Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wild Thing 23:11 - Feb 14 with 2105 viewsChrisNW6

I bought into the perception of Ainsworth not fitting the current clubs football ethos and identity. Loved the idea of money ball statistical signings and managers with PowerPoint presentations with Premiership coaching pedigrees.

Jesus wept how we need a bit of 'Wild thing' now. Wycombe won tonight and are looking good for the play offs. He would be my only choice right now.
Wild Thing on 23:22 - Feb 14 with 2015 viewsmart_Goblin

Yes, said practically the same thing just now. Always turned my nose up at his style etc .

But maybe he might show a few what it means to wear that shirt.

This evening was a shambles and can’t continue. Backed NC mostly, but that’s enough surely ?
Wild Thing on 23:24 - Feb 14 with 2003 viewsDamo1962

I wanted him when Fat boy left. I just don't care about what the football looks like...I want my club to be competitive. Doubt he would leave Wycombe now anyway. He more than anyone knows about how it is run.
Wild Thing on 23:24 - Feb 14 with 1997 viewsaston_hoop

In Ainsworth's first 6 seasons at Wycombe, they finished

Season 1 - 15th in League 2
Season 2 - 22nd in League 2 (stayed in football league on goal difference)
Season 3 - 4th (lost in playoff final)
Season 4 - 13th in League 2
Season 5 - 9th in League 2
Season 6 - 3rd (promoted)

Would all of you, hand on heart, be willing to give him the time if he starts slowly? He'll have the same players as Critchley to work with. That Wycombe team is his, every player is his. Its been more than 10 years in the making. They're all there for him. None of our squad will care, most of them won't have even heard of him.

Every time someone mentions that Critchley only has one season at this level, you could say the same about Ainsworth. One kept a promoted club in the division and one relegated one (robbed though, bloody Derby).

I love Ainsworth, but is he the answer? He's not a firefighter, he's never worked under a structure like ours, is he even the type of person most think he is??

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Wild Thing on 23:32 - Feb 14 with 1941 viewsmart_Goblin

Wild Thing on 23:24 - Feb 14 by aston_hoop

Would all of you, hand on heart, be willing to give him the time if he starts slowly? He'll have the same players as Critchley to work with. That Wycombe team is his, every player is his. Its been more than 10 years in the making. They're all there for him. None of our squad will care, most of them won't have even heard of him.

Every time someone mentions that Critchley only has one season at this level, you could say the same about Ainsworth. One kept a promoted club in the division and one relegated one (robbed though, bloody Derby).

I love Ainsworth, but is he the answer? He's not a firefighter, he's never worked under a structure like ours, is he even the type of person most think he is??

Very valid points .

But something and someone has to change and someone has to get hold of this lot of sulkers and fakers
Wild Thing on 23:35 - Feb 14 with 1911 viewsDamo1962

Wild Thing on 23:24 - Feb 14 by aston_hoop

He may not save us,...but the players would know who the boss is.They clearly dislike Critchley, which says more about them than Neil. The results may not be a lot better under Ainsworth... but I reckon the performances would be. Personally think he would be mad to leave Wycombe though. Doesn't strike me as the mercenary type does Gareth.
Wild Thing on 23:37 - Feb 14 with 1893 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth or Wilder for me. They need to make the change and can't keep turning our nose up at Ainsworth

yes struggled first few season but done a brilliant job at Wycombe and gives a shit about us
Wild Thing on 23:41 - Feb 14 with 1848 viewsRangersw12

It's come to the point where I just want a manger I like so has to be Ainsworth
Wild Thing on 23:44 - Feb 14 with 1822 viewsaston_hoop

I'm certainly worried that when people realise Ainsworth the manager isn't the shouter and leader they think he is, not the angry passionate type but rather than arm round a player softly softly type, he'll lose our support. Can't bare to see another of my favourites go that way given that Sir Les already is. But hey, if it brings the atmosphere and support back for a bit then I think it'll happen

Login to get fewer ads

Wild Thing on 23:49 - Feb 14 with 1789 viewsPunteR

Big step up for him. I think we might have to drop down a league for him to manage us. Which I can see happening at this precise moment in time.
If we can't afford championship players because of our financial restrictions then that's what we'll do.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wild Thing on 23:51 - Feb 14 with 1780 viewsDamo1962

Wild Thing on 23:44 - Feb 14 by aston_hoop

I'm certainly worried that when people realise Ainsworth the manager isn't the shouter and leader they think he is, not the angry passionate type but rather than arm round a player softly softly type, he'll lose our support. Can't bare to see another of my favourites go that way given that Sir Les already is. But hey, if it brings the atmosphere and support back for a bit then I think it'll happen

Gareth would just fit better. Critchley seemed an odd choice to me at the time. He could just be another of those, who are better suited to the training ground than the dug-out. He has taken on something he can't seem to do anything about. Whatever happens I wish him well for the future - can't say the same for the players.
Wild Thing on 23:58 - Feb 14 with 1735 viewsaston_hoop

Wild Thing on 23:51 - Feb 14 by Damo1962

Gareth would just fit better. Critchley seemed an odd choice to me at the time. He could just be another of those, who are better suited to the training ground than the dug-out. He has taken on something he can't seem to do anything about. Whatever happens I wish him well for the future - can't say the same for the players.

