Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Naughton 17:09 - Jun 7 with 3918 viewsswan_si

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/kyle-naughton-signs-new-one-year-contract-swans
Kyle Naughton on 21:44 - Jun 7 with 1285 viewsonehunglow

Kyle Naughton on 21:33 - Jun 7 by Boundy

You have to pay for experience and Naughton has that in abundance .He's kept himself fit and injury free so if its cheap deal then why not . Tate has moved on and I'm sure he's imparted more than just a few quiet words of advice of how to defend to Cooper so why not Naughton .

It depends on how the new manager views things l
He could spend his whole season on the bench .
Frankly, it’s all rather puzzling to me .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Kyle Naughton on 07:23 - Jun 8 with 1181 viewsshandyjack

excellent decision, covers a few positions on relatively low wages. Happy to be a squad member and not kick up a fuss about not playing. Will continue to help the youngsters with experience and guidance and will be key to the new manager off the field

Poll: Expectation for the season

Kyle Naughton on 07:34 - Jun 8 with 1175 viewsDr_Winston

I'm slightly surprised that he hasn't hung up his boots but as others have said, an experienced head capable of stepping in for 5-10 games a season, maybe even longer spells if required.

Certainly wouldn't consider him a first choice any more, but we could do a lot worse as cover.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kyle Naughton on 07:51 - Jun 8 with 1149 viewsWhiterockin

Kyle Naughton on 07:34 - Jun 8 by Dr_Winston

I'm slightly surprised that he hasn't hung up his boots but as others have said, an experienced head capable of stepping in for 5-10 games a season, maybe even longer spells if required.

Certainly wouldn't consider him a first choice any more, but we could do a lot worse as cover.

Possibly he is settled here and just enjoys playing football, the money in later life is secondary for some. Didn't he opt out of his contract a couple of years ago when we were relegated and took a lower option to be able to play.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Kyle Naughton on 08:40 - Jun 8 with 1133 viewsjackrmee

Great servant to the club. Wants to be here obviously. Bags of experience. Versatile defender. Stays fit. Cheap.
Plenty of positives.
A yes from me.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Kyle Naughton on 09:20 - Jun 8 with 1103 viewsjohnlangy

Kyle Naughton on 20:18 - Jun 7 by KeithHaynes

Martin sang his praises as a true model professional, and rightly so.

Agreed.
Kyle Naughton on 09:29 - Jun 8 with 1080 viewsOptimisticJack

Kyle Naughton on 07:34 - Jun 8 by Dr_Winston

Bit harsh.
Naughton is only 34 and seems to look after himself.
Martin chose not to select him from mid season for whatever reason ( which coincided with our slump in form).
A good asset to our squad and a good pro.

Optimisticjack

Kyle Naughton on 09:31 - Jun 8 with 1074 viewsKeithHaynes

Kyle Naughton on 20:24 - Jun 7 by vetchonian

DO we know for certain Winter has left?

I would ask anyone to point me to the official announcement that is the case......nothing on the official site, nothing on social media apart from a Wales On Line article hinting at his departure.

Maybe Jake and Jase are making the decisions there needs to be someone in charge as though football has finished the club as a business still needs managing...there will be various administrative things needing doing there will need to be an authorisation on the bank account etc,

Lots of speculation at the moment and but whilst there is a great contempt on here for our owners they do understand business if not football

On your question Vetch, the club by all accounts ( and I’m just being told this so it’s not what I know ) had a ‘goodbye Julian’ report and then removed it. I recall an announcement of sorts but as you rightly point out it’s gone.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Naughton on 11:38 - Jun 8 with 1012 viewsDr_Winston

Kyle Naughton on 09:29 - Jun 8 by OptimisticJack

Bit harsh.
Naughton is only 34 and seems to look after himself.
Martin chose not to select him from mid season for whatever reason ( which coincided with our slump in form).
A good asset to our squad and a good pro.

