Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR B - Hong Kong 10:49 - May 20 with 7093 viewspaulhoop2

I see they are taking a team out to Hong Kong for a 7 a side jolly up. The thing I still do not get is they have named the u21 side or reserves QPR B but there has been no change in the oppp or games programme. I don’t count this as it’s a good step but I always thought a B team meant playing good opponents like Brentford do or a lesser extent Wycombe. Play against proper men from non league and top opposition such as foreign reserves or top premier league teams. I remember Clive asking Paul Hall about entering the Middlesex and London cup but getting a lukewarm response.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

QPR B - Hong Kong on 12:18 - May 20 with 4650 viewsstevec

QPR B - Hong Kong on 12:23 - May 20 with 4636 viewsMaggsinho

Are there no depths to which this club won’t sink?
QPR B - Hong Kong on 12:47 - May 20 with 4591 viewskensalriser

We were way ahead of Liz Truss.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR B - Hong Kong on 12:52 - May 20 with 4574 viewsLazyFan

It seems, to have free streams, but very early in the morning for UK times.

So, not exactly diverse and inclusive for Lazy people like myself. I shall complain to my woke D&I peeps about the lack of accessibility in match start times for lazy people.

zzzzzzzzzz

QPR B - Hong Kong on 13:23 - May 20 with 4497 viewsSheffieldHoop

You have to go to the under-21s news section of the QPR website for the B team news, I'm not sure anybody at QPR knows what this team actually is.

All this U23/U21/B stuff is PR nonsense and does nothing to improve reserve or youth football.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

QPR B - Hong Kong on 13:31 - May 20 with 4512 viewsDavieQPR

Bteam is not restricted by the number of overage players it can use. Hope Paul Hall is a good coach for First team and B team as he seems devoid of any passion as a Manager.
QPR B - Hong Kong on 14:29 - May 20 with 4413 viewsSheffieldHoop

QPR B - Hong Kong on 13:31 - May 20 by DavieQPR

Bteam is not restricted by the number of overage players it can use. Hope Paul Hall is a good coach for First team and B team as he seems devoid of any passion as a Manager.

Sure, but we don't often use any Over 23s in our B team. The odd game for Balogun or Dozzell for fitness is also fine under U23 rules. So the "B" thing seems unnecessary to me.

If we need a side for Over 23s to get game time - we've already got one, it's called the first team. If they're not good enough for first-team football at 24, when will they be?

QPR B - Hong Kong on 14:40 - May 20 with 4428 viewsaston_hoop

The biggest confusion for me is that Harun Hamid and Isaac Pitblado seem to be traveling with the squad even though I'm sure both players were on the released list

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR B - Hong Kong on 14:55 - May 20 with 4400 viewsYorkshirehoop

I'm sure there is a better use of the club finances than an expensive trip to Hong Kong.Doesnt make any sense when we are trying to watch the pennies.
QPR B - Hong Kong on 15:04 - May 20 with 4388 viewsNortholt_Rs

QPR B - Hong Kong on 14:55 - May 20 by Yorkshirehoop

I'm sure there is a better use of the club finances than an expensive trip to Hong Kong.Doesnt make any sense when we are trying to watch the pennies.

Nice jolly up for everybody though….as a reward for a fantastic season!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

QPR B - Hong Kong on 16:53 - May 20 with 4301 viewsdistortR

QPR B - Hong Kong on 14:40 - May 20 by aston_hoop

The biggest confusion for me is that Harun Hamid and Isaac Pitblado seem to be traveling with the squad even though I'm sure both players were on the released list

That is nuts.
QPR B - Hong Kong on 17:11 - May 20 with 4276 viewsdmm

QPR B - Hong Kong on 16:53 - May 20 by distortR

That is nuts.

The offish page says:

“Within our squad are some players who are being released next month. We want to use this as a platform for them to showcase their capabilities in the hope of finding alternative opportunities elsewhere."
QPR B - Hong Kong on 17:35 - May 20 with 4237 viewsEsox_Lucius

QPR B - Hong Kong on 12:47 - May 20 by kensalriser

We were way ahead of Liz Truss.

Dermot Gallagher in charge! sort of.

The grass is always greener.

QPR B - Hong Kong on 17:41 - May 20 with 4222 viewsdistortR

QPR B - Hong Kong on 17:11 - May 20 by dmm

The offish page says:

“Within our squad are some players who are being released next month. We want to use this as a platform for them to showcase their capabilities in the hope of finding alternative opportunities elsewhere."

Using the clubs finances to showcase players who don't play for us anymore is as laudable as it is dumb, imo.
QPR B - Hong Kong on 18:19 - May 20 with 4200 viewspaulhoop2

QPR B - Hong Kong on 14:29 - May 20 by SheffieldHoop

Sure, but we don't often use any Over 23s in our B team. The odd game for Balogun or Dozzell for fitness is also fine under U23 rules. So the "B" thing seems unnecessary to me.

If we need a side for Over 23s to get game time - we've already got one, it's called the first team. If they're not good enough for first-team football at 24, when will they be?