But why would he fit better? He'll have the same players that Critchley does. He'll give better post match interviews perhaps, tactically its up for debate as Ainsworth's only season at this level was a relegation. I really don't understand why Ainsworth would be able to do anything about this that Critchley can't

Wild Thing on 00:02 - Feb 15 with 1714 viewsted_hendrix

Going back Years I remember when Ray Wilkins was given the Managers job, I was chuffed to bits at the announcement but of course It never worked out for the poor bloke.

Loved Wild thing to death as a player 100% commited to the cause, he played on once with a broken leg FFS.

This bloody club will only ruin him the way It's going, and who's to say he hasn't looked at us and thought what the hell Is going on there?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wild Thing on 00:31 - Feb 15 with 1636 viewsThe_Beast1976

Wild Thing on 00:02 - Feb 15 by ted_hendrix

Going back Years I remember when Ray Wilkins was given the Managers job, I was chuffed to bits at the announcement but of course It never worked out for the poor bloke.

Loved Wild thing to death as a player 100% commited to the cause, he played on once with a broken leg FFS.

This bloody club will only ruin him the way It's going, and who's to say he hasn't looked at us and thought what the hell Is going on there?

Ainsworth would be mad to come here in the oresent circumstances, so i'd say it's fairly safe to say he won't.

Maybe that will change if and when the club gets its house/structure in order, but that's a big if at the moment
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 0:33]
Wild Thing on 00:55 - Feb 15 with 1598 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Wild Thing on 00:31 - Feb 15 by The_Beast1976

Ainsworth would be mad to come here in the oresent circumstances, so i'd say it's fairly safe to say he won't.

Maybe that will change if and when the club gets its house/structure in order, but that's a big if at the moment
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 0:33]

This is what I am thinking also he is on a great run where he is and why leave.
I know he bleeds blue and white but our present situation is toxic.
Are we not broke anyway so we can't afford to fire NC or can we.
The players are the problem IMO. Why did Chair take that penalty anyway ? why did Martin not step up.Can anybody who was at LF let us know if Chair grabbed the ball right away.
On tv we were being distracted by that wa*ker from Sunderland killing time pretending to be hurt
Wild Thing on 08:04 - Feb 15 with 1384 viewsNorthantsHoop

Wild Thing on 00:55 - Feb 15 by CLAREMAN1995

This is what I am thinking also he is on a great run where he is and why leave.
I know he bleeds blue and white but our present situation is toxic.
Are we not broke anyway so we can't afford to fire NC or can we.
The players are the problem IMO. Why did Chair take that penalty anyway ? why did Martin not step up.Can anybody who was at LF let us know if Chair grabbed the ball right away.
On tv we were being distracted by that wa*ker from Sunderland killing time pretending to be hurt

Yes he did take the ball, we all had a fear he was going to miss and the ball would be sailing over the loft end, never taken a penalty in open play in a competitive match apparently.
Wild Thing on 08:06 - Feb 15 with 1356 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This club is a black hole for talent.

We will do to Gareth Ainsworth what we did to Jack Clarke in reverse.

Leave him be.
Wild Thing on 08:09 - Feb 15 with 1346 viewsenfieldargh

Shaun Derry till the end of the season.

His mangement record is not good but at least he might put a spark back in the place

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Wild Thing on 08:13 - Feb 15 with 1322 viewskropotkin41

He's already managing a League One outfit, and one that doesn't have whatever the f*ck is wrong with us.... curse, demon in the cellar, whatever....why would he come to QPR?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Wild Thing on 08:17 - Feb 15 with 1301 viewsRs_Holy

Wild Thing on 23:37 - Feb 14 by daveB

Ainsworth or Wilder for me. They need to make the change and can't keep turning our nose up at Ainsworth

yes struggled first few season but done a brilliant job at Wycombe and gives a shit about us

Wilder would not come anywhere near our sh*t show ... his stock is still a lot higher the current QPR soap opera.
Wild Thing on 08:23 - Feb 15 with 1264 viewsBushRanger82

I would be loathe to bring in a hero like Ainsworth right now.
Not with this squad, and certainly not with this current board at Loftus Rd.
Wild Thing on 09:25 - Feb 15 with 1149 viewsterryb

Ainsworth would probably laugh at us if we made an approach for his services.

He has a job for as long as he likes, why would you give that up for a job that might not survive one year & not pay too much more?

It's not even that we are his club. His heart belongs to Blackburn & probably Wycombe as his number two.
Wild Thing on 09:29 - Feb 15 with 1121 viewspaulhoop2

Interestingly people mention Derry he was at the game last night first time I’ve seen him down LR. Coincidence ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Wild Thing on 09:31 - Feb 15 with 1111 viewsRs_Holy

Wild Thing on 09:29 - Feb 15 by paulhoop2

Interestingly people mention Derry he was at the game last night first time I’ve seen him down LR. Coincidence ?

shame he didn't have his boots with him!
Wild Thing on 09:35 - Feb 15 with 1087 viewsPhildo

Wild Thing on 09:31 - Feb 15 by Rs_Holy

shame he didn't have his boots with him!

If Viera sacked him for shouting at the Palace players the poor bloke would probably have a coronary at our place
Wild Thing on 09:36 - Feb 15 with 1085 viewsChrisNW6

Wild Thing on 09:25 - Feb 15 by terryb

Ainsworth would probably laugh at us if we made an approach for his services.

He has a job for as long as he likes, why would you give that up for a job that might not survive one year & not pay too much more?

It's not even that we are his club. His heart belongs to Blackburn & probably Wycombe as his number two.

I agree, if an approach was made, he would probably turn us down. But I do think he has a real affinity with QPR and he has made that clear previously. I think he is destined to manage the club again at somepoint.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024