Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) 11:38 - Jul 6 with 20220 viewseghamranger

So says the daily mail, having a medial ( not a medical) so could be BS.

4.5million… ????
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 08:19 - Jul 7 with 3104 viewsNorthantsHoop

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 07:37 - Jul 7 by Northernr

I'm very concerned as well. And those first three games are horrible fixtures for him to have been given.

Does look a tough start. Our record at Blackburn is awful, Boro are likely to be one of the faves this season and Sunderland newly promoted spirits will be high.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 08:26 - Jul 7 with 3050 viewsleeds1996

Hi Lads

Having watched Roberts for 4 years, let me tell you exactly what you're getting to save you the guess work.

The main problem with Tyler, is he has only been able to stay fit for a month at a time and it's massively slowed his progress down. Under Bielsa, as everyone knows it's about fitness and running before anything, so being out the team all the time made it difficult for him to get a good run, he got a run of about 6 games (full 90 mins) last season and he didn't score much, but played very well.

The other issue is, Bamford has been our sole striker, so fitting Roberts into the team means he has mainly played a no10 role, when really he is a striker and the few times he played as a striker he scored a few goals, see Hull away in the Championship for example.

Good points:
Great link up play
Lovely first touch
Good pace
Good passing

Bad points:
Not taking his chances (down to run of games imo)
Really injury prone

I think he will smash the championship if you can keep his fit, but don't hold your breath on that.

Hope it helps
Best of luck for next season
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 08:33 - Jul 7 with 3025 viewsMyke

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 08:26 - Jul 7 by leeds1996

Hi Lads

Having watched Roberts for 4 years, let me tell you exactly what you're getting to save you the guess work.

The main problem with Tyler, is he has only been able to stay fit for a month at a time and it's massively slowed his progress down. Under Bielsa, as everyone knows it's about fitness and running before anything, so being out the team all the time made it difficult for him to get a good run, he got a run of about 6 games (full 90 mins) last season and he didn't score much, but played very well.

The other issue is, Bamford has been our sole striker, so fitting Roberts into the team means he has mainly played a no10 role, when really he is a striker and the few times he played as a striker he scored a few goals, see Hull away in the Championship for example.

Good points:
Great link up play
Lovely first touch
Good pace
Good passing

Bad points:
Really injury prone

I think he will smash the championship if you can keep his fit, but don't hold your breath on that.

Hope it helps

Thanks for insight. Am I not right in saying that Bamford missed a huge chunk of last season through injury? So why did Roberts not get a run of games then, or was he also injured at the same time?
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 08:39 - Jul 7 with 3008 viewsRs_Holy

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 08:26 - Jul 7 by leeds1996

Hi Lads

Good points:
Great link up play
Lovely first touch
Good pace
Good passing

Bad points:
Really injury prone

Hope it helps

cheers Leeds1996... most of the players we sign these days come with a 'the problem with (add appropriate name)' proviso... We now have a nice selection of strikers who don't score very often.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 08:47 - Jul 7 with 2976 viewsTheChef

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 05:52 - Jul 7 by silky

That post in a nutshell is exactly how I feel about our situation. It Beale doesn't get off to a goodish start this could go south very quickly.

Might as well sack him now and save everyone the trouble.

Same with the next manager.

And the one after that.

Actually, why bother with managers? Just let the players sort themselves out.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 08:59 - Jul 7 with 2939 viewsPinnerPaul

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 01:09 - Jul 7 by DejR_vu

I think there’s a real danger that MB had been overhyped. Undoubtedly a very good and well respected coach, but he’s not going to be a miracle worker turning average players into world beaters.

Very interesting how this is shaping up. About the only real criticism that could even remotely be levelled at MW was that he didn’t take a genuine academy player (ie one that had been here from a young age) play him regularly and sell him for big money. MW obviously didn’t rate them, others at the club reputedly disagreed. Yet, here we are signing players rather than playing those academy players. Hmm. If they’re good enough why are we signing these players? If they’re not, what was the problem with MW not playing them?

This, to me, increasingly looks like a power struggle as opposed to a footballing decision.

This guy has international & PL appearances to his name, plus 2 seasons in the Championship, one in a promotion winning team and the other in a team in the top 6 all season.

Despite the opinions of those on here who haven't even seen him play, you can't ignore that experience and to say, MB or anyone could somehow replicate that in 'one of our own' is just fanciful.

Not all 18, 19, 20 or whatever players are same ability wise or experience wise.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 09:01 - Jul 7 with 2913 viewsPinnerPaul

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 05:52 - Jul 7 by silky

That post in a nutshell is exactly how I feel about our situation. It Beale doesn't get off to a goodish start this could go south very quickly.

As we said in the MW leaving aftermath, that last line would apply to ANYONE!
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 09:03 - Jul 7 with 2887 viewsPinnerPaul

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 08:19 - Jul 7 by NorthantsHoop

Does look a tough start. Our record at Blackburn is awful, Boro are likely to be one of the faves this season and Sunderland newly promoted spirits will be high.

