Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? 06:45 - Sep 25 with 3667 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60929/liam-cullen-ready-

Cullen latest, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 09:11 - Sep 25 with 2538 viewsRichardO

Would you want him to leave?
At the moment we need the a number of different options up front, he has shown that he now has enough experience and skills to be part of a winning team at this level. He has provided both goals and assists and with the loss of Ginnelly (hopefully not for too long🤞🏻) don't we need keep capable players in the squad.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 9:13]
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 09:27 - Sep 25 with 2517 viewsWhiterockin

He is contracted until the end of the season and we have an option for another 12 months. Various websites have his salary at £2,500 a week, I was lead to believe it was a little more but not much. Now this to the man in the street is decent wages, but not in comparison to other players in the squad. Going to Blackburn could treble his wages, we need to give him a new contract now with what he is worth or wish him luck and let him go. Personally I think he should be on the same wages as Paterson, but that's only my opinion.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 09:28 - Sep 25 with 2516 viewsjack247

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 09:11 - Sep 25 by RichardO

Would you want him to leave?
At the moment we need the a number of different options up front, he has shown that he now has enough experience and skills to be part of a winning team at this level. He has provided both goals and assists and with the loss of Ginnelly (hopefully not for too long🤞🏻) don't we need keep capable players in the squad.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 9:13]

Definitely not
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 09:48 - Sep 25 with 2478 viewsRichardO

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 09:27 - Sep 25 by Whiterockin

He is contracted until the end of the season and we have an option for another 12 months. Various websites have his salary at £2,500 a week, I was lead to believe it was a little more but not much. Now this to the man in the street is decent wages, but not in comparison to other players in the squad. Going to Blackburn could treble his wages, we need to give him a new contract now with what he is worth or wish him luck and let him go. Personally I think he should be on the same wages as Paterson, but that's only my opinion.

Paterson has a different skill set he has some good points but if his contract was upped after his issues would you want to pay Cullen that much, I would agreed that his contract does need looking at.
As for Paterson he does seem to like that left hand side but I have seen him unable to bring in the left winger into play because his natural instinct is to cut inside, Ginnelly in one game was causing havoc when brought on then Paterson came on and Ginnelly's supply dried up, on Saturday the main supplier to him was Pedersen to good effect.

The team still trying to find it's feet with the introduction of so many new players.
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 09:49 - Sep 25 with 2471 viewsDr_Winston

Let's be honest here, he's not very good.

A willing worker and he does have a knack for positioning, but when it comes to the basics there's a lot missing. His first touch in particular is woeful. If the price is right then he's not someone that I'd lose sleep over shifting.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 10:55 - Sep 25 with 2368 viewshobo

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 09:49 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

A willing worker and he does have a knack for positioning, but when it comes to the basics there's a lot missing. His first touch in particular is woeful. If the price is right then he's not someone that I'd lose sleep over shifting.

Disagree, better than average Championship player and a hard worker. Needs a new contract
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 10:58 - Sep 25 with 2356 viewsKeithHaynes

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 10:55 - Sep 25 by hobo

Disagree, better than average Championship player and a hard worker. Needs a new contract

The Swans have a one year option in January ish. If not he can go for nought come the end of the season.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 11:17 - Sep 25 with 2329 viewspencoedjack

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 09:49 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

This ^

If he wasn't a local lad he'd be getting slated week in week out.
Login to get fewer ads

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 11:41 - Sep 25 with 2280 viewsRichardO

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 11:17 - Sep 25 by pencoedjack

This ^

Why? As for a bad first touch that can be a result of not being decided on what to do with the incoming ball, what options available to the receiving player and the quality of the ball into them.
If you are a player with his back to the defenders it is the player passing the ball who has to provide both, seen Cullen make positions off defenders available for quality balls to cut open defenses, Patino passing showed that to good effect leaving Cullen in to score,sure someone will remember which game that was this season.
We can blame the forwards if you want to but our problems have lain in the midfield for some time now.
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 12:19 - Sep 25 with 2232 viewsjasper_T

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 11:17 - Sep 25 by pencoedjack

This ^

Been better than Yates this season.
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 13:05 - Sep 25 with 2156 viewsDr_Winston

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 12:19 - Sep 25 by jasper_T

Been better than Yates this season.

No he hasn't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 13:30 - Sep 25 with 2104 viewsangryjack

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 13:05 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

No he hasn't.

