Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer 08:36 - Jan 3 with 2149 viewsKeithHaynes

Who was it ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 10:33 - Jan 3 with 2064 viewsonehunglow

Wasn’t me Guv.
I’ve seen my legal team and they tell me to no comment

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 14:12 - Jan 3 with 1950 viewsLorax

Lower league manager mun
Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 14:15 - Jan 3 with 1939 viewsKeithHaynes

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 14:12 - Jan 3 by Lorax

Lower league manager mun

Multiple usernames 😂

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 14:56 - Jan 3 with 1886 viewsLorax

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 14:15 - Jan 3 by KeithHaynes

Multiple usernames 😂

Yeah and don't ask me how! I only cast one Poty vote though
Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 18:10 - Jan 3 with 1806 viewsCatullus

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 14:15 - Jan 3 by KeithHaynes

Multiple usernames 😂

See how does this happen? Same password, I swear I pu cat in the username but it jumped to Lorax and nwo it's jumped back!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 20:44 - Jan 3 with 1735 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sounds like a Resolven thing?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 21:16 - Jan 3 with 1703 viewsDr_Parnassus

Just had a quick check and it wouldn’t be all that inaccurate to be fair, seems a pretty even split in his career between seasons in the top 2 and bottom 2 divisions, edging more toward the lower leagues.

8 in the bottom 2 leagues of England and 7 from the top 2 leagues from a quick count, but may have missed one somewhere. But he looks to have played maybe more games in the top 2 divisions, by about 80 at a guess.

15 seasons as a pro

5 seasons in League 2
3 seasons in League 1
3 seasons in the Championship
4 seasons in the Premier League
(1 season in Scotland)

Some seasons he’s technically been in the Championship like 09/10 season (10 games) but quickly dropped to the league below and played more in league 1 that season (29). So on that one I have counted the season as a league 1 season due to the bulk of the games being played there.

So in short, don’t know what he would be described as. A journeyman defender maybe?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 12:02]

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 11:02 - Jan 4 with 1545 viewsGixerJack

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 18:10 - Jan 3 by Catullus

See how does this happen? Same password, I swear I pu cat in the username but it jumped to Lorax and nwo it's jumped back!

Are you blaming your machine??

I often do the same but deep down I know it’s all about the little buttons on my phone and fat fingers on my hands 😉
Login to get fewer ads

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 11:06 - Jan 4 with 1539 viewsDr_Parnassus

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 14:56 - Jan 3 by Lorax

Yeah and don't ask me how! I only cast one Poty vote though

So you just happen to sign into your other username around the time of the POTY…

Sound familiar?

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 11:08 - Jan 4 with 1538 viewsNotLoyal

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 21:16 - Jan 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Just had a quick check and it wouldn’t be all that inaccurate to be fair, seems a pretty even split in his career between seasons in the top 2 and bottom 2 divisions, edging more toward the lower leagues.

8 in the bottom 2 leagues of England and 7 from the top 2 leagues from a quick count, but may have missed one somewhere. But he looks to have played maybe more games in the top 2 divisions, by about 80 at a guess.

15 seasons as a pro

5 seasons in League 2
3 seasons in League 1
(1 season in Scotland)

Some seasons he’s technically been in the Championship like 09/10 season (10 games) but quickly dropped to the league below and played more in league 1 that season (29). So on that one I have counted the season as a league 1 season due to the bulk of the games being played there.

So in short, don’t know what he would be described as. A journeyman defender maybe?

So a gradual rise from the start of his career to the premier league then ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 11:16 - Jan 4 with 1521 viewsDr_Parnassus

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 11:08 - Jan 4 by NotLoyal

So a gradual rise from the start of his career to the premier league then ?

Well it was only a small fraction of his career as a Premier League player so doesn’t feel like an accurate way to describe his career as a whole, no.

So in short, your sentence is accurate in terms of how he got to play in the Premier League, but it’s not a sentence representative of his overall career.

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 11:17 - Jan 4 with 1525 viewsGixerJack

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 21:16 - Jan 3 by Dr_Parnassus

15 seasons as a pro

5 seasons in League 2
3 seasons in League 1
(1 season in Scotland)

When was he diagnosed with colitis (I think)?, this would have affected his development and progress as a player I would have thought. I can’t imagine many teams in the top two divisions taking a punt on a player with a debilitating disease until they know it’s being controlled.

I may be wrong though
Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 11:22 - Jan 4 with 1517 viewsDr_Parnassus

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 11:17 - Jan 4 by GixerJack

When was he diagnosed with colitis (I think)?, this would have affected his development and progress as a player I would have thought. I can’t imagine many teams in the top two divisions taking a punt on a player with a debilitating disease until they know it’s being controlled.

I may be wrong though

No idea, just commenting on what divisions he played in rather than making any conclusions as to why.

Makes no difference to me.

Gary Neville won Champions Leagues and Premier Leagues and he appears to be an awful manager.

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 12:20 - Jan 4 with 1463 viewsheatwave

What is the significance if he was a lower league player?
There's a guy managing in the Prem who only played Welsh league football!
Brendon only played non league as far as I'm aware.
Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 12:25 - Jan 4 with 1454 viewsKeithHaynes

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 12:20 - Jan 4 by heatwave

What is the significance if he was a lower league player?
There's a guy managing in the Prem who only played Welsh league football!
Brendon only played non league as far as I'm aware.

Used as another stick to beat the manager with.
I’ll find the poster 😂

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 12:29 - Jan 4 with 1438 viewsDr_Parnassus

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 12:25 - Jan 4 by KeithHaynes

Used as another stick to beat the manager with.
I’ll find the poster 😂

Mourinho was a lower league player, plenty of good managers have had poor footballing careers and plenty of awful ones have had outstanding careers as footballers.

I would say the ability to manage and ability to play is extremely far apart. It’s closer linked to coaching than managing.

Somebody on here said Martin was a lower league footballer on 16:45 - Jan 4 with 1365 viewsSTID2017

It was I - Spartacus

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024