Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kellman and Smyth 21:51 - Aug 5 with 3858 viewspaulhoop2

Did they do anything? So poor today can’t remember either touching the ball.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Kellman and Smyth on 22:09 - Aug 5 with 3742 viewsbosh67

As bad as it was Kellman probably needs match time and Smyth was thrown in ahead of Willock despite only having about 45 minutes of pre-season.

Also if you have a rookie and a player coming back from injury in a team like this it is perhaps a bit much to ask them to stand out.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kellman and Smyth on 22:52 - Aug 5 with 3546 viewsMatch82

Kellman and Smyth on 22:09 - Aug 5 by bosh67

As bad as it was Kellman probably needs match time and Smyth was thrown in ahead of Willock despite only having about 45 minutes of pre-season.

Also if you have a rookie and a player coming back from injury in a team like this it is perhaps a bit much to ask them to stand out.

Nobody did well in the first half, so this is in that context, but I thought Kelman had a couple of nice touches. Looked off the pace a bit though, needs to get used to this level of football
Kellman and Smyth on 23:19 - Aug 5 with 3408 viewsvanrrrr

I think Ainsworth had hung all the young uns out to dry with his tactics and selections today - i am all for giving them a chance but the structure needs to be right to allow them to settle and play. 2 in mid over ran so no protection for Gubbins and not able to move up the field to give Kelman and smyth a chance with some possession in final third

Don’t know if any of them are good enough ( doubt it) but never had a chance today.
Kellman and Smyth on 23:22 - Aug 5 with 3385 viewsdaveB

Kellman and Smyth on 23:19 - Aug 5 by vanrrrr

I think Ainsworth had hung all the young uns out to dry with his tactics and selections today - i am all for giving them a chance but the structure needs to be right to allow them to settle and play. 2 in mid over ran so no protection for Gubbins and not able to move up the field to give Kelman and smyth a chance with some possession in final third

Don’t know if any of them are good enough ( doubt it) but never had a chance today.

Agree with this, how can you start Smyth after not playing pre season and then be shocked he is well off the pace. Brain dead from the manager, both players hung out to dry
Kellman and Smyth on 00:07 - Aug 6 with 3246 viewsLazyFan

He took Smyth off to protect him as the game as lots by then.
Also the Willock sub I think was about making sure he could not play for more than 2 clubs in season.

You see one has to be careful that a club does not buy him on the cheap, like Florist as we are desperate. Then turn around and flog him the next day as hes not played for us yet.

This way anyone who buys him will have to play him.

zzzzzzzzzz

Kellman and Smyth on 00:21 - Aug 6 with 3212 viewsdaveB

Kellman and Smyth on 00:07 - Aug 6 by LazyFan

He took Smyth off to protect him as the game as lots by then.
Also the Willock sub I think was about making sure he could not play for more than 2 clubs in season.

You see one has to be careful that a club does not buy him on the cheap, like Florist as we are desperate. Then turn around and flog him the next day as hes not played for us yet.

This way anyone who buys him will have to play him.

That feels like giving him a lot of credit, it just seemed a power play to me with Willock, he clearly doesn't rate him, had hardly played him since he got the job
Kellman and Smyth on 00:24 - Aug 6 with 3179 viewsdistortR

Kellman and Smyth on 00:21 - Aug 6 by daveB

That feels like giving him a lot of credit, it just seemed a power play to me with Willock, he clearly doesn't rate him, had hardly played him since he got the job

Willock............who's going to buy him? Questionable attitude, injury prone and out of contract at the end of the season. Best we will maybe get is £500k imo, we'd of been better off not extending his contract and saving £500k for sure. Hope he proves me wrong, I'll happily eat humble pie.
Kellman and Smyth on 00:26 - Aug 6 with 3163 viewsDamo1962

Kellman and Smyth on 00:24 - Aug 6 by distortR

Willock............who's going to buy him? Questionable attitude, injury prone and out of contract at the end of the season. Best we will maybe get is £500k imo, we'd of been better off not extending his contract and saving £500k for sure. Hope he proves me wrong, I'll happily eat humble pie.

This.
Login to get fewer ads

Kellman and Smyth on 00:42 - Aug 6 with 3114 viewsted_hendrix

Kellman and Smyth on 00:24 - Aug 6 by distortR

Scouts and I should Imagine Agents keep a dossier on players, I would Imagine Willocks dossier Is blank.

I'm coming to the conclusion now that I'd like to see him and his bible gone.

It's a shame really because on his day well we all know how good he can be.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Kellman and Smyth on 00:46 - Aug 6 with 3105 viewsWatford_Ranger

When he has played him he’s been awful. Lazy, unproductive, slow. He was a magnificent player less than a year ago up until that injury at Sheff U where he’d been near unplayable but have to call it as it is. He just isn’t arsed.

Kelman- don’t remember him touching the ball but with our level of service Haaland would look crap. Smyth- had one fairly promising run down a blind alley.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 0:47]
Kellman and Smyth on 00:50 - Aug 6 with 3089 viewsLazyFan

I would guess its more to do with they are hoping to sell Willock soon and want to avoid any injuries as then he will be gone for nowt.