Agree 100% with this. All other clubs that have a b set up use it properly with overage players in it. We just have u21 matches pathetic. As I’ve said before why not enter the Middlesex cup of London cup get games against proper competitive opponents. Plus go and play Ajax reserves or summit like that.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

QPR B - Hong Kong on 19:23 - May 20 with 4129 viewsYorkshirehoop

Where abouts are you in northolt.i worked in northolt for years for my uncle's building firm.i used to go to big Tyrones cafe off the roundabout he was big QPR fan.opposite Gainsborough tower.Northolt I would say I the main hub for QPR boys
My old man was born in perivale but spent his early years on the racecourt estate till they moved to hanwell.people knock Northolt but I love the area.full of rangers boys
QPR B - Hong Kong on 20:50 - May 21 with 3743 viewsMick_S

QPR B - Hong Kong on 19:23 - May 20 by Yorkshirehoop

Where abouts are you in northolt.i worked in northolt for years for my uncle's building firm.i used to go to big Tyrones cafe off the roundabout he was big QPR fan.opposite Gainsborough tower.Northolt I would say I the main hub for QPR boys
My old man was born in perivale but spent his early years on the racecourt estate till they moved to hanwell.people knock Northolt but I love the area.full of rangers boys

Northolt here too, mate. Lived opposite the racecourse estate for many a year.

Edit: we on the right thread here?
[Post edited 21 May 2023 20:59]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

QPR B - Hong Kong on 21:59 - May 21 with 3670 viewsdaveB

I'm struggling to see the problem with this. They'll be playing some decent sides, a good experience for the young players

We've had young teams playing in various post season tournaments in recent years such as in America and Europe. I know we're all meant to be angry at everything the club does but I'm struggling to see what's wrong with this
QPR B - Hong Kong on 22:17 - May 21 with 3639 viewsOldPedro

QPR B - Hong Kong on 17:41 - May 20 by distortR

Using the clubs finances to showcase players who don't play for us anymore is as laudable as it is dumb, imo.

The full quote from the Academy director Alex Carroll is: “This is a very prestigious tournament and we are delighted to be involved.

The players are excited to be taking part and for the opportunity to test themselves against very strong opposition.

Within our squad are some players who are being released next month. We want to use this as a platform for them to showcase their capabilities in the hope of finding alternative opportunities elsewhere.

We take after-care of our young players very seriously and our squad selection for this tournament is demonstration of that.”

Personally, I think it is a good think that the club is trying to help these players rather than just dumping them. There are plenty of stories of young players struggling once they get released by clubs.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

QPR B - Hong Kong on 23:02 - May 21 with 3575 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR B - Hong Kong on 21:59 - May 21 by daveB

I'm struggling to see the problem with this. They'll be playing some decent sides, a good experience for the young players

We've had young teams playing in various post season tournaments in recent years such as in America and Europe. I know we're all meant to be angry at everything the club does but I'm struggling to see what's wrong with this

Me too.
Also, I'm sure we would have committed to this well in advance.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR B - Hong Kong on 23:14 - May 21 with 3549 viewsNortholt_Rs

QPR B - Hong Kong on 19:23 - May 20 by Yorkshirehoop

Moved out of Northolt long ago luckily…..but yes lots of Rs ‘geezers’ from that area

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

QPR B - Hong Kong on 13:48 - May 22 with 3289 viewsSheffieldHoop

Hold on. Are we seriously suggesting that clubs are going to sign released QPR B teamers off the back of a 7-a-side in Hong Kong? Our released B Teamers usually end up at clubs like Aldershot, Hayes & Yeading, Tooting & Micham. Are any of those clubs sending scouts to Hong Kong for this? You reckon?

Not being angry with the club.....Not throwing toys out of the pram......Still wasting hard-earned money on absurdly overpriced QPR clothes for my child. Just calling BS on clear & obvious BS.

QPR B - Hong Kong on 14:18 - May 22 with 3250 viewsfrancisbowles

QPR B - Hong Kong on 13:48 - May 22 by SheffieldHoop

Hold on. Are we seriously suggesting that clubs are going to sign released QPR B teamers off the back of a 7-a-side in Hong Kong? Our released B Teamers usually end up at clubs like Aldershot, Hayes & Yeading, Tooting & Micham. Are any of those clubs sending scouts to Hong Kong for this? You reckon?

Not being angry with the club.....Not throwing toys out of the pram......Still wasting hard-earned money on absurdly overpriced QPR clothes for my child. Just calling BS on clear & obvious BS.

https://www.hksoccersevens.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HKFC_Soccer_Sevens

There are a number of sponsors. I can't find out whether there is appearance or prize money. I suspect that, at least some, of the expenses would be met. Cathay are one of the sponsors, which would suggest that the flights are covered.

[Post edited 22 May 2023 14:28]
QPR B - Hong Kong on 14:54 - May 22 with 3203 viewsSheffieldHoop

QPR B - Hong Kong on 14:18 - May 22 by francisbowles

https://www.hksoccersevens.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HKFC_Soccer_Sevens

There are a number of sponsors. I can't find out whether there is appearance or prize money. I suspect that, at least some, of the expenses would be met. Cathay are one of the sponsors, which would suggest that the flights are covered.

[Post edited 22 May 2023 14:28]

Who in the commercial world doesn't have a few sponsors to hand? That doesn't mean they're footing the bill!

QPR B - Hong Kong on 14:37 - May 27 with 2957 viewsozranger

For those heavily invested in this competition and how our boys may be going, they have progressed to the quarters with two draws and a win.

0-0 with HK/China U22 Rep team
1-1 with Brighton & Hove Albion Youth
3-0 over Singapore Cricket Club

Brighton won Group D with wins over both the other two teams.

Next match is early tomorrow (Sunday) morning our time. I have not found a draw, but if we are to play the winners of Group C, that will be Leicester who defeated last time winners (2019) Newcastle in group play.

Our squad:
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024