Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice Sam Field interview. 20:40 - Sep 19 with 2545 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

Nice Sam Field interview. on 21:09 - Sep 19 with 2450 viewsaston_hoop

Just here to say I'm a huge fan of Field turning up to an interview in a suit and QPR tie. Will listen to the interview now

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Nice Sam Field interview. on 21:20 - Sep 19 with 2420 viewsdmm

Our baby face assassin.
Nice Sam Field interview. on 23:53 - Sep 19 with 2273 viewsPunteR

He'll go far, that kid.!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Nice Sam Field interview. on 06:59 - Sep 20 with 2179 viewsNorthernr

Nice Sam Field interview. on 21:09 - Sep 19 by aston_hoop

Just here to say I'm a huge fan of Field turning up to an interview in a suit and QPR tie. Will listen to the interview now

Beale has gone all Coach Carter on them - shirt and tie on gameday now.
Apparently a few of them literally didn't have a suit so they had to delay it a few weeks.
Still, no VAT on kids clothes for Illy so that's something in these tough times.

Must say Sam seems very nice for somebody gets booked every 12 minutes. Did enjoy him giving Delap a spraying after his dive at the weekend.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Nice Sam Field interview. on 07:21 - Sep 20 with 2118 viewsBrianMcCarthy

His bookings are odd, hard to explain. There are definitely yellows that he has to collect, and times where he stops a break and must wonder why he's the only one willing to do it.

But there are others, particularly late on in games, where he squares up parallel like a novice, gets turned as a result and then either has to take the resulting yellow to stop the break he's created or takes one just because he's annoyed with himself.

He will alwys get a share of the professional yellows as he's willing to take those, but if he learns to jockey his player with a split stance the silly yellows should be reduced.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nice Sam Field interview. on 07:56 - Sep 20 with 2062 viewsTheChef

I'm in love

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nice Sam Field interview. on 10:27 - Sep 20 with 1949 viewsnix

Nice Sam Field interview. on 07:56 - Sep 20 by TheChef

I'm in love

If I had a daughter, I'd be thrilled if she brought him home for dinner! He'd probably offer to clear the dishes.

One thing about him is he always seems to get into good positions up front but can't shoot for toffee. Shame. Love having him in the team.
Nice Sam Field interview. on 10:32 - Sep 20 with 1930 viewsEastR

Nice Sam Field interview. on 07:21 - Sep 20 by BrianMcCarthy

His bookings are odd, hard to explain. There are definitely yellows that he has to collect, and times where he stops a break and must wonder why he's the only one willing to do it.

But there are others, particularly late on in games, where he squares up parallel like a novice, gets turned as a result and then either has to take the resulting yellow to stop the break he's created or takes one just because he's annoyed with himself.

He will alwys get a share of the professional yellows as he's willing to take those, but if he learns to jockey his player with a split stance the silly yellows should be reduced.

I reckon those late ones are down to fatigue creeping in

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

Nice Sam Field interview. on 10:47 - Sep 20 with 1890 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nice Sam Field interview. on 10:32 - Sep 20 by EastR

I reckon those late ones are down to fatigue creeping in

Good point. You may well be right on that.

A Nutritionist told our GAA players once that even a 2% loss in mass due to hydration will lead to a reduction in good decision making. Though I liked the players hearing that, I'm not so sure it's that simple - players who are dehydrated will usually be at the end of a match and will also have pain, fatigue*, discomfort and pressure affecting their decision making too.

No doubt in my uneducated mind, though, that fatigue is usually one of the main prompters.

* Or "fat-teeg" as Sean Kelly calls it on Eurosport Cycling. Love that man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nice Sam Field interview. on 11:16 - Sep 20 with 1840 viewsozranger

Nice Sam Field interview. on 10:27 - Sep 20 by nix

If I had a daughter, I'd be thrilled if she brought him home for dinner! He'd probably offer to clear the dishes.

One thing about him is he always seems to get into good positions up front but can't shoot for toffee. Shame. Love having him in the team.

Not can't, but won't. It is the one part of his game he really needs to get going and that is I'd say down to confidence. He gets in real nice positions to take a pot shot and we know he can do that. But he always chooses to lay the ball off. As I mentioned before, he had a glorious chance in the second half on Saturday at the edge of the D and a clear sight of goal but chose to pass it instead, with the ball on his favoured left foot, of taking a shot.

He also said it in this interview. He likes to give the ball to Illy and Willy and see what they can do. There are some times where it is important to make a decision that means he has to take the responsibility and not watch others do their thing. I do hope Mick can get this in to his head.
Nice Sam Field interview. on 12:37 - Sep 20 with 1749 viewsgazza1

Field comes across very well. He is playing a lot better since MB decided that he cannot play any other position than centre of the park in a defensive role.
Nice Sam Field interview. on 13:53 - Sep 20 with 1629 viewsDWQPR

Cut away collar and by the looks of things a proper full Windsor. Well done Mr Field.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Nice Sam Field interview. on 17:57 - Sep 20 with 1442 viewsbosh67

Everything about the club has improved under Beale so far.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nice Sam Field interview. on 20:40 - Sep 20 with 1294 viewsHunterhoop

Nice Sam Field interview. on 13:53 - Sep 20 by DWQPR

Cut away collar and by the looks of things a proper full Windsor. Well done Mr Field.

What is not to love about Sam Field.

Get him on a very long deal and we’ll never be in trouble if relegation from this league; indeed I fancy we’ll always be top half.

He’s the real captain in this squad, IMO.
Nice Sam Field interview. on 20:46 - Sep 20 with 1281 viewsswisscottage

Nice Sam Field interview. on 20:40 - Sep 20 by Hunterhoop

What is not to love about Sam Field.

Get him on a very long deal and we’ll never be in trouble if relegation from this league; indeed I fancy we’ll always be top half.

He’s the real captain in this squad, IMO.

And to think we got him for free as a WBA cast off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024