Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM 16:13 - Oct 24 with 17205 viewsJuzzie

He was elected without a vote from party members which makes me wonder why we had to have party members voting last time and not this time?

UK's first British Asian prime minister and at 42 is the youngest PM in over 200 years.

How long will this one last?

(ironically "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC is blaring out of my speakers as I typed this thread!)

Earlier, Boris Johnson pulled out of the leadership race, saying he had the support needed to stand but it would not be "the right thing to do".

This coming from a man who has no idea of what that even means. More like he didn't have the support and had to save face. Just fk off and wither away, please.

[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 16:18]
Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 22:25 - Oct 27 with 1925 viewsGloryHunter

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 20:03 - Oct 27 by ParkRoyalR

Well some were impressed when she said...

1) Macron - the jury's out on him being a 'friend or foe'
2) Sturgeon - best ignored as being 'an attention seeker'
3) Nuclear button - yes, she would press it, as now referenced by Putin!

I thought she was a complete idiot and liability as Foreign Secretary and was just playing to her idiot fan-base at home by talking tough,

No doubt will go down in history as the dumbest political leader ever, although much lauded by Nigel and his ERG half-wit brigade.

Don't forget:
"I was at HMP Pentonville last week. They've now got patrol dogs who are barking, which helps deter drones"

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 10:40 - Oct 28 with 1745 viewsJuzzie

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 22:25 - Oct 27 by GloryHunter

Don't forget:
"I was at HMP Pentonville last week. They've now got patrol dogs who are barking, which helps deter drones"

The only thing barking is her. Barking mad.
Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 11:29 - Oct 28 with 1658 viewsSonofpugwash

All of these measures rely on public compliance.If you say no loud enough they won't happen.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 12:26 - Oct 28 with 1617 viewsdmm

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 11:29 - Oct 28 by Sonofpugwash

All of these measures rely on public compliance.If you say no loud enough they won't happen.

Not any longer. If you speak too loudly you can actually be arrested under the Tory's new Policing Act.
Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 13:17 - Oct 28 with 1532 viewsRanger_Things

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 12:26 - Oct 28 by dmm

Not any longer. If you speak too loudly you can actually be arrested under the Tory's new Policing Act.

Yep and anyone who has protested in the last 5 years can be fitted with an ankle tag to track your movements.

Meanwhile a Tory MP can be charged with rape and not even be suspended from parliament.

Welcome to the Brexit Police State.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2022 14:17]
Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 13:22 - Oct 28 with 1522 viewsPunteR

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 20:50 - Oct 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

"Cashless society is how its going anyway"

I thought you said you had a limited knowledge of things like this :)

I assume you'll be giving up your record collection as well as your cash?

My record collection is my biggest investment :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 13:40 - Oct 28 with 1465 viewsSonofpugwash

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 13:22 - Oct 28 by PunteR

My record collection is my biggest investment :)

The Vinyl Solution?

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 14:15 - Oct 28 with 1437 viewsRanger_Things

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 13:40 - Oct 28 by Sonofpugwash

The Vinyl Solution?

Decent record shop and label back in the day.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2022 14:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 08:08 - Oct 29 with 1282 viewstraininvain

How is this acceptable? https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/28/rishi-sunak-britain-first-hindu

People shouldn’t be slagged off for their religion/the colour of their skin before they’ve even done anything in the job.
Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 09:09 - Oct 29 with 1216 viewsRanger_Things

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 08:08 - Oct 29 by traininvain

How is this acceptable? https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/28/rishi-sunak-britain-first-hindu

People shouldn’t be slagged off for their religion/the colour of their skin before they’ve even done anything in the job.

It’s an opinion piece by a very well respected Indian writer and while you may disagree with his point of view I don’t think it conveys at all what you allege. I found it insightful, thanks for posting the link.
Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 10:55 - Oct 29 with 1185 viewstraininvain

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 09:09 - Oct 29 by Ranger_Things

It’s an opinion piece by a very well respected Indian writer and while you may disagree with his point of view I don’t think it conveys at all what you allege. I found it insightful, thanks for posting the link.

I just don’t understand the obsession with his race. The Guardian seems to have been falling over backwards all week to press home the message that ‘yes he’s bame but not the right type of bame’.

Personally I think it’s shameful but each to their own.
Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 13:17 - Oct 29 with 1112 viewsderbyhoop

Anybody who went to a public school, Oxford University and marries a billionaire's daughter can get to the top. Irrespective of colour or religion.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 13:23 - Oct 29 with 1098 viewsdistortR

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 13:17 - Oct 29 by derbyhoop

Anybody who went to a public school, Oxford University and marries a billionaire's daughter can get to the top. Irrespective of colour or religion.

so, the real determinant in Britain is class and wealth rather than colour? Get away!
Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 13:32 - Oct 29 with 1081 viewskensalriser

Don't really see the problem here. The writer isn't slagging off Sunak's race or religion at all, he's written an opinion profile that paints him in an unfavourable light. Not unfair and not untrue.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 14:00 - Oct 29 with 1051 viewsSonofpugwash

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9821855/Rishi-Sunak-plans-replace-cash-

And the shackles grow ever tighter.

"No steak for you sunshine,enjoy your insect burgers and cockroach milk"

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 14:31 - Oct 29 with 1033 viewsSonofpugwash

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FgN5r3wWQAAiTst?format=png&name=small

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 14:44 - Oct 29 with 1018 viewstraininvain

Rishi Sunak is to be the next PM on 13:32 - Oct 29 by kensalriser

Don't really see the problem here. The writer isn't slagging off Sunak's race or religion at all, he's written an opinion profile that paints him in an unfavourable light. Not unfair and not untrue.

A critical opinion profile that focuses heavily on his race and religion. The article positions him as not really Hindu, an “overpromoted desi” and a “collaborator with white ruling classes or political passivity”. It infers that he’s sold out his ethnicity for white complicity. It states that, as “twice migrants” his family were “better placed” to benefit from globalisation

Regardless of the writer’s surname. Leave his background out of it. There is no way in hell this would be written about a Labour politician, it’s designed to position him as not really of his own ethnicity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024