That's not a criticism. I just expected him to be settled in the area and not all that bothered in chasing a lower wage elsewhere.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kyle Naughton on 12:10 - Jun 8 with 998 viewsvetchonian

Kyle Naughton on 09:31 - Jun 8 by KeithHaynes

On your question Vetch, the club by all accounts ( and I’m just being told this so it’s not what I know ) had a ‘goodbye Julian’ report and then removed it. I recall an announcement of sorts but as you rightly point out it’s gone.

thanks Keith,

I guess given the Beeb announcement and other media outlets from around the 24th it may have happened but given nothing "official" from the club and still named as CEO on the site it could be questioned.

That said I am not naive and have been around in businesses long enough to have have key people leave yet no official announcements have been made regarding their departure.

Thanks for the clarification

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Kyle Naughton on 12:33 - Jun 8 with 992 viewsOptimisticJack

Kyle Naughton on 11:38 - Jun 8 by Dr_Winston

That's not a criticism. I just expected him to be settled in the area and not all that bothered in chasing a lower wage elsewhere.

Take your point.

Optimisticjack

Kyle Naughton on 14:32 - Jun 8 with 932 viewsKeithHaynes

Kyle Naughton on 12:10 - Jun 8 by vetchonian

thanks Keith,

I guess given the Beeb announcement and other media outlets from around the 24th it may have happened but given nothing "official" from the club and still named as CEO on the site it could be questioned.

That said I am not naive and have been around in businesses long enough to have have key people leave yet no official announcements have been made regarding their departure.

Thanks for the clarification

It’s all a bit odd at Swansea these days.

Kyle Naughton on 22:20 - Jun 8 with 849 viewssw02sea

Must admit I haven’t read all the threads on Naughton, but who decided to give him a new 1 yr contract, when technically we haven’t got a permanent working manager ?
What if the new bloke doesn’t rate him?
Wasted wages again?
Kyle Naughton on 09:31 - Jun 9 with 771 viewsonehunglow

Kyle Naughton on 22:20 - Jun 8 by sw02sea

Must admit I haven’t read all the threads on Naughton, but who decided to give him a new 1 yr contract, when technically we haven’t got a permanent working manager ?
Wasted wages again?

Indeed.
He was shot a few years ago but his fans were happy to see him given a four year contract and now another one when he has been nothing but an onlooker.
A new contract because he is a good pro ?
My God, is that where we are now?
Frankly,the contract offered 5o Joe Allen was another borne out of sentiment .
We are not a retirement home .
Sorry in advance for any offence
Keep it tidy

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Kyle Naughton on 12:27 - Jun 9 with 738 viewsKeithHaynes

Kyle Naughton on 22:20 - Jun 8 by sw02sea

Wasted wages again?

Martin by all accounts put a case forward for him to stay a week before the Southampton nonsense started. Swans have also spoken to Latibeaudiere in the last week, not sure how it went.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Kyle Naughton on 12:43 - Jun 9 with 730 viewsDr_Winston

Kyle Naughton on 09:31 - Jun 9 by onehunglow

Indeed.
He was shot a few years ago but his fans were happy to see him given a four year contract and now another one when he has been nothing but an onlooker.
A new contract because he is a good pro ?
My God, is that where we are now?
Frankly,the contract offered 5o Joe Allen was another borne out of sentiment .
We are not a retirement home .
Sorry in advance for any offence
Keep it tidy

The Kyle Naughton who was apparently "shot a few years ago" was elected as players player of the year in 2022.

Is there anything about the club that you actually understand?

Kyle Naughton on 17:59 - Jun 14 with 568 viewssw02sea

Another genius deal conducted by our gloriously misguided owners. Ffs, what happens if our new manager doesn’t rate him?
Another wasted wage like Sorinola?
He’s been a model professional, but age catches us all up in the end. The last couple of matches he played for us, he cost us 2 goals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024