Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heston update 13:03 - Jun 9 with 5259 viewsHAYESBOY

Players back June 22nd.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Heston update on 13:12 - Jun 9 with 5206 viewsJeff

I’m going to the official opening of the training ground as part of the bond package in a couple of weeks, I’ll report back on what it’s like and how good the canapés are…

Can we not knock it?

Heston update on 13:29 - Jun 9 with 5116 viewsdmm

The club did say they'd have an open day for fans to see the new training ground. I hope they stick to their promise as I'd love to see it.
Heston update on 15:05 - Jun 9 with 4854 viewshateley_legend

Waiting with weary resignation for the urban legend to emerge that that bellend on the PA crept in after dark to bury a Brentford scarf under the main building, causing us untold years of ill-fortune.
Heston update on 15:13 - Jun 9 with 4819 viewsBklynRanger

Looks like they've put in windows along the side of the hydrotherapy plunge pools.

Seems a bit kinky but if it brings in some much needed sex tourist revenue then so be it.
Heston update on 15:26 - Jun 9 with 4765 viewsSuperhoop83

Heston update on 13:12 - Jun 9 by Jeff

I’m going to the official opening of the training ground as part of the bond package in a couple of weeks, I’ll report back on what it’s like and how good the canapés are…

Have the club booked a witch to curse it in the traditional QPR fashion?

Suffering since 1978.

Heston update on 19:39 - Jun 9 with 4480 viewsdmm

Some interesting details and comments on the training ground here https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-a-look-inside-qprs-impressive-n
Heston update on 22:10 - Jun 9 with 4327 viewsDorse

Heston update on 15:26 - Jun 9 by Superhoop83

Have the club booked a witch to curse it in the traditional QPR fashion?

They have installed a Ronco Curse-o-Matic 5000 in the treatment room.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Heston update on 23:39 - Jun 9 with 4120 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Heston update on 15:05 - Jun 9 by hateley_legend

Waiting with weary resignation for the urban legend to emerge that that bellend on the PA crept in after dark to bury a Brentford scarf under the main building, causing us untold years of ill-fortune.

I sneaked into Dean Gaffney’s house and did a shit in his kettle so we’re even.
Login to get fewer ads

Heston update on 09:28 - Jun 10 with 3853 viewsdistortR

Heston update on 23:39 - Jun 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

I sneaked into Dean Gaffney’s house and did a shit in his kettle so we’re even.

At least it didn't make your piss boil.
Heston update on 09:29 - Jun 10 with 3845 viewsdistortR

Heston update on 13:12 - Jun 9 by Jeff

Yeah, are they opened with a stick with a hook on it, or are they fully automated?
Heston update on 09:39 - Jun 10 with 3813 viewsCateLeBonR

Heston update on 09:29 - Jun 10 by distortR

Yeah, are they opened with a stick with a hook on it, or are they fully automated?

They’ve got an Evil ai Les to work everything.
Heston update on 10:41 - Jun 10 with 3726 viewsHAYESBOY

Heston update on 09:29 - Jun 10 by distortR

Well you have to give the donkey a carrot if that's automated..............

Heston update on 13:34 - Jun 12 with 3225 viewsHAYESBOY

Another vid loaded.

Heston update on 14:14 - Jun 12 with 3116 viewsdmm

Heston update on 13:34 - Jun 12 by HAYESBOY

Another vid loaded.

I think for once the club has got something spot on. The new training ground looks excellent.
Heston update on 14:46 - Jun 12 with 3035 viewsTheChef

Heston update on 14:14 - Jun 12 by dmm

I think for once the club has got something spot on. The new training ground looks excellent.

How dare they!!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Heston update on 10:24 - Jun 13 with 2697 viewsAndybrat

We question the owner’s commitment, obviously they can’t spend the money on players so tbh this is second best. Actually you could say 1st as this is not short termism. Sort of feel an exciting couple of weeks coming up and any potential signings need to see this place. Looks better than when I played there in the London Commercial League for B.A.
Heston update on 10:27 - Jun 13 with 2681 viewsNorthernr

Heston update on 10:24 - Jun 13 by Andybrat

We question the owner’s commitment, obviously they can’t spend the money on players so tbh this is second best. Actually you could say 1st as this is not short termism. Sort of feel an exciting couple of weeks coming up and any potential signings need to see this place. Looks better than when I played there in the London Commercial League for B.A.

Not even second best for me. One of the huge missed opportunities in the Prem was we spent all the money on wnkr footballers and came back with exactly the same sub standard infrastructure. This looks great. Looking forward to seeing it.
Heston update on 10:29 - Jun 13 with 2663 viewsAndybrat

Heston update on 10:27 - Jun 13 by Northernr

Not even second best for me. One of the huge missed opportunities in the Prem was we spent all the money on wnkr footballers and came back with exactly the same sub standard infrastructure. This looks great. Looking forward to seeing it.

Yep that’s basically what I said. Great to see a positive Clive 👍
Heston update on 10:45 - Jun 13 with 2621 viewspaulhoop2

Think I’ve said before whole family worked there when it was BA including myself. Some great times there fantastic events and the pitches back then were conference standard.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Heston update on 10:46 - Jun 13 with 2621 viewsNorthernr

Heston update on 10:29 - Jun 13 by Andybrat

Yep that’s basically what I said. Great to see a positive Clive 👍

Yeh this is a huge positive. I'm just watching the videos on a loop and trying to forget the rest.

It should help with attracting players in future too. Harlington was embarrassing really, like a secondary school facility, and the temporary set up they had at Heston last year (apart from the pitches which are like carpets) was makeshift to say the least.
Heston update on 11:02 - Jun 13 with 2549 viewsngbqpr

re the Cat 1 vs Cat 2 debate...WLS piece hints at Cat 1 still being aspired for long term.

As someone who works in kids football, I will say that parents will be very impressed by this.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Heston update on 11:26 - Jun 13 with 2479 viewsfrancisbowles

Heston update on 10:45 - Jun 13 by paulhoop2

Think I’ve said before whole family worked there when it was BA including myself. Some great times there fantastic events and the pitches back then were conference standard.

I used to play there too. Midweek in the Airport league and the Hanwell and District league. Some Saturdays too in the lower level teams.
Pitches were great. Tom the groundsman, a dour Scotsman who you didn't want to upset, kept them in great condition. Any heavy rain and you weren't playing!
I was seconded from my regular job to work on one of the big corporate events there too.
Fond memories, looking forward to seeing how they've improved the old place.
Heston update on 16:00 - Jun 13 with 2255 viewsderbyhoop

A huge step up.
For me, personally, a sound investment.
Let's hope we can recruit the players to do it justice.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024