Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today is on Ainsworth… 21:39 - Apr 15 with 7533 viewsHammersmithR

1. Who plays 4-4-2 in 2023? Formation was completely wrong today. Coventry played a 3-4-1-2. We could easily have matched them today with Chair in the hole. But Ainsworth persists with a formation from 1986. You can see why no one has brought Ainsworth in after a decade at Wycombe. Football has moved on. He’s playing a non footballing centre half at right back. He offers nothing going forward.

2. Where on earth is Amos? He plays 70 mins on Monday and yet again he vanishes from the squad. Absolute joke.

3. We offer nothing going forward. We are so easy to play against. Dozzell ponces about like he’s a World Cup winner. He is so bad. He’s the kind of player you wonder how he’s made it as a pro. He doesn’t pass, he doesn’t tackle, he doesn’t shoot, he doesn’t score. I don’t know what he does.

4. We had the chance to bring in Warnock for the rest of the season who would have kept us up. But we have gone for a yes man for Les. We are an embarrassment.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 21:43 - Apr 15 with 4600 viewsQuite_Possibly_Ropey

I can help on point 2!

Spoke to Amos briefly today and he said he had a 'knock' and was out as a precaution. So should be back imminently. Armstrong and Clarke-Salter are also near enough ready to be back in too.

Hopefully they will improve things when back in contention. Surely can't get any worse anyway.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 21:45 - Apr 15 with 4576 viewsHunterhoop

We played the exact team and formation at WBA. Not saying it is right. Just saying. This is the result of the 11 hour heart to heart with the squad on Sat. It can’t be the players taking matters into their own hands to get a result on Sat and the Ainsworth’s fault today.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 21:49 - Apr 15 with 4509 viewssixnil

And taking Chair off and bringing on Willock (after TR) us good is it?
Today is on Ainsworth… on 21:55 - Apr 15 with 4416 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Seemed like 442 in possession and 532 when out of it when Uncle slips into RWB.

Individual errors and performance are why we are where we are. You can’t pin that on GA (or Critchley) in my opinion.

I would also say that before the second went in we were very much at the races and Cov played well today.

That said, we were never scoring from open play if we played to Tuesday.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 21:57 - Apr 15 with 4404 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Today is on Ainsworth… on 21:49 - Apr 15 by sixnil

This was a mystery to me, and Chair by the looks of his reaction.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 22:04 - Apr 15 with 4332 viewsOakR

1. In fairness we started off with 5 at the back well sort of, though Jimmy Dunne seemed to end up as right back / wing back which is not ideal.

For me the more worrying thing is who starts with two big lumps up front in 2023. That's just not going to work in the Championship, unless they are also mobile, which Dykes and Martin are not, try as they might.

I can only assume that we were planning to get it wide and cross it in. It really didn't work.

Agree re Chair, and we are screaming out for some pace. It was so easy for them. We have no counter whatsoever which means they could push more and more forwards if they wanted with no panic at the back as we are glacial getting forwards.

The way we set-up was shocking, night and day with them. No options have the tiime, no plan, teamwork.

2. No idea but we could have done with him today.

3. I think Dozzell could make it, but am possibly the only one on this board. He needs to play with players that move around him so he can make clever through balls etc. He is no good the way we play at the moment and not sure why he was in. clearly low on confidence, but also just not the right set-up for him. Shocked he lasted so long.

4. Not sure Ainsworth is a yes man, but definitely an appease the fans appointment that went away from what we had been building / our strategy. Warnock comment is valid and in hindsight would have been good to the end of the season when we could have reviewed and taken our time deciding what to do.

5. Subs today. Can't believe how long it was until we made a change, and a weird first one at that. Assume they are managing Chair's fitness which is why he came off, very bizarre otherwise. All too late though.

6. Defending.

Lord alive a pub team would be ashamed of some of this. I'm watching my son's U12 team tomorrow and I doubt it will be any worse. Balls bouncing in the box, following the ball not the player, no tracking, offside - how has it come to this?

Poll: Will we stay up?

Today is on Ainsworth… on 22:07 - Apr 15 with 4304 viewsVancouverHoop

I'd like to see Richards get a start. He's looked handy whenever he's come on and looks like a proper central front running midfielder, which we don't really have – both Chair and Willock seem to prefer playing though the channels on the left.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 22:14 - Apr 15 with 4219 viewsLblock

Today is on Ainsworth… on 22:07 - Apr 15 by VancouverHoop

I'd like to see Richards get a start. He's looked handy whenever he's come on and looks like a proper central front running midfielder, which we don't really have – both Chair and Willock seem to prefer playing though the channels on the left.