Yes he has and I dint rate either,but yeates,is a headless chivken
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 14:41 - Sep 25 with 2030 viewsraynor94

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 13:30 - Sep 25 by angryjack

Yes he has and I dint rate either,but yeates,is a headless chivken

Yet has scored 3 goals in a struggling team

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 14:48 - Sep 25 with 2024 viewsRichardO

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 14:41 - Sep 25 by raynor94

Headless chicken who knows to lift the ball over an on rushing goalie instead of hitting it as hard as they can and the ball being smothered/ blocked by the keeper.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 15:33]
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 15:59 - Sep 25 with 1955 viewsguthrieintherain

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 14:41 - Sep 25 by raynor94

Yes 3 in 8 carry at this rate and he will get 17.

And that's in a team that has struggled to create much.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 16:06 - Sep 25 with 1949 viewsFireboy2

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 14:48 - Sep 25 by RichardO

Headless chicken who knows to lift the ball over an on rushing goalie instead of hitting it as hard as they can and the ball being smothered/ blocked by the keeper.

Been told countless times how good Yates is, he has struggled at times but at other times he has looked good.

He like several others will get better as they play together more.
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 16:56 - Sep 25 with 1893 viewspencoedjack

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 13:05 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

No he hasn't.

No comparison Dr.

I am sure you (as I do) would love Cullen to come good, personally I can't see it happening

Yates
Games goals
2014–2020 Rotherham United 47 (2)
2015 → Harrogate Railway Athletic (loan) 3 (2)
2015–2016 → Harrogate Town (loan) 8 (4)
2018–2019 → Carlisle United (loan) 23 (6)
2019–2020 → Swindon Town (loan) 31 (13)
2020–2023 Blackpool 124 (42)
2023– Swansea City 8 (3)

Cullen
Games (goals)
2018– Swansea City 68 (11)
2022 → Lincoln City (loan) 20 (1)
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 16:56]
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 16:57 - Sep 25 with 1890 viewsAnotherJohn

Perhaps Yates did this for Blackpool? My memory may be a bit dodgy, but I thought his goals for us came from two headers and a low shot from distance. Hopefully Jerry will show off his little dinks soon.
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 17:24 - Sep 25 with 1864 viewsItchySphincter

He’s a good player. He’ll develop in to a fine no.10 at this level, under the right manager.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 19:12 - Sep 25 with 1759 viewsRichardO

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 16:57 - Sep 25 by AnotherJohn

Perhaps Yates did this for Blackpool? My memory may be a bit dodgy, but I thought his goals for us came from two headers and a low shot from distance. Hopefully Jerry will show off his little dinks soon.

He had one for us as it was crossed to the edge of the six yard box and the goalkeeper closed him down very quickly can't remember against who but I'm sure I didn't dream it🙂
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 20:03 - Sep 25 with 1701 viewsjack247

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 19:12 - Sep 25 by RichardO

He had one for us as it was crossed to the edge of the six yard box and the goalkeeper closed him down very quickly can't remember against who but I'm sure I didn't dream it🙂

It was Cullen ironically enough. Genuinely surprised at the number who don’t rate one or other of these players.
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 20:24 - Sep 25 with 1674 viewsSullutaCreturned

Wasn't that Patino?
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 20:31 - Sep 25 with 1670 viewsjack247

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 20:24 - Sep 25 by SullutaCreturned

Wasn't that Patino?

I think he means the first home game. He didn’t chip the keeper like Patino on Saturday. It was more guided above his reach
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 20:50 - Sep 25 with 1662 viewsRichardO

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 20:31 - Sep 25 by jack247

I think he means the first home game. He didn’t chip the keeper like Patino on Saturday. It was more guided above his reach

Yes the goalkeeper tried to spread himself by diving cross in front of Yates but instead of blasting it he lifted his shot over the diving keeper. Just checked it was the Birmingham game and yes Cullen did put the cross in after a pass from Darling into Grimes higher up the pitch (halfway line)and Grimes playing the ball first time in behind the defence.
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 23:17 - Sep 25 with 1564 viewsonehunglow

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 20:03 - Sep 25 by jack247

It was Cullen ironically enough. Genuinely surprised at the number who don’t rate one or other of these players.

I’m surprised so many average players deemed somehow great by our fan base
Gower the pigeon killer , de Guzman the penalty stealer ,Naughton the deceptively slow ,all decent but utterly deified without reason.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024