Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! 10:50 - Aug 25 with 4876 viewseghamranger

I know they haven’t had a great start, but it’s still August for gawd sake!

[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 11:46]
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:07 - Aug 25 with 3912 viewsJames_Paddocks

Awful time to sack a manager too
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:12 - Aug 25 with 3879 viewsNorthernr

Unless they've got somebody great lined up that's mad timing. Nothing, nothing, has happened at Stoke since the start of this season that they didn't know about or weren't unhappy about last season. Let him spend the budget, use up 95% of the transfer window, and sack him for exactly the same reasons you were pissd with him last season. Fcking dumb.
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:16 - Aug 25 with 3851 viewsDoudou87

Sean Dyche surely.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:17 - Aug 25 with 3840 viewsPhildo

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:12 - Aug 25 by Northernr

Unless they've got somebody great lined up that's mad timing. Nothing, nothing, has happened at Stoke since the start of this season that they didn't know about or weren't unhappy about last season. Let him spend the budget, use up 95% of the transfer window, and sack him for exactly the same reasons you were pissd with him last season. Fcking dumb.

unless someone has been found in a tired and emotional state again
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:22 - Aug 25 with 3783 viewsNorthernr

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:17 - Aug 25 by Phildo

unless someone has been found in a tired and emotional state again

But, again, would that be a new surprise?
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:30 - Aug 25 with 3705 viewspaulhoop2

Warbs would be a good choice

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:37 - Aug 25 with 3637 viewsDavieQPR

Wonder how long before their fans start saying 'get Dyches'.
Just had a quick look and their forum has 9 pages on him already.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 11:40]
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:40 - Aug 25 with 3618 viewsSuperhoop83

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:12 - Aug 25 by Northernr

It may be fcking dumb, but it could be ideal timing for their new manager bounce come 17th September.

Suffering since 1978.

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:44 - Aug 25 with 3578 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:37 - Aug 25 by DavieQPR

Wonder how long before their fans start saying 'get Dyches'.
Just had a quick look and their forum has 9 pages on him already.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 11:40]

Massive club, inni!

Have always had a soft spot for O'Neill.
Now that he's left I can up my hatred of those violent Stoke thugs from 98% back up to 100%.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:48 - Aug 25 with 3563 viewsNorthernr

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:40 - Aug 25 by Superhoop83

It may be fcking dumb, but it could be ideal timing for their new manager bounce come 17th September.

If you can't beat Blackpool or Rotherham at home you got bigger issues...
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 12:23 - Aug 25 with 3352 viewsJames_Paddocks

Joey Barton's name is being thrown around on Twitter

Stoke and Barton just feels right (for all the wrong reasons).
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 12:25 - Aug 25 with 3342 viewsdaveB

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:48 - Aug 25 by Northernr

Preston drew at home with Rotherham as well but know what you mean
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 13:01 - Aug 25 with 3155 viewsWegerles_Stairs

No harm sacking a manager if he's run his course. Not sure why Warburton kept his job last season if things were so bad behind the scenes and it was the season we were supposedly 'going for it'.
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! (n/t) on 15:37 - Aug 25 with 2884 viewsAntti_Heinola

[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 15:37]

Bare bones.

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 15:37 - Aug 25 with 2884 viewsAntti_Heinola

But we can beat Boro, so... and no one's beaten Rotherham yet

Bare bones.

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 15:39 - Aug 25 with 2869 viewsNorthernr

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 15:37 - Aug 25 by Antti_Heinola

We shall see. I obviously hope I'm very wrong.
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 16:00 - Aug 25 with 2806 viewsAntti_Heinola

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 15:39 - Aug 25 by Northernr

We shall see. I obviously hope I'm very wrong.

Well I've only been able to see one game this seaosn, so what do I know?!
But I don't think you can measure things on who you can or can't beat across a season. I was at Scunthorpe 4 QPR 1 as you were too I'm sure. Had that happened in the first week: 'if you can't beat Scunthorpe...'
Then again, as I said before the seaosn opener, I was baffled by the optimism on this board. I loved Warbs, but we'd been poor for months and in relegation form. The idea that a couple of signings and a new manager would alter that to any degree early in the season was always fanciful - in fact, Beale has been further hamstrung (pun intended) by having to work without most of his signings most of the time.
What I would say is that we were scintillating for 40 mins v Boro, and created enough chances to win 3 games v Rotherham judging from the highlights. But as you often say, it's about expectations. I expected us to struggle, but hopefully improve over the course of the season. If you expected us to be challenging top 6 again immediately then you're going to be justifiably worried.

Bare bones.

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 16:21 - Aug 25 with 2729 viewsdaveB

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 16:00 - Aug 25 by Antti_Heinola

But I don't think you can measure things on who you can or can't beat across a season. I was at Scunthorpe 4 QPR 1 as you were too I'm sure. Had that happened in the first week: 'if you can't beat Scunthorpe...'
Then again, as I said before the seaosn opener, I was baffled by the optimism on this board. I loved Warbs, but we'd been poor for months and in relegation form. The idea that a couple of signings and a new manager would alter that to any degree early in the season was always fanciful - in fact, Beale has been further hamstrung (pun intended) by having to work without most of his signings most of the time.
What I would say is that we were scintillating for 40 mins v Boro, and created enough chances to win 3 games v Rotherham judging from the highlights. But as you often say, it's about expectations. I expected us to struggle, but hopefully improve over the course of the season. If you expected us to be challenging top 6 again immediately then you're going to be justifiably worried.

We look to me very similar to Warbs second season, lots of promoise but can't score a goal. Could be a real struggle if we don't get someone in who can turn these draws into wins but you could probably say the same about 7/8 other teams in this division. The line between top half and bottom 6 isn't that big.
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 16:26 - Aug 25 with 2702 viewsSuperhoop83

My assessment, which is wrong no doubt, is that with Amos and/or Richards back in midfield and a new, decent striker (I know, I know) we could have a decent season. I didn't think we were THAT bad against Blackpool and we should have beaten Rotherham easily.

Suffering since 1978.

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:26 - Aug 26 with 2202 viewsHAYESBOY

Stoke given permission to speak with Alex Neill at Sunderland. Odd move if he goes.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:29 - Aug 26 with 2187 viewsNorthernr

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:26 - Aug 26 by HAYESBOY

Stoke given permission to speak with Alex Neill at Sunderland. Odd move if he goes.

He nearly went there when he was at Preston. Odd job to crave, particularly in their financial state.
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:47 - Aug 26 with 2116 viewsPhildo

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 11:26 - Aug 26 by HAYESBOY

they have deployed the cvnt seeking missile then.

Sh;thousers assemble
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 12:37 - Aug 26 with 2008 viewskensalriser

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 15:37 - Aug 25 by Antti_Heinola

And Boro have beaten no one and Reading are third. Not sure if any of it is meaningful yet, the only reliable looking stat is that Watford are unbeaten.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 13:04 - Aug 26 with 1958 viewsnix

I didn't expect much either this season: mew manager doing things slightly differently; new players coming in; losing a few experienced players, it was going to be a bit of a rebuild this season.

I wasn't pessimistic either. I don't think the end of the world is nigh because we didn't beat Rotherham at home. I just don't see how anyone can judge the season this early on with the upheaval and the injuries.
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 13:57 - Aug 26 with 1855 viewsterryb

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 12:37 - Aug 26 by kensalriser

And Boro have beaten no one and Reading are third. Not sure if any of it is meaningful yet, the only reliable looking stat is that Watford are unbeaten.

And Rotherham beat Reading 4-0.

Either proof that a point against them was a "good" result. OR that every team is average & that no match is a given win.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024