I’d also like to see him start

He started so many attacks today in his 25 mins on the pitch and got the ball into dangerous positions from deep

I’m sure if he starts then just one of those attacks that begin with him will actually be for QPR and not the fcukin opposition

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Today is on Ainsworth… on 22:19 - Apr 15 with 4176 viewsCateLeBonR

Cov were far too good for us. It's not Ainsworths fault. Were there things we could have done better? Yes. 3 goals better? no.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 22:20 - Apr 15 with 4158 viewsPhilmyRs

So predictably rubbish. For someone that doesn’t ever like to share injury news for fear of giving away team selection, you could put your mortgage on Gareth picking that eleven today. No adjusting tactics or selection to handle the opposition in front of you. He’s had 9 games which have yielded 4 points. Equally as bad though are the performances. He’s doing worse, much worse, than I thought would happen.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 22:55 - Apr 15 with 3958 viewsted_hendrix

His record for us since he's been here is stone cold abysmal, please get ready to lose at home wednesday 0-3 to the fleet of foot Canaries.
This time next week we can discuss the disappointing 6-0 loss at Burnley, this can and will be followed by a 4-0 loss at Stoke City thus confirming our relegation to the depths of despair and long term misery.
Before we lose the last home game to Bristol Titty Ainsworth's hamstring will go and thankfully so will he never to be heard of again.

A disaster of an appointment.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Today is on Ainsworth… on 23:20 - Apr 15 with 3852 viewsnumptydumpty

Never had a chance to get Warnock. Les sacked him. Why would he come back to a place where he has been given the shove.

Don't any on here have been back to work for an employer that previously gave them a P45

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Today is on Ainsworth… on 23:27 - Apr 15 with 3817 views1JD

I can think of 10 p*ss poor decisions in this game alone.

1. Selecting Jimmy Dunne, an immobile CB, with no composure, at RB. Straight from the Ian Holloway school of Square Pegs Round Holes.
2. Incredibly thinking it is a good idea because he once played there for Accrington F**king Stanley.
3. Playing any one of the equally powerpuff Andre Dozzell / Stefan Johansen / Tim Iroegbunham in a 2-man midfield. Today it was Dozzells turn to give the opposition the freedom of the park.
4. Quire clearly hasn’t seen any videos of QPR this year, and/or has learnt absolutely nothing in his time so far. Clue: a 2-man midfield with any of the above is always ALWAYS outplayed and overrun.
5. Lining up with an already weak 2-man centre midfield, against their 3-man centre midfield from the get-go. Not even tactically naive, just plain stupid.
6. Watching and doing absolutely nothing as we subsequently got overrun from the first minute onwards, to the last. A full 90 minutes of sitting on his hands, seemingly unaware.
7. Having the audacity post-game to say he couldn’t believe how open we were.
8. Awful awful cave football tactics that does not in any way shape or form suit this team or squad.
9. Consistently making changes from the 70 minute mark onwards, at best. Far too late. Repeat, far too f**king late.
10. Not playing your best two players, Willock and chair together. Giving Albert the nod, the man who has done sweet FA this season. Presumably because a. He’s a good lad and a try-hard, and b. you want to play four-four-sodding two.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 23:46 - Apr 15 with 3752 viewsdaveB

Today is on Ainsworth… on 23:20 - Apr 15 by numptydumpty

Never had a chance to get Warnock. Les sacked him. Why would he come back to a place where he has been given the shove.

Don't any on here have been back to work for an employer that previously gave them a P45

Les never sacked Warnock, please don't re write history
Today is on Ainsworth… on 23:47 - Apr 15 with 3741 viewspaulparker

Today is on Ainsworth… on 23:46 - Apr 15 by daveB

Les never sacked Warnock, please don't re write history

Les didn’t want Warnock plain and simple Dave

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Today is on Ainsworth… on 23:54 - Apr 15 with 3696 viewsstainrods_elbow

Today is on Ainsworth… on 23:27 - Apr 15 by 1JD

I can think of 10 p*ss poor decisions in this game alone.

1. Selecting Jimmy Dunne, an immobile CB, with no composure, at RB. Straight from the Ian Holloway school of Square Pegs Round Holes.
2. Incredibly thinking it is a good idea because he once played there for Accrington F**king Stanley.
3. Playing any one of the equally powerpuff Andre Dozzell / Stefan Johansen / Tim Iroegbunham in a 2-man midfield. Today it was Dozzells turn to give the opposition the freedom of the park.
4. Quire clearly hasn’t seen any videos of QPR this year, and/or has learnt absolutely nothing in his time so far. Clue: a 2-man midfield with any of the above is always ALWAYS outplayed and overrun.
5. Lining up with an already weak 2-man centre midfield, against their 3-man centre midfield from the get-go. Not even tactically naive, just plain stupid.
6. Watching and doing absolutely nothing as we subsequently got overrun from the first minute onwards, to the last. A full 90 minutes of sitting on his hands, seemingly unaware.
7. Having the audacity post-game to say he couldn’t believe how open we were.
8. Awful awful cave football tactics that does not in any way shape or form suit this team or squad.
9. Consistently making changes from the 70 minute mark onwards, at best. Far too late. Repeat, far too f**king late.
10. Not playing your best two players, Willock and chair together. Giving Albert the nod, the man who has done sweet FA this season. Presumably because a. He’s a good lad and a try-hard, and b. you want to play four-four-sodding two.

