Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drawing the line 12:03 - Jan 1 with 8340 viewsKeithHaynes

We have had numerous complaints of ‘bickering’ and arguing on the site. It’s affecting peoples enjoyment of the forum once again. To that end if there are posters you disagree with or do not enjoy interacting with then block them. If you don’t and this continues bans will be issued without redress.

Happy new year.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Drawing the line on 22:33 - Jan 3 with 893 viewsDr_Parnassus

Drawing the line on 22:28 - Jan 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Humans have been making lists for centuries and it is not an indicator of a mental disorder. More a case of making referencing easier as in an Asian restaurant for example. You know this of course.

It wasn’t a normal list.

You said you added an extra one to nicely round it up, which was clear without you needing to admit it.

A numerical list is endless and has no set target. An A-Z one has a desired target “number” of points to make, before you even know you can make that many. It’s desire is to be numerically satisfying.

Hence why your post was very OCD in its construction. That’s not to say you have OCD as it would depend if that is something that appears as a pattern in your every day life.

But that post was without question OCD in its construction, as I said.

But you know this…
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 22:35]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Drawing the line on 22:44 - Jan 3 with 864 viewsDr_Parnassus

Here you go;

It’s extremely common. A lot of people will only have even numbers on a television volume for example. Footballers have many traits like this where things must be done in a certain order (shorts on last).

If you feel that you have to manipulate and change things in order to make whole numbers or numerically satisfying things, then that is the definition of this kind of OCD. Again that is not to say you have OCD, but that action in isolation can most certainly have OCD traits.

A post that starts with a pre conceived target of points they want to try and make (26 due to the A-Z construction) - then feels the need to add some filler ones just to achieve that satisfying numerical outcome - that is the definition of the above.

Maybe take it up with the people that defined it that way. Seems clear cut to me, no?

Drawing the line on 17:51 - Jan 4 with 760 viewsReslovenSwan1

Drawing the line on 22:44 - Jan 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Here you go;

It’s extremely common. A lot of people will only have even numbers on a television volume for example. Footballers have many traits like this where things must be done in a certain order (shorts on last).

If you feel that you have to manipulate and change things in order to make whole numbers or numerically satisfying things, then that is the definition of this kind of OCD. Again that is not to say you have OCD, but that action in isolation can most certainly have OCD traits.

A post that starts with a pre conceived target of points they want to try and make (26 due to the A-Z construction) - then feels the need to add some filler ones just to achieve that satisfying numerical outcome - that is the definition of the above.

Maybe take it up with the people that defined it that way. Seems clear cut to me, no?

I only take medical advice off professionals kindly and certainly not off low brow football obsessives.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Drawing the line on 19:12 - Jan 4 with 716 viewsSTID2017

Drawing the line on 17:50 - Jan 3 by guthrieintherain

Looks like I replied to the wrong post or it was removed LOL.

Thanks for your efforts moderating this site all I want to do is have a bit of banter and read about the football.

I think that is the way forward for all of us from now on

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Drawing the line on 19:27 - Jan 4 with 694 viewstrampie

I find lots of people can't take banter, typically the ones that give it out the most and initiate it can't take it.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Drawing the line on 19:45 - Jan 4 with 673 viewsSTID2017

Drawing the line on 19:27 - Jan 4 by trampie

I find lots of people can't take banter, typically the ones that give it out the most and initiate it can't take it.

Hopefully today is a watershed for the forum

Drawing the line on 19:58 - Jan 4 with 661 viewsonehunglow

Much of what was called banter is not a criminal offence .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Drawing the line on 20:12 - Jan 4 with 646 viewsDr_Parnassus

Drawing the line on 17:51 - Jan 4 by ReslovenSwan1

I only take medical advice off professionals kindly and certainly not off low brow football obsessives.

Who is telling you to take medical advice?

Again, your POST was OCD in its construction.

Login to get fewer ads

Drawing the line on 21:25 - Jan 4 with 594 viewsSTID2017

Drawing the line on 19:58 - Jan 4 by onehunglow

Much of what was called banter is not a criminal offence .

Agree.
Many on here need to lighten up and maybe enjoy discussion and banter instead of arguing all the time.
My NY resolution

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024