Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advice about Travelling on Saturday 17:35 - Aug 30 with 2694 viewsnix

Hi guys

I'm going to Middlesbrough on the supporters coach on Saturday but am planning to stay up there and go to Newcastle straight from the ground for a couple of days.

I was wondering what I can do with my suitcase? Any ideas about what you have done in similar situations?

Also, how long before the game are we likely to arrive as I've never been on the coach before?

Thanks
Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 17:45 - Aug 30 with 2634 viewstoboboly

Think you can put it in the coach storage, at an away ground it might depend on the team. Bolton did it for a mate a number of years ago.

You tend to arrive quite early for the game (an hour plus) from the few times I have used the coach. Take a book/ipod/food/drink and good luck!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 17:49 - Aug 30 with 2611 viewsnix

Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 17:45 - Aug 30 by toboboly

Think you can put it in the coach storage, at an away ground it might depend on the team. Bolton did it for a mate a number of years ago.

You tend to arrive quite early for the game (an hour plus) from the few times I have used the coach. Take a book/ipod/food/drink and good luck!

Thanks, that's great!
Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 17:57 - Aug 30 with 2580 viewsstowmarketrange

Have a look at luggage storage places online.I booked my suitcase in before the Millwall home game at a place in Shepherd’s Bush for £6 last season.
Premier inn store bags at £4.99 per bag and there are 2 in Middlesbrough,including one by the station.
You will probably need to book it in online first.Google luggage storage in Middlesbrough.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2023 18:02]
Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 18:25 - Aug 30 with 2490 viewsnix

Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 17:57 - Aug 30 by stowmarketrange

Have a look at luggage storage places online.I booked my suitcase in before the Millwall home game at a place in Shepherd’s Bush for £6 last season.
Premier inn store bags at £4.99 per bag and there are 2 in Middlesbrough,including one by the station.
You will probably need to book it in online first.Google luggage storage in Middlesbrough.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2023 18:02]

another good idea. thanks.
Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 18:32 - Aug 30 with 2477 viewshoopedmonkey

Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 18:25 - Aug 30 by nix

another good idea. thanks.

I think you will be fine to leave it on the coach and pick it up after the game.
Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 18:41 - Aug 30 with 2443 viewsE17hoop

Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 18:32 - Aug 30 by hoopedmonkey

I think you will be fine to leave it on the coach and pick it up after the game.

Exactly this, Make sure the coach marshals know what you're doing though or they'll be waiting for you to rejoin for the journey back!

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 21:49 - Aug 30 with 2207 viewswombat

Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 18:41 - Aug 30 by E17hoop

Exactly this, Make sure the coach marshals know what you're doing though or they'll be waiting for you to rejoin for the journey back!

The coaches don’t always arrive early as well so leave I on the coach and pick it up after prob easiest to tell who ever the steward is before u leave that is your plans just in case of a late arrival at the ground

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 22:04 - Aug 30 with 2164 viewsBoston

Great spot is Newcastle, super venue for a quick visit. I enjoy riding the quirky underground, walking down by the Tyne and looking up at the bridges (evening or night is better), strolling through the Leazes and of course, Roman ruins. Oh god, now I'm remembering the well cooked reasonably priced fry up's...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 23:10 - Aug 30 with 2058 viewsnix

Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 21:49 - Aug 30 by wombat

The coaches don’t always arrive early as well so leave I on the coach and pick it up after prob easiest to tell who ever the steward is before u leave that is your plans just in case of a late arrival at the ground

yes I'll keep everyone informed. I'm hoping we get there earlyish as I have to pick my ticket up at the ground!
Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 09:42 - Sep 2 with 1669 viewspaulhoop2

Len who now runs the coaches is lovely he will accommodate your request but tell him your plans as will panic if you’re not on way back !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 13:32 - Sep 3 with 1435 viewsterryb

I hope you're having a great weekend nix.

You do realise that you've got to combine all remaining away games with staying overnight in the area?
Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 13:42 - Sep 3 with 1386 viewsstowmarketrange

Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 13:32 - Sep 3 by terryb

I hope you're having a great weekend nix.

You do realise that you've got to combine all remaining away games with staying overnight in the area?

And take your luggage and leave it on the coach.
Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 13:44 - Sep 3 with 1372 viewsnix

I’ve had a brilliant time Terry thanks.

I could do a go fund me I guess. I’m quite cheap (stop it at the back) - Premier Inn and a Thai buffet…

Nice to meet some of the real stalwarts among the away fans. They were all very friendly and helpful as suggested on here.

Maybe we could all take it turns.
Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 13:49 - Sep 3 with 1341 viewsFredManRave

Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 13:44 - Sep 3 by nix

I’ve had a brilliant time Terry thanks.

I could do a go fund me I guess. I’m quite cheap (stop it at the back) - Premier Inn and a Thai buffet…

Nice to meet some of the real stalwarts among the away fans. They were all very friendly and helpful as suggested on here.

Maybe we could all take it turns.

Bagsy not Stoke or Preston.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Advice about Travelling on Saturday on 00:12 - Sep 4 with 1202 viewskomradkirk

love the north east games and staying over in the toon.
after a spritely 30 minute flight across the pond and a 15 min metro ride into newcastle i then got a service bus to middlesbrough which took two and a half hours.
but it was worth every minute for the performance on the pitch and the atmosphere in the away end.
got a megabus back to the toon which was only 1.25 hours.
roll on sunderland away paddys day weekend
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024