Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dev squad 19:48 - Jul 7 with 3143 viewspaulhoop2

Lost 3 - 2 to USA airforce anyone know the Trialist as there were loads

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Dev squad on 19:53 - Jul 7 with 3107 viewsBushRanger82

Nope.
Hope I never do, either.

US air force? A wheelchair bound team could do them.
Dev squad on 20:47 - Jul 7 with 2935 viewsaston_hoop

In case anyone was wondering, the US Air Force academy are a top division college side in the states. According to the American I asked about this, they should be a really good match standard-wise for academies like ours. Not that it'll stop the Twitter bunch losing their shit over it of course.

Also congrats to the Trialist family, great to see so many of them making their mark for the club now.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dev squad on 22:14 - Jul 7 with 2698 viewsderbyhoop

Sounds like a glorified recruitment drive.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dev squad on 22:26 - Jul 7 with 2660 viewsdistortR

Dev squad on 20:47 - Jul 7 by aston_hoop

In case anyone was wondering, the US Air Force academy are a top division college side in the states. According to the American I asked about this, they should be a really good match standard-wise for academies like ours. Not that it'll stop the Twitter bunch losing their shit over it of course.

Also congrats to the Trialist family, great to see so many of them making their mark for the club now.

Yeah, it's not the results that matter, it's the production line of talent to the first team, and, err...........
I should have listened closer to warburton. The fact that the 'b' team, or whatever, euphamism it held at the time, was playing a different formation to the first team, leading to the, in my opinion, poor treatment of Gubbins. The fact that the (Now departed and still hero of mine) DoF was overseeing this. The fact that the people involved in the supposed transition of ' b' teamers to the first team thought this was appropriate, antiquated facilities or not. The fact they are still there.

And quite a lot of whiskey.
Dev squad on 22:43 - Jul 7 with 2613 viewspaulhoop2

At Wycombe Gareth had loads of Trialists at under 21 level seems to be replicating that

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Dev squad on 22:50 - Jul 7 with 2580 viewsdistortR

Dev squad on 22:43 - Jul 7 by paulhoop2

At Wycombe Gareth had loads of Trialists at under 21 level seems to be replicating that

How much influence does he have on the development squad? Going by Warburton's experience, not much. Again, we're in limbo really, with the club looking to appoint a new DoF at some stage.
Dev squad on 00:01 - Jul 8 with 2457 viewsBklynRanger

Dev squad on 22:26 - Jul 7 by distortR

Yeah, it's not the results that matter, it's the production line of talent to the first team, and, err...........
I should have listened closer to warburton. The fact that the 'b' team, or whatever, euphamism it held at the time, was playing a different formation to the first team, leading to the, in my opinion, poor treatment of Gubbins. The fact that the (Now departed and still hero of mine) DoF was overseeing this. The fact that the people involved in the supposed transition of ' b' teamers to the first team thought this was appropriate, antiquated facilities or not. The fact they are still there.

And quite a lot of whiskey.

But whiskey with an 'e'... The good stuff!

All the rest is just HR for people from Loughborough
Dev squad on 01:07 - Jul 8 with 2402 viewsDannyPaddox

Wouldn’t read much into that result. The oppo would’ve been on Go-Pills

https://goflightmedicine.com/2014/07/11/stimulants-sleep-aids/
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 1:08]
Login to get fewer ads

Dev squad on 01:16 - Jul 8 with 2385 viewsBoston

Y'see the US Airforce Academy are full of Wings.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dev squad on 08:41 - Jul 8 with 2136 viewsdaveB

big chunk of the B team/Development squad are over in Austria hence the trialists
Dev squad on 08:43 - Jul 8 with 2127 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Dev squad on 22:50 - Jul 7 by distortR

How much influence does he have on the development squad? Going by Warburton's experience, not much. Again, we're in limbo really, with the club looking to appoint a new DoF at some stage.

I imagine Ainsworth will have a lot more influence than Warburton. He has already seen off the DoF, and if it comes to a power struggle with the Academy/Development coaches I can see him winning that as well.
Add in a potential new DoF more in line with Ainsworth and things might change quite quickly.

I'm not a fan of Ainsworths style of football, but his appointment might at least align the Academy, B team and 1st team with a coherent pathway. That can only be a good thing.
Dev squad on 09:48 - Jul 8 with 1966 viewsDannyPaddox

Other games against military units …

QPR 1 - 0 The Army
Addinall
Dev squad on 10:17 - Jul 8 with 1892 viewsE15Hoop

Dev squad on 09:48 - Jul 8 by DannyPaddox

QPR 1 - 0 The Army
Addinall

Did the army use their big guns, DP, and were they mostly firing from long range?
Dev squad on 10:20 - Jul 8 with 1879 viewsGloucs_R

Sounds like we crashed and burned....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dev squad on 10:24 - Jul 8 with 1861 viewsDannyPaddox

Dev squad on 10:17 - Jul 8 by E15Hoop

Did the army use their big guns, DP, and were they mostly firing from long range?

Can’t say. Very hush-hush.
Dev squad on 10:58 - Jul 8 with 1780 viewsQPRSteve

The very first match played after war was declared in 1939 was QPR V The Army behind closed doors. We won 10-0
Dev squad on 12:41 - Jul 8 with 1655 viewsDavieQPR

Dev squad on 09:48 - Jul 8 by DannyPaddox

QPR 1 - 0 The Army
Addinall

Southampton, Leicester and Leeds being in the Second Division with us at the time. Chuck in Everton and West Ham as well and you virtually have the bottom teams in last years Prem.
Dev squad on 15:58 - Jul 8 with 1528 viewsdistortR

Dev squad on 08:41 - Jul 8 by daveB

big chunk of the B team/Development squad are over in Austria hence the trialists

fair point.
Dev squad on 18:41 - Jul 8 with 1427 viewsBoston

Dev squad on 10:24 - Jul 8 by DannyPaddox

Can’t say. Very hush-hush.

Interesting film there, Mr Paddox. I note one of our payers thought it was going to be an away fixture, also note Private Walker appears to have been our goalie, before officiating at an ice hockey game.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 18:42]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dev squad on 02:26 - Jul 9 with 1296 viewsDannyPaddox

https://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/21487/wartime-experiences-reg-allen

Our regular keeper Reg was a bit busy at the time 🙌🏼
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024