Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The obsession ? 19:28 - Oct 7 with 2107 viewsKeithHaynes

I’ve been sent a link to a Cardiff forum that complains about Swansea being obsessed with them.
On a thread about Swansea being obsessed with them on a Cardiff forum. I think once they admit that both clubs fans see the derby game as a real rivalry they may well settle down. I suppose it’s hard to say it is having been belted around the park for years. I mean they haven’t shut up about their only win in ten years at Ninian. Or does one win make their summer ?

Am I missing something ?

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=235947&sid=94a92f

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The obsession ? on 01:30 - Oct 8 with 1815 viewsRhonddaSwans

Let them have their 5 mins that loss sparked our season into life!

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

The obsession ? on 04:23 - Oct 8 with 1770 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It will be interesting to see how they do without Ramsey.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The obsession ? on 07:23 - Oct 8 with 1734 viewsjack247

There are more threads about Southampton on here. It’s the two biggest games of the season, but no more than that.
The obsession ? on 12:48 - Oct 8 with 1554 viewsKeithHaynes

The obsession ? on 07:23 - Oct 8 by jack247

There are more threads about Southampton on here. It’s the two biggest games of the season, but no more than that.

I think that’s to be expected. There a few Swans fans who can’t separate the football ( or attempt to play football ) from the coach ( RM ) who tried to implement it. Maybe it’s a sign of the times and the demographic of football forums these days,

The obsession ? on 13:13 - Oct 8 with 1530 viewsonehunglow

The obsession ? on 12:48 - Oct 8 by KeithHaynes

I think that’s to be expected. There a few Swans fans who can’t separate the football ( or attempt to play football ) from the coach ( RM ) who tried to implement it. Maybe it’s a sign of the times and the demographic of football forums these days,

I just get suspicious with chaps who part their hair on the right ,apart from Laudrup,obviously .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The obsession ? on 19:07 - Oct 8 with 1421 viewspencoedjack

As normal after an average start to the season the Basseys in work were already talking about the play offs.

Couple of weeks ago saying surely Duff will be sacked, my normal response of you worry about yourselves we’ll worry about us.

I despise them.
The obsession ? on 19:48 - Oct 8 with 1382 viewsSullutaCreturned

That's a funny thing to say, how we play football, or attempt to play it is directly linked to the coach, there can't be a seperation.

Or are we not going to give credit anymore to Laudrup or Rodgers for what we achieved under them?

They get credit and they also get blame when it goes wrong, after all the clubs never sack the players after a bad run but a coach can come and be gone after 10 games.

As for the bassey's obsession, they claim we are obsessed with them yet we are their biggest crowd of the season and they go on about beating us for ages, I guess the last 10 years have been very hard.
I'm not sure they understand banter because having a go at your rivals is a big thing in football.
The obsession ? on 19:51 - Oct 8 with 1381 viewsjack247

I agree. It will be the same when Duff eventually moves on. I just think Russell Martin has a bigger claim than Cardiff City in that regard. Even then it’s only a small minority.
Login to get fewer ads

The obsession ? on 20:24 - Oct 8 with 1359 viewsSullutaCreturned

The obsession ? on 19:51 - Oct 8 by jack247

I agree. It will be the same when Duff eventually moves on. I just think Russell Martin has a bigger claim than Cardiff City in that regard. Even then it’s only a small minority.

But haven't we always talked about previous managers/coaches? Heck, even Toshack comes up now and then.
The obsession ? on 20:25 - Oct 8 with 1358 viewsonehunglow

The obsession ? on 19:48 - Oct 8 by SullutaCreturned

That's a funny thing to say, how we play football, or attempt to play it is directly linked to the coach, there can't be a seperation.

Or are we not going to give credit anymore to Laudrup or Rodgers for what we achieved under them?

They get credit and they also get blame when it goes wrong, after all the clubs never sack the players after a bad run but a coach can come and be gone after 10 games.

As for the bassey's obsession, they claim we are obsessed with them yet we are their biggest crowd of the season and they go on about beating us for ages, I guess the last 10 years have been very hard.
I'm not sure they understand banter because having a go at your rivals is a big thing in football.

I agree with Keith here,Cat
Martin was a Svengali like figure
It’s a pity he wasn’t as bright .
His legacy saw Duff with major problems earlynon with traumatised players
That should be obvious now.
Our players are playing with smiles on faces
That is down to the coach

The obsession ? on 20:33 - Oct 8 with 1344 viewsjack247

The obsession ? on 20:24 - Oct 8 by SullutaCreturned

But haven't we always talked about previous managers/coaches? Heck, even Toshack comes up now and then.

Yes. I just mean it’s difficult for Cardiff fans to claim we’re obsessed with them when they get less airtime than Martin/Southampton.
The obsession ? on 20:35 - Oct 8 with 1338 viewsKeithHaynes

The obsession ? on 20:25 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

I agree with Keith here,Cat
Martin was a Svengali like figure
It’s a pity he wasn’t as bright .
His legacy saw Duff with major problems earlynon with traumatised players
That should be obvious now.
Our players are playing with smiles on faces
That is down to the coach

I’m pretty certain they aren’t traumatised. 😂

The obsession ? on 20:36 - Oct 8 with 1336 viewsmagicdaps10

Because we have had the upper hand and more success in the last 15 years, it's normal and obvious that they are playing things down and twisting things to us being obsessed.

You could see how much their recent victory meant against us and so it should. Playing things down and trying to spin things is all it is.

Clear and obvious.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The obsession ? on 20:42 - Oct 8 with 1328 viewsonehunglow

The obsession ? on 20:35 - Oct 8 by KeithHaynes

I’m pretty certain they aren’t traumatised. 😂

I’m pretty certain they were thought I use the word in its broadest context .
No way wS Cabango ,for example,as comfortable this season as he was last .

The obsession ? on 21:09 - Oct 8 with 1292 viewsWhiterockin

The obsession ? on 20:42 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

I’m pretty certain they were thought I use the word in its broadest context .
No way wS Cabango ,for example,as comfortable this season as he was last .

Cabango was very shaky when we were 3 at the back this season as he was when we were last season. He is much better playing a flat back four. So is Dalling for that matter, while IMO Wood is more suited to a three.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The obsession ? on 22:06 - Oct 8 with 1236 viewsBoundy

The obsession ? on 19:48 - Oct 8 by SullutaCreturned

I witnessed a strange event today, after a friendly game of rugby in Bassey's heartland of Canton in which the home side were roundly thrashed 50 + points to 5 by a youth side from Bonymaen , after the usual clapping off of the winners (who incidentally were held back from scoring more by the home ref due to some debatable decisions) chants of " 2-0" were heard from the home side players .They are a strange lot indeed

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The obsession ? on 09:27 - Oct 9 with 1092 viewsKeithHaynes

The obsession ? on 22:06 - Oct 8 by Boundy

I witnessed a strange event today, after a friendly game of rugby in Bassey's heartland of Canton in which the home side were roundly thrashed 50 + points to 5 by a youth side from Bonymaen , after the usual clapping off of the winners (who incidentally were held back from scoring more by the home ref due to some debatable decisions) chants of " 2-0" were heard from the home side players .They are a strange lot indeed

One win having been thrashed and humbled over recent years.
Not that there’s a rivalry mind.

The obsession ? on 09:48 - Oct 9 with 1076 viewsBoundy

The obsession ? on 09:27 - Oct 9 by KeithHaynes

One win having been thrashed and humbled over recent years.
Not that there’s a rivalry mind.

That result of theirs will go down in folklore ,murals are being painted as I type

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024