Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Antonio - Another one we missed 06:06 - May 23 with 3496 viewsHAYESBOY

Didn't know this. Having trouble with links.

On trial with us for 6 weeks. We passed.

www.youtube.com/shorts/OS35JzgrLmQ

[Post edited 23 May 2023 6:12]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Antonio - Another one we missed on 10:23 - May 23 with 3200 viewsrobith

Also turned down by Spurs and Brentford. Career has been a slow burn - West Ham started playing him at right back at one point.

But he did do a Homer Simpson celebration once so he'll always be alright by me
Antonio - Another one we missed on 11:35 - May 23 with 3060 viewsMrSheen

Antonio - Another one we missed on 10:23 - May 23 by robith

Also turned down by Spurs and Brentford. Career has been a slow burn - West Ham started playing him at right back at one point.

But he did do a Homer Simpson celebration once so he'll always be alright by me

I love watching him, a complete chaos generator, anything could happen. Fantastic energy and spirit, but I wouldn’t let him near eggs, crockery or babies. Inspired move by West Ham to move him to the other end of the pitch.
Antonio - Another one we missed on 12:27 - May 23 with 2931 viewsJuzzie

Look, we're never going to 100% accurately identity every player that turns out good. They all develop in different ways & different times.
Every single club will have had at one time or another players they turned away who then went on to do well.
As an oldie I recall the likes of John Aldridge and Ian Wright being late into proffesional football, it happens.
Antonio - Another one we missed on 12:47 - May 23 with 2851 viewsYorkshirehoop

Paulo wanchope who later played for Derby was on trial at QPR under Gerry Francis.obviously didn't fancy him.but to be fair to Gerry he did have an eye for a bargain.Stuart Wardley for 15 grand odd from non league was a great find.
Antonio - Another one we missed on 12:51 - May 23 with 2828 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Every club in the land can torture themselves about players that slipped through their fingers. What about the many thousands that didn’t.

I don’t think we are exceptional in this regard.

For every Antonio there is a Eze, who both Reading and Millwall released and had to send begging letters to clubs.
Antonio - Another one we missed on 14:58 - May 23 with 2595 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Antonio - Another one we missed on 12:47 - May 23 by Yorkshirehoop

Paulo wanchope who later played for Derby was on trial at QPR under Gerry Francis.obviously didn't fancy him.but to be fair to Gerry he did have an eye for a bargain.Stuart Wardley for 15 grand odd from non league was a great find.

It was Stewart Houston who was the manager who turned down the chance to sign Wanchope, Yorkshire.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Antonio - Another one we missed on 15:50 - May 23 with 2500 viewsPhilmyRs

Antonio - Another one we missed on 14:58 - May 23 by BrianMcCarthy

It was Stewart Houston who was the manager who turned down the chance to sign Wanchope, Yorkshire.

yep, and while a bargain relatively speaking, Wardley was sh*t.
Antonio - Another one we missed on 16:21 - May 23 with 2447 viewskensalriser

I've just realised I still have residual PTSD from the Houston era, What an absolute calamity of a manager. Or should that be 'manager'.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Antonio - Another one we missed on 19:49 - May 23 with 2206 viewsSK_hoops

Antonio - Another one we missed on 15:50 - May 23 by PhilmyRs

yep, and while a bargain relatively speaking, Wardley was sh*t.

I was quite young, but seem to remember him having a good first season.
Antonio - Another one we missed on 21:17 - May 23 with 2052 viewsLazyFan

Antonio - Another one we missed on 19:49 - May 23 by SK_hoops

Francis signed Wardley, said he was complete rubbish but he kept scoring so had to play him. Season after he reverted back to his level and was moved on.

zzzzzzzzzz

Antonio - Another one we missed on 09:25 - May 24 with 1866 viewsQPunkR

Antonio - Another one we missed on 19:49 - May 23 by SK_hoops

He didn't seem to be naturally talented at football to me but his greatest asset was arriving in the box at the exact right time. Seemed a good lad as well

QPR - "shit but local"

Antonio - Another one we missed on 10:00 - May 24 with 1814 viewsWatford_Ranger

We chose to invest in someone more expensive instead. Sheron maybe or Spencer. Someone will remember better than me. A month later he was dancing round Schmeichel at Old Trafford.

But then you get an Eze who is rejected multiple times and we see the potential. Overall though we’ve been pretty awful at scouting over the last couple of decades considering the number of great kids in West London alone. They can’t all go to Chelsea.
Antonio - Another one we missed on 10:37 - May 24 with 1772 viewsPikey

I remember watching him play for tooting and mitcham and not being overly impressed. As someone else said they all develop at different times so it's quite easy to miss them.
Antonio - Another one we missed on 12:53 - May 24 with 1682 viewshantssi

Sterling!!
Antonio - Another one we missed on 13:09 - May 24 with 1649 viewsPikey

We didnt miss out on Sterling we got £2m for a kid then another lump when Liverpool sold him.
He would not have developed at rs the way he did at Liverpool and its doubtful we would have got much gif him , say at 18, as a championship player rather then an England international.
Antonio - Another one we missed on 13:20 - May 24 with 1620 viewshantssi

Antonio - Another one we missed on 13:09 - May 24 by Pikey

We didnt miss out on Sterling we got £2m for a kid then another lump when Liverpool sold him.
He would not have developed at rs the way he did at Liverpool and its doubtful we would have got much gif him , say at 18, as a championship player rather then an England international.

Sorry, meant we “spotted” him and made a lot of money from him.
Was trying to put another side to the argument!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024