Hard to argue with any of that. Would be really interested to hear Ainsworth and Dobson front up your desolate list and refute every item point by point. If, as he insists, these really are good players (no, really), then every showing under him, bar the puzzlingly decent performances vs Watford and West Brom, is a damning indictment of the coaching staff. However, post-match today, he seems to be veering more towards the ominous 'if our best isn't good enough, so be it'.

More managers than points since whenever it's been! Jesus H. Christ on a f*cking unicycle!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Today is on Ainsworth… on 09:59 - Apr 17 with 3068 viewsdaveB

Today is on Ainsworth… on 23:47 - Apr 15 by paulparker

Les didn’t want Warnock plain and simple Dave

Not wanting him is not the same as sacking him though, that's all I was saying
Today is on Ainsworth… on 10:11 - Apr 17 with 2998 viewsrobith

Today is on Ainsworth… on 21:49 - Apr 15 by sixnil

Chair was selling Paal down the river all day on Saturday. I live Illy but he was borderline refusing to defend on Saturday, and it was unacceptable
Today is on Ainsworth… on 10:29 - Apr 17 with 2919 viewsQPR_Jim

Today is on Ainsworth… on 10:11 - Apr 17 by robith

Chair was selling Paal down the river all day on Saturday. I live Illy but he was borderline refusing to defend on Saturday, and it was unacceptable

I think the substitution was after a couple of passages of play where he failed to release the ball quickly, slowed everything down and let Coventry prepare for his cross. I wonder if Ainsworth as a winger looked at that and thought someone with half the talent doing the right things would be better than Chair, with all his talent, doing what he wanted.

Service into the front two was non existent - again. What's the point in them being there?
Today is on Ainsworth… on 10:40 - Apr 17 with 2881 viewsdenhamhoop2

Dunne at Right Back is never ever going to work surely the commonsense approach when in our situation make us hard to play against pack the midfield and go one up top think Gigi Di Canio's tactic in that relegation battle
Today is on Ainsworth… on 10:58 - Apr 17 with 2832 viewsdaveB

Today is on Ainsworth… on 10:29 - Apr 17 by QPR_Jim

I think the substitution was after a couple of passages of play where he failed to release the ball quickly, slowed everything down and let Coventry prepare for his cross. I wonder if Ainsworth as a winger looked at that and thought someone with half the talent doing the right things would be better than Chair, with all his talent, doing what he wanted.

Service into the front two was non existent - again. What's the point in them being there?

Chair isn't really a winger though which is what he was asked to be at the weekend, I'm not sure why we are trying to put square pegs in round holes, is bizarre
Today is on Ainsworth… on 11:13 - Apr 17 with 2769 viewsQPR_Jim

Today is on Ainsworth… on 10:58 - Apr 17 by daveB

Chair isn't really a winger though which is what he was asked to be at the weekend, I'm not sure why we are trying to put square pegs in round holes, is bizarre

I'm not sure we should be thinking of players as only having one application. Field isn't a CB but can do a job there as part of a back 3, did it at Watford and stepped up to the plate. Chair has pace, can take people on and can cross the ball, all attributes that are all transferrable to a winger if there's a willingness to adapt.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 11:21 - Apr 17 with 2743 viewsRangersw12

Let's be honest this appointment has been a disaster and he needs to go at the end of the season.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 11:32 - Apr 17 with 2708 viewsPhilmyRs

Today is on Ainsworth… on 11:21 - Apr 17 by Rangersw12

Let's be honest this appointment has been a disaster and he needs to go at the end of the season.

Or sooner. I can't see the club staying the league with him as Manager. With 5 games left, 4 points could be enough. Given there doesn't appear to be anyone in the coaching setup with the credentials to step up, I think he'll stay in place, I'm just hoping we can scrape 5 or 6 points from somewhere.

I do think people need to answer some questions about this appointment though. We would have been better off with Critchley.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 11:32 - Apr 17 with 2697 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Today is on Ainsworth… on 09:59 - Apr 17 by daveB

Not wanting him is not the same as sacking him though, that's all I was saying

But imagine not wanting Warnock, then replacing him with the tactical mastermind that was JFH.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024