Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Souness 15:53 - Aug 15 with 3168 viewspencoedjack

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/15/graeme-souness-criticised-mans-

Do the England womans team really think 'two weeks after @Lionesses end a 56-year-wait and win European Championships'

Really? Does anyone (sensible) really think it has as much worth in comparison to the mens game?
Souness on 22:25 - Aug 15 with 908 viewsbuilthjack

Souness on 18:45 - Aug 15 by raynor94

There was an item during the women's Euros, when it was said England's Ellen White was closing in on Rooney's England goal scoring record.

Really!

That's plain daft.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Souness on 23:10 - Aug 15 with 858 viewsTomsyard

Souness on 15:59 - Aug 15 by angryjack

Taken out of context

What he said was absolutely right but if anyone wants to take it out of context crack on. He’s just watched a load of blokes getting stuck in and a couple of older blokes on the sideline getting sent off and what he said was totally in context and was nothing to do with women’s football. How anyone can link it the women’s game I don’t know and I’m also surprised there are some ex England women players who are doing just that, it’s making them sound rather stupid. We all have to walk on eggshells now so as we don’t upset someone, please don’t let it creep into football. I watched a lot of the euros and really enjoyed it but.......context context context
Souness on 23:42 - Aug 15 with 841 viewsBryanSwan

Souness on 22:04 - Aug 15 by KeithHaynes

And so be it.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62548431

Good on Souness standing by what he has said, only those who are looking for an issue with everything will have found one.
Even if that is by completely taking it out of context.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Souness on 23:55 - Aug 15 with 833 viewslibertyx

Souness has no reason to apologise. I'm female and watched the game, nothing wrong with what he said. The problem today is people look for the slightest excuse or reason to get offended.
Souness on 23:59 - Aug 15 with 819 viewsDr_Parnassus

He is of course correct.

There isn’t a single woman player in the football league, are they even allowed?

The football he is talking about is absolutely “a man’s game” and those pretending otherwise just to be offended again and prove to the mob how woke they are really need to give themselves a sharp slap in the face.

If there was a women’s premier league game and one of the female commentators said “this is a women’s game at the end of the day”. Nobody would bat an eyelid… because she would be right.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Souness on 06:16 - Aug 16 with 767 viewsjackal

It's woke madness again.

He wasn't putting the women's game down but using the old expression to say that footballers are a bunch of diving, injury-feigning Prima Donnas.

This new idea of telling refs to ignore their whining and let the game flow is great. Something had to be done. It was truly pathetic to see some of the antics that some "men" resorted to.
Souness on 08:00 - Aug 16 with 743 viewsYrAlarch

Souness on 19:13 - Aug 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Men throughout history are seen as more aggressive and less risk averse. Generally women are seen as less aggressive and more cautious. This is rational in the concept of child birth and child raising. Roles are adopted that are fit for purpose. (e.g. raising a family)

Men are also faster stronger and more physical. Men are less likely to raise children where aggression and risk are not considered beneficial traits.

Gay female footballers are far more common in women's football than men's football. It would be logical to suggest Women taking on Male aggressivity and risk taking would be beneficial in the women.s game.

Perhaps now the women's game is also a 'mans' game.

I do not think that you would find many 'gay female footballers' in men's football, Resloven.

But, to be serious, it would seem that, as in other workplaces, women are not so restrained about 'coming out' as are men.
Souness on 08:59 - Aug 16 with 707 viewsCatullus

Souness on 19:13 - Aug 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Men throughout history are seen as more aggressive and less risk averse. Generally women are seen as less aggressive and more cautious. This is rational in the concept of child birth and child raising. Roles are adopted that are fit for purpose. (e.g. raising a family)

Men are also faster stronger and more physical. Men are less likely to raise children where aggression and risk are not considered beneficial traits.

Gay female footballers are far more common in women's football than men's football. It would be logical to suggest Women taking on Male aggressivity and risk taking would be beneficial in the women.s game.

Perhaps now the women's game is also a 'mans' game.

I'd go further and say there are no gay females playing in mens football

Men arent so less likely to raising a family any more either. Myself and 2 of my friends have been "househusbands" whn our wives had better jobs (in my case I was medically retired) so we stayed at home, equality eh, modern man me

I've watched the womens football and they can be plenty physical but they don't behave like a bunch of wimps, maybe they did shame the men into improving which would be ironic in the context of this thread.

Until the day football is a mixed sport no woman can equal Rooney's record and it's the same the other way around, no man can equal the womens record.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Souness on 12:38 - Aug 16 with 665 viewshowenjack

Souness on 18:33 - Aug 15 by 73__73

Souness was a great player and probably the best pundit out there.
And let’s be honest he played like a man, a very tough man.
He didn’t play like a tough woman, because he’s a man.
The match he was talking about was played by men.
Hope you all understand that.

Remember when he stamped on that Welsh midfielder ? Can't remember his name .
Nasty .
Souness on 13:39 - Aug 16 with 646 viewsonehunglow

Souness on 12:38 - Aug 16 by howenjack

Remember when he stamped on that Welsh midfielder ? Can't remember his name .
Nasty .

Peter Nicholas?
Souness was terrific player and would be a vital member of any tea.
He didn’t want to be loved.far from it

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Souness on 13:45 - Aug 16 with 643 viewspencoedjack

Souness on 13:39 - Aug 16 by onehunglow

Peter Nicholas?

Top class player for sure.

I’d love that type player in our current side.
Souness on 14:08 - Aug 16 with 621 viewsonehunglow

I met him once when he was at Liverpool. Got the impression he wanted to tw@t me.
He wouldn’t be the first

Souness on 15:29 - Aug 16 with 590 viewshowenjack

Peter Nicholas?

That's the one - really bad reaction .
Souness on 15:36 - Aug 16 with 574 viewsswan_si

Souness on 14:08 - Aug 16 by onehunglow

I met him once when he was at Liverpool. Got the impression he wanted to tw@t me.
He wouldn’t be the first

Did you tell him he looked like Yozzer Hughes
Souness on 15:38 - Aug 16 with 570 viewsonehunglow

Souness on 15:29 - Aug 16 by howenjack

That's the one - really bad reaction .

It was.

Souness on 16:12 - Aug 16 with 548 viewsCatullus

Peter Nicholas?

I wouldn't want him in my tea, far too hard to chew

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Souness on 18:54 - Aug 16 with 497 viewsTenbySwan

Souness is a dinosaur, along with all the other prats on Talk Sport who were trying to defend it.
Totally not defensible in this day and age.

He should have said football is a physical game
Souness on 19:34 - Aug 16 with 477 viewsonehunglow

Souness on 18:54 - Aug 16 by TenbySwan

Souness is a dinosaur, along with all the other prats on Talk Sport who were trying to defend it.

Dinosaur will be deemed offensive before long.
Makes you wonder whether dinosaurs would have transitioned

Souness on 19:34 - Aug 16 with 475 viewsswan_si

Souness on 18:54 - Aug 16 by TenbySwan

This day and age is the problem, go woke or go broke, mind the eggshells on your way out..
Souness on 19:38 - Aug 16 with 472 viewsonehunglow

Hope on here are using free range eggs not the cruel battery made ones
Eggshells have feelings

It’s @ mad mad mad mad mad world

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024