Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interest rates going up again 12:24 - Jun 22 with 4617 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

To combat inflation apparently. Because the previous recent thirteen attempts were incredibly successful.

It’s got a bit of the Blackadder battlefield tactics about it now. Doing the same thing we’ve done 13 times before is the last thing inflation would expect us to do this time.

How much do these idiots get paid for making these asinine decisions?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Interest rates going up again on 10:02 - Jun 25 with 834 viewscontroversial_jack

Interest rates going up again on 00:01 - Jun 25 by gadgetuk

Yeah, I've heard this argument many times about 15% interest rates - its baloney.
When you had those interest rates, mortgages were a fraction of peoples outgoings. Now 50% of peoples salary goes on a mortgage, so a 2-3% uplift is a killer.

It’s not Baloney it happened. House prices then were a lot lower and more realistic.houses are now beyond the average working family. We need council housing again.
Interest rates going up again on 12:15 - Jun 25 with 794 viewsmajorraglan

Interest rates going up again on 10:02 - Jun 25 by controversial_jack

It’s not Baloney it happened. House prices then were a lot lower and more realistic.houses are now beyond the average working family. We need council housing again.

Interest rates peaked around 15% in the 80s and while that was painful, houses are now are a lot more expensive and unaffordable. Last year, the average house was 9 times the average wage and houses were at their most unaffordable level since Victorian times. Things have only got worse this year. The financial deregulation of the 80s saw house prices increase dramatically.

I remember the 80s and there is no doubt people had it tough back then, but it’s heading towards a different level these days. I really feel got my kids.
Interest rates going up again on 12:18 - Jun 25 with 793 viewsmajorraglan

Interest rates going up again on 10:02 - Jun 25 by controversial_jack

Interest rates peaked around 15% in the 80s and while that was painful, houses are now are a lot more expensive and unaffordable. Last year, the average house was 9 times the average wage and houses were at their most unaffordable level since Victorian times. Things have only got worse this year. The financial deregulation of the 80s saw house prices increase dramatically.

I remember the 80s and there is no doubt people had it tough back then, but it’s heading towards a different level these days. I really feel got my kids.
Interest rates going up again on 17:47 - Jun 25 with 758 viewsSullutaCreturned

Interest rates going up again on 12:18 - Jun 25 by majorraglan

Some people were up to 16-18% and many lost their homes under that pressure. The same thing happened then, people with the cash cleaned up, buying repossessed homes for less than their value.

The same thing will happen again, the tories are buggering the country up good and proper and telling us the pain has to be felt so they can ge inflation down BUT inflation isn't coming down.

On the back of all this other companies are profiteering (though denying it, obviously) and food prices are higher than needs be.
The Saudi's have cut oil production to force prices back up too.

The rich are feeding on us like vampires. Something has to change.
Interest rates going up again on 12:08 - Jun 29 with 667 viewsGwyn737

Fascinating interview on C4 news last night between Krishnan Guru-Murthy and Mel Stride (DWP Secretary).

MS: "Govt is committed to halving inflation..."
KG-M: "How?"
MS: "Errr... by watching Bank of England raise Interest rates..."
KG-M: "That's them & its not working - what are *you* doing?"
MS: "Errr...we're holding pay rises down" (But only in Public Sector)
KG-M: "So you're taking money out of the public's pockets to reduce inflation that's taking money out of their pockets?"
MS: "...."

There doesn't seem to be any fiscal policy apart from wating the BoE and holding down public sector pay. This is happening as private sector pay is rising pretty rapidly in many sectors.

There's going to be massive disruption in schools (in England) and the NHS from the autumn, all which will cost money in the long run.

I've worked in schools for 23 years and for the first time ever I've posted my ballot this morning after marking the 'Yes to industrial action' box. There are many more like me.
Interest rates going up again on 16:37 - Jun 29 with 612 viewsSullutaCreturned

Interest rates going up again on 12:08 - Jun 29 by Gwyn737

Fascinating interview on C4 news last night between Krishnan Guru-Murthy and Mel Stride (DWP Secretary).

KG-M: "So you're taking money out of the public's pockets to reduce inflation that's taking money out of their pockets?"

