Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cathcart 09:32 - Aug 3 with 2762 viewspaulhoop2

Said this before but really think we should look at bringing him in excellent injury record Etc

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Cathcart on 09:51 - Aug 3 with 2672 viewsHunterhoop

Highly rated by Watford fans. Leader in the dressing room and good bloke supposedly. They are stacked at CB apparently and his age meant they didn’t renew. Watford fan I know still thinks he was one of their best 2 CBs.
Cathcart on 09:56 - Aug 3 with 2647 viewsBlue_Castello

He's been available for a while and like you I think he's a very good option on as short a term contract as possible and then if money permits we get Forino as well but that's wishful thinking, let's face it we need bodies I can't ever see Glass Salter keeping fit long enough...
Cathcart on 10:15 - Aug 3 with 2526 viewsQPRConor2000

Maybe its a name we are looking at, does help he can also play as a RB as well, so would give us that flexibility.
Cathcart on 10:23 - Aug 3 with 2470 viewsbosh67

100% yes. Although he's 34 he would certainly be a great addition for this season. Very much a Richard Dunne type addition if possible.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cathcart on 10:25 - Aug 3 with 2447 viewsBoston

I'd be a hi-de-hi on this one.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cathcart on 10:35 - Aug 3 with 2404 viewspaulhoop2

Well I’m sure our outstanding head of recruitment will sort it ! But we should defo go for it instead of chasing forino who is not experienced enough. Cathcart is back training with WFC u21s looking for a club. Certainly wouldn’t pull out of matches like the current lot

Cathcart on 10:41 - Aug 3 with 2362 viewsHunterhoop

I mean we have to sign a centre back today, don’t we? We have to.

Who plays on Saturday?! Who plays the next few weeks? Losing all the games for a few weeks is one thing. Losing them all 5-0 is a very different thing.

They’ve played a back 4 all pre-season so t would be suicidal to change shape so late. Dunne and JCS are both out, aren’t they? Fox has played 45 mins of B team football.

So it’s Gubbins and Fox? Gubbins and Field? Field and Fox? All of them sound disastrous especially is Field has to go centre half and Colback isn’t kitted up. Then we have Dozzell and Duke-McKenna in midfield.

It’ll be a massacre.

I feel for Ainsworth. We, the away end, need to be vocal and not start coating the players if they start badly.
Cathcart on 10:48 - Aug 3 with 2315 viewsBlue_Castello

Cathcart on 10:35 - Aug 3 by paulhoop2

Well I’m sure our outstanding head of recruitment will sort it ! But we should defo go for it instead of chasing forino who is not experienced enough. Cathcart is back training with WFC u21s looking for a club. Certainly wouldn’t pull out of matches like the current lot

Agree with you Cathcart is somebody who could step in now and do a job but we still need to plan for the future as well, if Forino becomes available at the right fee then we should get him, Cathcart is good but he's 34.

Ideally we need another two centre backs, one for the now and one for the future, guess that will be one of those nice shiny things that we are not allowed to have when you have a budget of sweet FA.
Login to get fewer ads

Cathcart on 11:09 - Aug 3 with 2263 viewsHayesender

Cathcart on 10:41 - Aug 3 by Hunterhoop

I mean we have to sign a centre back today, don’t we? We have to.

Who plays on Saturday?! Who plays the next few weeks? Losing all the games for a few weeks is one thing. Losing them all 5-0 is a very different thing.

They’ve played a back 4 all pre-season so t would be suicidal to change shape so late. Dunne and JCS are both out, aren’t they? Fox has played 45 mins of B team football.

So it’s Gubbins and Fox? Gubbins and Field? Field and Fox? All of them sound disastrous especially is Field has to go centre half and Colback isn’t kitted up. Then we have Dozzell and Duke-McKenna in midfield.

It’ll be a massacre.

I feel for Ainsworth. We, the away end, need to be vocal and not start coating the players if they start badly.

Midday tomorrow I think if we want them to play Saturday, but then its gonna have to be someone who's had a full pre-season

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Cathcart on 11:22 - Aug 3 with 2177 viewskernowhoop

On Saturday, he turns up at Vicarage Road, with his boots and goes into the away dressing room (by the way, there's a sign on the door 'The Magilton-Buzsaky Room') ... simple really.
Cathcart on 11:55 - Aug 3 with 2037 viewsDWQPR

If Gubbins ain’t good enough to be in the team at the age of 22 then what the hell are we retaining him for. Get rid and save on wages with these so called kids. If they ain’t good enough at 22 then they will never be good enough.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Cathcart on 12:17 - Aug 3 with 1909 viewsdmm

Cathcart on 11:55 - Aug 3 by DWQPR

If Gubbins ain’t good enough to be in the team at the age of 22 then what the hell are we retaining him for. Get rid and save on wages with these so called kids. If they ain’t good enough at 22 then they will never be good enough.

Gubbins is yet another one for whom the club had high hopes but has not pushed on.
Cathcart on 12:18 - Aug 3 with 1900 viewsBlue_Castello

Exactly when Clive was posting about the dire state of the Finances one of the points I raised was that we need to save money everywhere, that should of started with releasing anyone over the age of 21 who has not made the grade, we've just added three of them to the squad in an attempt to try and prove that the Development squad is working.
Plenty of people don't like getting older players into the squad but if they make us competitive at Championship level then it's what we have to do until the Academy can produce enough quality, it's a cut throat business and I genuinely feel for the players who are released but they won't keep us from being relegated.

We spent 3 years loaning out Masterson getting him to a level where he could quite likely compete and then said thanks a lot we don't need you, I guess he voted for First team football at Gillingham which is certainly to his credit, who is or has been making these decisions.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 12:22]
Cathcart on 12:29 - Aug 3 with 1854 viewsqprcmob

Totally agree, watched an old Big Match Revisited yesterday Chelsh#t v QPR and in our team we had 3 teenagers, Wayne Fereday 17, Gary Waddock 18, and Warren Neil 17. At 22 footballers should be approaching their prime considering everyone thinks you're over the hill by the age of 29.
Cathcart on 12:36 - Aug 3 with 1814 viewspaulhoop2

Chris Ramsey makes the call on youth players he has too much influence seems to be a poor judge of character if all these u21 players are rated not good enough by Gareth. Need to look at chopping him soon and reassess the youth team coaching set up.

Cathcart on 12:56 - Aug 3 with 1722 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cathcart on 12:17 - Aug 3 by dmm

Gubbins is yet another one for whom the club had high hopes but has not pushed on.

I wouldn't be so sure on thos one.
He's still only 22, and that's young for most centre-backs.
Even if we released him, we still need squad players, so he would have to be replaced, and his replacement would cost money and would have to be paid.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cathcart on 13:48 - Aug 3 with 1505 viewsMatch82

Cathcart on 11:22 - Aug 3 by kernowhoop

On Saturday, he turns up at Vicarage Road, with his boots and goes into the away dressing room (by the way, there's a sign on the door 'The Magilton-Buzsaky Room') ... simple really.

It's an interesting point. If you're Craig Cathcart, do you want your debut, 1 day after signing, to be against the team you just left when you're expecting a massacre? He might want to wait till Saturday morning before signing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024