cannot see how Russ excites in any way.
And this is the work in progress .

We are simply treading water with him.

Cabango, Bennet and whoever is taking that position ( Grimes, Downes, Manning ? ) haven’t been that threatened. If you can’t see this was a half more about Piroe and Ntcham missing chances from creative play I don’t know what to say. Russell Martin has set us up well today with what he has. What he can’t do is score goals from the sideline.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:05 - Dec 11 with 1389 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:02 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

I’d be very interested to hear some honest opinions from those that demand entertainment. I have to be missing something surely?

Regardless of result here, this is certainly not exciting in the slightest is it, let’s be fair. This slow style is beyond boring, it’s hard to disagree with the opposition fans of late.

I have missed only a handful of hands in almost 50 years. I have cancelled all sorts of family functions and found any means to listen or watch to a game.
Now I struggle to get excited,it’s a duty. I truly feel we are being dumbed down results wise and we are implored to trust a completely untried manager no matter what.
I see decent lads not playerd,insulted,dumped and others played out of position .It is criminal.

We will wise up but it could be some time. It will be a matter of Martin moving on before he is sacked .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:08 - Dec 11 with 1374 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Classic poncing about in defence and Hamer giving the ball away.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:08 - Dec 11 with 1369 viewsDr_Parnassus

Christ this is bad.

0-1

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:09 - Dec 11 with 1346 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:08 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Christ this is bad.

0-1

Weak.
Weak tackling
Weak organisation.
Work in progress myatrse

I just pray this chap goes asap

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:09 - Dec 11 with 1340 viewsDr_Parnassus

Just shocking.

0-2

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:10 - Dec 11 with 1330 viewstheloneranger

Even worse 0-2.

Wide open on our left again.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:12 - Dec 11 with 1286 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:03 - Dec 11 by jackrabbit

Totally agree. I’ve never seen a team spend so much time between their own penalty box and the centre circle - back and fore, sideways back and fore, back again and then a forward pass , hooray! You think we’re out of there. No somebody puts it back again. It’s tedious in the extreme.

No wonder Piroe screwed up that chance at the end. The poor bugger must be nodding off wondering when the ball is going to be passed to him.

Let’s up the tempo and break into a run boys! You all look constipated. This game is there for the taking. Laird also looked off the pace and should have done much better on several occasions. If Piroe, Paterson and Ntcham together with Manning can click second half, we might win this. But it’s far from certain. If Forest score they’ll close it down. Bloody frustrating, and I don’t care a toss that passing accuracy is 90%. So what?

It’s absolutely back to the tactics we saw at the start of the season.

Why on earth would we work hard to find a nice and effective way of playing only to ditch it to go back to what we have already established and learned doesn’t work?

I really can’t get my head around it.

3% long passes up until now. THREE percent. Never seen anything so ridiculous in all my life, no exaggeration.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 16:15]

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:12 - Dec 11 with 1284 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:10 - Dec 11 by theloneranger

Even worse 0-2.

Wide open on our left again.

But our passing stats are great .
Innit

Enough

We should be brave enough and do what we have to do.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:14 - Dec 11 with 1247 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:12 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s absolutely back to the tactics we saw at the start of the season.

Why on earth would we work hard to find a nice and effective way of playing only to ditch it to go back to what we have already established and learned doesn’t work?

I really can’t get my head around it.

3% long passes up until now. THREE percent. Never seen anything so ridiculous in all my life, no exaggeration.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 16:15]

Simple, in two words.
Martin's EGO.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:14 - Dec 11 with 1248 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I wonder who is more excited by today's game. The Swansea City supporters who's team has 70% of the ball, or the Nottingham Forest supporters who's team has managed to achieve more shots on goal with just 30% of the ball.

Again, I'll keep saying this until it is (and it soon will be) the general consensus - a high possession statistic does not equal exciting football.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:15 - Dec 11 with 1228 viewsonehunglow

Now Martin should withdraw Downes

Manage ,man

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:21 - Dec 11 with 1136 viewsDr_Parnassus

Thank goodness for Piroe.

1-2

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:23 - Dec 11 with 1114 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:21 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

1-2

Yes, he obviously swapped his boots for the scoring ones.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:23 - Dec 11 with 1106 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:21 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

1-2

I feel for him. He is dynamite potentially

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:27 - Dec 11 with 1082 viewsDr_Parnassus

1-3

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:28 - Dec 11 with 1048 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Hamer having a mare.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:29 - Dec 11 with 1043 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:23 - Dec 11 by onehunglow

I feel for him. He is dynamite potentially

I wouldn’t be surprised if Brighton snap him up in January. Potter needs a centre forward and he’d be a good fit. I think he’d jump at the chance of playing in a team that would give him service.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:29 - Dec 11 with 1033 viewsonehunglow

Hamer has gone

It’s a bluddy shame

Obvious what our problem is

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:31 - Dec 11 with 1010 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

28% possession yet they have had more shots on goal, twice as many shots on target, more corners and 3x as many goals.

We've had 72% of the ball yet their goalkeeper has had to make one save.

It's abysmal. However, it's no different to much of the season. Why people not only accept this but actively defend it is beyond me.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:31 - Dec 11 with 1001 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Even free kicks in their half get passed backwards.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 16:31]
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:34 - Dec 11 with 962 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:31 - Dec 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

28% possession yet they have had more shots on goal, twice as many shots on target, more corners and 3x as many goals.

It's abysmal. However, it's no different to much of the season. Why people not only accept this but actively defend it is beyond me.

They are kidding themselves as they want to be seen as loyal fans.
Loyal fans should do all they can to see Russ walk away.

This is down to him

We need full backs . We play CHs thinking we can play pretty from the back.

It’s insulting

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:36 - Dec 11 with 942 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:31 - Dec 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

This way of playing can’t continue, it’s completely illogical.

Nobody can defend this utter madness anymore surely? There has to be some recognition that possession and passing is only entertaining if it’s effective.

This isn’t effective… or entertaining. It’s painful.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:38 - Dec 11 with 925 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:36 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

This way of playing can’t continue, it’s completely illogical.

Nobody can defend this utter madness anymore surely? There has to be some recognition that possession and passing is only entertaining if it’s effective.

This isn’t effective… or entertaining. It’s painful.

Well not to Martin it ain’t.

As logical as saying we were fantastic when losing at Boro.

Why are people swallowing this drivel

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024