Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Got to Laugh……. 21:20 - Jan 12 with 11517 viewsDWQPR

North Battersea have spent £9million plus £250k per week for some bloke from Atletico Madrid on loan for just five months who then gets himself a straight red. Three game ban for him! 😂😂😂

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Got to Laugh……. on 11:17 - Jan 14 with 2507 viewsstowmarketrange

Got to Laugh……. on 01:03 - Jan 14 by MrSheen

Only spoiled (and then not much) by the knob of an Arsenal fan.

What a bunch of c@nts.
Got to Laugh……. on 13:20 - Jan 14 with 2389 viewsMrSheen

Got to Laugh……. on 06:45 - Jan 14 by HAYESBOY

Reverend.

My favourite.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 6:46]

He’s got a point though. Who needs Linkin Park?
Got to Laugh……. on 14:36 - Jan 14 with 2293 viewsJuzzie

They’re just a small club in Fulham.
Got to Laugh……. on 14:53 - Jan 14 with 2258 viewswelwynranger

Got to Laugh……. on 21:46 - Jan 12 by Northernr

A three game ban which will cost them £1.2m while he's sitting on his ars.

Torres . Mark 2
Got to Laugh……. on 22:37 - Jan 14 with 2088 viewsGroveR

Got to Laugh……. on 23:07 - Jan 14 with 2030 viewseghamranger

Seems like every time they lose a game they buy a player.

88 million on mudryk.

What a joke of a club. Love it if they don’t get into Europe
Got to Laugh……. on 10:08 - Jan 15 with 1825 viewsDWQPR

Got to Laugh……. on 23:07 - Jan 14 by eghamranger

Seems like every time they lose a game they buy a player.

88 million on mudryk.

What a joke of a club. Love it if they don’t get into Europe

Not wishing any real harm on the new bloke but I’d give anything to see him get a gentle ACL to rule him out for 8 months. £88million up front, must mean that they are sailing very close to the wind with FFP given the amount they have overspent since the summer.

Got to Laugh……. on 11:29 - Jan 15 with 1760 viewstraininvain

I’d love someone to get the finger puppets out and explain to me why Chelsea can spend £450m over the last two transfer windows and avoid FFP sanctions but we’re not allowed to spend a few million on a striker without incurring a crippling fine.

The whole system is completely bent and geared towards those at the top of the football pyramid.
Login to get fewer ads

Got to Laugh……. on 13:01 - Jan 15 with 1703 viewsCamberleyR

Got to Laugh……. on 11:29 - Jan 15 by traininvain

I’d love someone to get the finger puppets out and explain to me why Chelsea can spend £450m over the last two transfer windows and avoid FFP sanctions but we’re not allowed to spend a few million on a striker without incurring a crippling fine.

The whole system is completely bent and geared towards those at the top of the football pyramid.

Especially with a stadium that is only the eighth biggest in the PL.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Got to Laugh……. on 15:13 - Jan 15 with 1651 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

8 (eight) and a half year deal for some bloke called Mudryk. 8 and half year !
That's £400m spent since May. WTF!
Got to Laugh……. on 15:27 - Jan 15 with 1608 viewsLogman

Got to Laugh……. on 15:13 - Jan 15 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Totally corrupt. The club and the FA. They might have got rid of the Russian but the money that is being spent, how they are allowed to flout the rules and the implications for the game, and wider society are all equally bad. Was hoping they would explode but unfortunately there are too many gullible suckers prepared to lap it up.
Got to Laugh……. on 15:40 - Jan 15 with 1574 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Got to Laugh……. on 15:13 - Jan 15 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Trying to get my head around what type of contract has been offered to satisfy all the parties many interests. I can only assume it includes lots and lots of zeros.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Got to Laugh……. on 15:45 - Jan 15 with 1562 viewsJuzzie

Transfer fees are rarely paid in full. It’s usually spread over three or four years. I reckon they are maxing it out on a per annum basis but it means they’ll get to a point where they have to sell a lot more before they can buy.

This season they’ve sold about £50m worth of players but bought in £300m+. That’s not sustainable, hopefully.
Got to Laugh……. on 15:48 - Jan 15 with 1548 viewsQPR_John

They can’t avoid FFP. But FFP does not apply to certain clubs
Got to Laugh……. on 15:50 - Jan 15 with 1540 viewsDWQPR

Got to Laugh……. on 15:45 - Jan 15 by Juzzie

Transfer fees are rarely paid in full. It’s usually spread over three or four years. I reckon they are maxing it out on a per annum basis but it means they’ll get to a point where they have to sell a lot more before they can buy.