At least we know Kellman should be loaned out and replaced with Armstrong. But that wont happen until we have a forward loaned in.

zzzzzzzzzz

Kellman and Smyth on 07:44 - Aug 6 with 2821 viewsQPROslo

Kellman and Smyth on 00:50 - Aug 6 by LazyFan

I would guess its more to do with they are hoping to sell Willock soon and want to avoid any injuries as then he will be gone for nowt.

At least we know Kellman should be loaned out and replaced with Armstrong. But that wont happen until we have a forward loaned in.

However poor in comparison to how Willock was, he is surely a better alternative now than either Kelman or Smith in a midfield 3. I think we need to play him while we still have him, we'd be better as a team, he plays well with Chair, and if he does even half as good as he was we're more likely to get some money for him than if he's just coming on for 2 minutes way out in added time. He may as well be injured, not many will buy him if he's not playing even for us. Same goes for Richards. That team yesterday was devoid of everything, most of all team leadership, Gareth has to go, and zero quality all over the park except for Bergovic.
Kellman and Smyth on 08:25 - Aug 6 with 2650 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

He clearly dropped Willock and Richards because of their showing last week. They couldn’t be arsed to even run around so he left them out and put the kids in. It’s hard to argue with really - it is just such a thin squad if you leave key players out you have nothing to replace them with.
Willock obviously hates GA and his football, so clearly getting him sold is the best for everyone as we need the money for reinforcements BUT, and it’s a big but, who is going to buy a very talented player from a talented family who has glass hamstrings and a truly shocking attitude.
Kellman and Smyth on 08:33 - Aug 6 with 2611 viewsstevec

Who would have bet on these two starting a game here ever again?

We have become so small time under these owners.
Kellman and Smyth on 10:31 - Aug 6 with 2388 viewsderbyhoop

Both were playing in L2 last season. No surprise they fail to influence a Championship game.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Kellman and Smyth on 10:54 - Aug 6 with 2315 viewsgazza1

On the evidence of yesterday.....they are not good enough, certainly Kelman but we need to give them a little more time. I am not confident though with either of them. How GA can start them ahead of Armstrong is a mystery.
Kellman and Smyth on 15:44 - Aug 6 with 2165 viewspaulhoop2

Some great replies . They were both poor and I feel not up to championship standard there is a reason we sold smyth in the first place surely. Kellman very poor - Ainsworth must have had a bust up with willock to not play him. Armstrong was starting and playing for the under 21s why not play him from start ? Dykes was playing too deep unless had to cover the poor quality from midfield. Watching live from the stand I was not impressed with begovic but looking again he was reason it was not more !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Kellman and Smyth on 15:50 - Aug 6 with 2128 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Kellman and Smyth on 08:25 - Aug 6 by Philothesuperhoop

He clearly dropped Willock and Richards because of their showing last week. They couldn’t be arsed to even run around so he left them out and put the kids in. It’s hard to argue with really - it is just such a thin squad if you leave key players out you have nothing to replace them with.
Willock obviously hates GA and his football, so clearly getting him sold is the best for everyone as we need the money for reinforcements BUT, and it’s a big but, who is going to buy a very talented player from a talented family who has glass hamstrings and a truly shocking attitude.

I suspect you're right but why does the club choose to run this article on Friday only for Willock to be ceremoniously dumped on the bench come Saturday?

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/august/04/willock-pre-watford/
Kellman and Smyth on 16:00 - Aug 6 with 2087 viewsBurnleyhoop

Kellman and Smyth on 22:09 - Aug 5 by bosh67

Then why select them?

Ainsworth’s job is to select the right players based on all of the obvious criteria, but on yesterday performance you have to wonder what the hell is going on behind the scenes that none of us are aware of. One thing is certain, the supposed attitude issues that blighted last season have still not been resolved, which reflects poorly on Ainsworth and his staff.
Kellman and Smyth on 16:13 - Aug 6 with 2042 viewsnadera78

Kellman and Smyth on 16:00 - Aug 6 by Burnleyhoop

Then why select them?

Ainsworth’s job is to select the right players based on all of the obvious criteria, but on yesterday performance you have to wonder what the hell is going on behind the scenes that none of us are aware of. One thing is certain, the supposed attitude issues that blighted last season have still not been resolved, which reflects poorly on Ainsworth and his staff.

The attitude issues reflect badly on the players with attitude issues, surely?
Kellman and Smyth on 16:16 - Aug 6 with 2029 viewsPhilmyRs

Early days and of the two I think Smyth will offer more but not a great start, though clearly not the best tactical setup to suit them.

A lot of talk about Willock having a poor attitude but he’s been managed by 2 other managers during his 3 years with us and only positive comments. It’s only been since Ainsworth arrived that this stuff is being said. In the last few years, the best we’ve played is when we’ve got Willock and Chair on the ball and they’ve been able to do their stuff with the full backs creating overlaps. GA has clearly failed to get the most from Willock and to an extent Chair by sticking him out on the left wing. It could be Willock’s just a tosser and wants out or there could also be an element of not being suited to the style of GA and therefore not featuring in the team because of it. To see us causing teams problems again you do feel we need to get these talents on the pitch not being wasted on the bench. I fear it’s too late though. Hopefully we get some cash for either or (Willock/Chair) and we can get some attacking weapons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024