Well as for the first game, we could have been given anyone who finished above Blackburn, any of the three relegated PL clubs or any of the promoted clubs, so personally think its an OK start.
Login to get fewer ads

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 09:09 - Jul 7 with 2831 viewsMyke

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 07:37 - Jul 7 by Northernr

I'm very concerned as well. And those first three games are horrible fixtures for him to have been given.

I see the opening 3 games differently. Because they are tough fixtures (and Blackburn is almost always a write off anyway) there will be less angst if we fail to pick up (m)any points than say if we had Rotherham at home and got beat. The main thing is for everyone to remain calm if we get off to a poor start and not lose our collective sh1t like the beginning of McClaren's season. We know from last season's collapse and the season's before turnaround that it a long haul and the situation after 10/20 /30 games can look very different than after the first 3.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 09:30 - Jul 7 with 2766 viewsdmm

If the current FFW forum poll on expectations is right, around 2/3s of supporters think we'll finish in midtable. That sounds right to me and so people are prepared to give Beale a fair amount of leeway. That's just what we need. As long as the football is entertaining and shows promise, Beale will be okay.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 09:58 - Jul 7 with 2683 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 06:53 - Jul 7 by SouthallRanger

I don’t think we can say that we are making signings rather than trusting our youthacademy. Every team needs a blend of experience… you win nothing with kids remember unless you have a batch like Man Utd class of 97.

In this case we have lost experience from our defence in Barbet, Wallace and Odabajo two of which were guaranteed starters. I don’t think our youngsters could have replaced that and even if they could we’d have still needed cover.

As for Roberts. As much as I have wanted Thomas to do well, we were severely weakened when willock got injured last season. So if roberts is better cover, or even good enough to displace either Willock or Chair, or we play all three in a man city false 9 style let’s see. Looks like we are doing what we can with our budget. Let’s give the lad a chance.

As for bringing through our own youth. They are training with the first team and being assessed. Let’s reserve judgement until we see how the team, players and management go.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 7:00]

Agree with all of this.

I don't see the 'power struggle' angle, I have to be honest. The board/owners have been very clear that Beale is a Head Coach, so the signings must have the full imprimatur of the club.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 10:14 - Jul 7 with 2601 viewsfrancisbowles

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 09:58 - Jul 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with all of this.

I don't see the 'power struggle' angle, I have to be honest. The board/owners have been very clear that Beale is a Head Coach, so the signings must have the full imprimatur of the club.

Agree Brian an we need a bigger squad this season if we are not to run out of steam again.

This season starts a week earlier than usual and finishes at the usual date. However, there is a four week break in the middle. Therefore, the already congested fixture list is going to be squeezed even further into three less weeks. We will need to rotate more, both from game to game and within games now we have the ability to make five changes.

We will need our new players and our youngsters to have sufficient squad numbers and depth.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 12:37 - Jul 7 with 2373 viewsCroydonCaptJack

https://www.thesquareball.net/leeds-united/finding-time-for-tyler-roberts-leeds-
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 12:37 - Jul 7 with 2373 viewsT_Block

Go back and buy Bright-worth a punt with a new manager,

Warburton must often wonder what would have happened if he stayed
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 12:40 - Jul 7 with 2353 viewsNorthernr

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 12:37 - Jul 7 by T_Block

Go back and buy Bright-worth a punt with a new manager,

Warburton must often wonder what would have happened if he stayed

Bright's a first team player at Fenerbahce, what exactly are we going to buy him back with?
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 13:28 - Jul 7 with 2145 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 12:40 - Jul 7 by Northernr

Bright's a first team player at Fenerbahce, what exactly are we going to buy him back with?

Couple of million Turkish Lira? (Disclaimer: I've no idea of the exchange rate).
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 13:51 - Jul 7 with 2079 viewskingsburyR

The other half of Cyprus.

Not that it's our to give!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 14:00 - Jul 7 with 2045 viewskensalriser

Abuse reported

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 23:24 - Jul 7 with 1595 viewsCiderwithRsie

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 15:52 - Jul 6 by Metallica_Hoop

Sounds alright to me, I've not seen him play though.

I was like Wat Tyler?....

Peasant! You Revolt me.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 23:38 - Jul 7 with 1556 viewsCiderwithRsie

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 00:40 - Jul 7 by DannyPaddox

Admittedly he’s a Leeds supporter from West London … ie: no moral compass

Maybe he's just got no actual compass?

Loads of running but poor decision-making, it says here, so I reckon he was heading down Hanger Lane for the Uxbridge Road, got confused by the Gyratory, put his head down and ended up running up the North Circular to the A1.

Once he'd got to Yorkshire it'd be easy for Bielsa to lure him over to the dark side.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 12:15 - Jul 9 with 1225 viewsdmm

Some interesting analysis by WLS's Dan Bennett. In short, he feels Roberts has his strengths and weaknesses but his attributes will add value to the squad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024