Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congestion charge 12:26 - Aug 31 with 2491 viewsnix

Just wondering if anyone has been caught up in fines for this? I believed I'd set up autopay last week and I noticed today that I've got a email validation in my junk mail for my account which prompted me to contact them. I am convinced that I entered my bank details for the auto pay because I would know that that's the only way for them to take payment. They're saying that I only registered my car and not the autopay. I can't prove it but they can't prove that I didn't either. I've notified them before any penalty notice but outside the three day's grace for payment I'm assuming I'll have to pay the fine but anyone experienced this?
Congestion charge on 12:35 - Aug 31 with 2441 views100percent

I recently bought a used car that was previously exempt from the congestion charge (I'm assuming they had some type of disability) I've attempted to add it to my auto pay on multiple occasions. Low and behold I get a fine when they finally decide to take away it;s exemption.
I've appealed but I don't hold out too much hope. Just another method of extortion.
Congestion charge on 12:40 - Aug 31 with 2402 viewsJuzzie

In my experience they don't budge, you pay, end of.

Not a fine as such but one day I wasn't quite sure if I briefly went in the zone or not (it was just by the Marylebone flyover) so I called them to ask if I was recorded as having entered. They just said it was up to me to know if I did or not. I had two choices.... not pay the fee and risk then getting the higher fine or pay the fee. I paid the fee. Fkkers.
Congestion charge on 12:46 - Aug 31 with 2350 viewsnix

Congestion charge on 12:40 - Aug 31 by Juzzie

In my experience they don't budge, you pay, end of.

Not a fine as such but one day I wasn't quite sure if I briefly went in the zone or not (it was just by the Marylebone flyover) so I called them to ask if I was recorded as having entered. They just said it was up to me to know if I did or not. I had two choices.... not pay the fee and risk then getting the higher fine or pay the fee. I paid the fee. Fkkers.

Fkkrs indeed. Thanks both for the replies. I'll just pay then.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 12:47]
Congestion charge on 12:48 - Aug 31 with 2337 viewsPhildo

I tried to set up autopay direct debit yesterday but there are only 4 fields for the sort code instead of 6 so you have to pay by card. The website and login is a mess.
Congestion charge on 13:02 - Aug 31 with 2254 viewsnix

I would never use the online service again. When I rang up to query it I did it over the phone and it's set up now when I go to my account because I checked.

Just a warning to anyone who is thinking of signing up online.
Congestion charge on 15:33 - Aug 31 with 2006 viewsBoston

How things have changed in London. When I left the only congestion charge was the price of a packet of Halls.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Congestion charge on 16:54 - Aug 31 with 1896 viewsstevec

I had a bit of an altercation about a fine I got parking in Sheen, one of those Richmond Roads, some years back.

Anyway they wouldn’t budge so I made my feelings felt to the then Mayor of London, Boris, got a nice letter back and the fine cancelled.

Can’t say you’ll get the same response from Genghis, but worth a try.
Congestion charge on 17:35 - Aug 31 with 1816 viewsnix

Congestion charge on 16:54 - Aug 31 by stevec

I had a bit of an altercation about a fine I got parking in Sheen, one of those Richmond Roads, some years back.

Anyway they wouldn’t budge so I made my feelings felt to the then Mayor of London, Boris, got a nice letter back and the fine cancelled.

Can’t say you’ll get the same response from Genghis, but worth a try.

Thanks Steve. I might give it a go. I've heard they've got tighter at cancelling them these days though. Probably money tight and it's a good revenue raiser.
Login to get fewer ads

Congestion charge on 17:46 - Aug 31 with 1783 viewsLblock

This is another tax we have to pay unfortunately.

TFL seem to just sit there and come up with further ways to extort money out of people going about their business in London.
Don't buy the climate and air quality bollox --- nobody travels for the fun of it, it's a necessity and they are simply looking for coin.

How an organisation like them can then claim to be bankrupt and need bail outs is beyond me.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024