This season they’ve sold about £50m worth of players but bought in £300m+. That’s not sustainable, hopefully.

Evidently they’ve got in front of Arsenal on this deal as Arsenal wanted to spread the payments, whilst North Battersea SS trumped them with an all up front offer. Eight and a half years though is ludicrous. They also did a contract for seven and a half years for one of there New Year’s Day signings. And paid well over the odds. Old Tom Bola really hasn’t got a grip of this yet. He has shelled out stupid money for players the best being the left back from Brighton. £63million when Brighton were holding out for £50million from Citeh!

Got to Laugh……. on 15:55 - Jan 15 with 1499 viewsMedwayR

They're giving out lengthy contracts so they can spread the value of the fee over the length of the contract (amortisation I think it's called), basically it's kicking the can down the road as far as FFP is concerned, in theory it'll catch up with them eventually.

Poll: Who’s better?

Got to Laugh……. on 16:12 - Jan 15 with 1464 viewsJuzzie

Ukrainian signs for a club who have been bankrolled by dirty Russian money for 20 years.

I’m sure if the subject ever comes up, “i’m not involved in politics” will be the default answer even though it’s a bit more than just mere politics.
Got to Laugh……. on 16:24 - Jan 15 with 1435 viewsterryb

Got to Laugh……. on 15:55 - Jan 15 by MedwayR

They're giving out lengthy contracts so they can spread the value of the fee over the length of the contract (amortisation I think it's called), basically it's kicking the can down the road as far as FFP is concerned, in theory it'll catch up with them eventually.

I'm fairly sure that amortisation only affects depreciation over the length of the contract & has no baring on the purchase. The player has cost £x when he signs irrespective of how long it takes for you to pay for him.
Got to Laugh……. on 17:29 - Jan 15 with 1341 viewsDWQPR

That would then work against them as far as FFP is concerned. The shorter the contract the higher the amortisation thus helping them in the shorter term.

Got to Laugh……. on 17:46 - Jan 15 with 1322 viewsMedwayR

Got to Laugh……. on 16:24 - Jan 15 by terryb

I'm fairly sure that amortisation only affects depreciation over the length of the contract & has no baring on the purchase. The player has cost £x when he signs irrespective of how long it takes for you to pay for him.

When Atletico Madrid loaned Felix to the scum they got him to extend his contract for a year to reduce the amortisation cost and help them out with FFP as they dropped out of Europe so early. They had to pay Felix's release clause in full when they signed him so there is clearly clever accounting going on in general in football.

In the case of Mudryk, it'll leave an approx £10m/year cost on chelsea's books for the next 8.5 years, plus his wages.

Poll: Who’s better?

Got to Laugh……. on 18:11 - Jan 15 with 1240 viewsflynnbo

https:/ https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64281139/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64281
Got to Laugh……. on 09:55 - Jan 16 with 1051 viewsterryb

Got to Laugh……. on 17:46 - Jan 15 by MedwayR

When Atletico Madrid loaned Felix to the scum they got him to extend his contract for a year to reduce the amortisation cost and help them out with FFP as they dropped out of Europe so early. They had to pay Felix's release clause in full when they signed him so there is clearly clever accounting going on in general in football.

In the case of Mudryk, it'll leave an approx £10m/year cost on chelsea's books for the next 8.5 years, plus his wages.

I think I must have misunderstood your original post as we are in agreement!

I thought you were stating that paying in instalments would help FFP. I was wrong! An annual cost of approx £10 million a year if he fulfils his contract.

The chances are that he will leave part way through. At a lower fee, unless he actually is a world class player!
Got to Laugh……. on 11:53 - Jan 16 with 947 viewsdaveB

The whole point of FFP was to stop another Man City happening so the big 4/5 could continue to pocket all the champions league money. Not a chance now that a club with a 30/35k stadium get an billionaire in and break into the elite. Newcastle the exception as they already had the stadium and income and were quite unique in that they had spent bugger all for years so had a lot of headroom to spent what they want

It means clubs like us who have owners with money to spend are put back in our box and can't do anything about it. Comical thing is clubs like our pushed for this like Turkeys voting for christmas
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024