There doesn't seem to be any fiscal policy apart from wating the BoE and holding down public sector pay. This is happening as private sector pay is rising pretty rapidly in many sectors.

There's going to be massive disruption in schools (in England) and the NHS from the autumn, all which will cost money in the long run.

I've worked in schools for 23 years and for the first time ever I've posted my ballot this morning after marking the 'Yes to industrial action' box. There are many more like me.

I said the same thing about the NHS strikes as I'm saying to you now.

I absolutely hate the idea of teachers going on strike but I really cannot see what option there is. Without proper pay levels ALL of our public services will collapse. Nobody wants to join these workforces anymore because the pay and conditions have become intolerable.

The sooner we are rid of this useless Tory government the better, if it doesn't happen soon the country will end up in such a state as has never been seen in living memory.

We will be driven back into the forelock tugging, Victorian style serving our betters era unless we do something. What futures do our kids have unless we take action now?
Interest rates going up again on 17:37 - Jun 29 with 591 viewsmax936

Interest rates going up again on 12:08 - Jun 29 by Gwyn737

This Government are clueless, listened to Sunak v Starmer in the Commons on YouTube last night, like a couple of children arguing in the school yard pathetic, no wonder we're in the state we are, its only gonna get worse as well.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Interest rates going up again on 18:08 - Jun 29 with 585 viewsSullutaCreturned

Interest rates going up again on 17:37 - Jun 29 by max936

This Government are clueless, listened to Sunak v Starmer in the Commons on YouTube last night, like a couple of children arguing in the school yard pathetic, no wonder we're in the state we are, its only gonna get worse as well.

Too true, Max. it's not just the government, which is a drum I have often banged, labour are just as guilty of putting this country into decline but the harsh truth there is, what other choice do we have besides Labour?

About the only choice we have is for everybody to vote for an independent ad hope it triggers change.
Login to get fewer ads

Interest rates going up again on 19:37 - Jun 29 with 549 viewsGwyn737

Interest rates going up again on 16:37 - Jun 29 by SullutaCreturned

I said the same thing about the NHS strikes as I'm saying to you now.

I absolutely hate the idea of teachers going on strike but I really cannot see what option there is. Without proper pay levels ALL of our public services will collapse. Nobody wants to join these workforces anymore because the pay and conditions have become intolerable.

The sooner we are rid of this useless Tory government the better, if it doesn't happen soon the country will end up in such a state as has never been seen in living memory.

We will be driven back into the forelock tugging, Victorian style serving our betters era unless we do something. What futures do our kids have unless we take action now?

Honestly Cat, I’m going to feel awful about striking.

But this lot have just straight up lied. No spin. Just lies.
Interest rates going up again on 20:38 - Jun 29 with 538 viewsSullutaCreturned

Interest rates going up again on 19:37 - Jun 29 by Gwyn737

Honestly Cat, I’m going to feel awful about striking.

But this lot have just straight up lied. No spin. Just lies.

I know teachers, NHS staff, I have a relative on the trains and others in the public sector, none of them are happy to go on strike but they all feel they need to, before it's too late and the whole system collapses.

It doesn't matter if you lose your glasses, you can still see when something really needs to happen

I'm with you teachers 100%, we need to force change for the better while there's still a chance.
Interest rates going up again on 20:43 - Jun 29 with 533 viewsGwyn737

Interest rates going up again on 20:38 - Jun 29 by SullutaCreturned

I know teachers, NHS staff, I have a relative on the trains and others in the public sector, none of them are happy to go on strike but they all feel they need to, before it's too late and the whole system collapses.

It doesn't matter if you lose your glasses, you can still see when something really needs to happen

I'm with you teachers 100%, we need to force change for the better while there's still a chance.

When you know, you know 😉🤣
Interest rates going up again on 10:17 - Jul 2 with 456 viewscontroversial_jack

Interest rates going up again on 18:08 - Jun 29 by SullutaCreturned

Too true, Max. it's not just the government, which is a drum I have often banged, labour are just as guilty of putting this country into decline but the harsh truth there is, what other choice do we have besides Labour?

About the only choice we have is for everybody to vote for an independent ad hope it triggers change.

What has Labour done to put this country into decline?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024