Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED 21:06 - Oct 29 with 12201 viewsModeratorC

Big bad Bobby Madley returns to Swansea.
That’s the news in this game.

Swansea City v Sunderland (15:00)
ROBERT MADLEY
Craig Taylor and Robert Merchant
Fourth Official : Ben Atkinson

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61196/josh-key-out-until

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61201/mad-bob-the-englis

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61209/rushworth-on-top-o

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:33 - Oct 31 with 6069 viewsNotLoyal

Ow oi Skurveees ...

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:36 - Oct 31 with 6065 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:33 - Oct 31 by NotLoyal

Ow oi Skurveees ...

Eu oop

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:38 - Oct 31 with 6057 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:36 - Oct 31 by onehunglow

Eu oop

i see the boss man has sorted out the degenerates on here,

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 20:47 - Oct 31 with 6013 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:38 - Oct 31 by NotLoyal

Room for a few more.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 21:33 - Oct 31 with 5957 viewsbuilthjack

At the moment, we are looking at a 16000 crowd. Pi££ poor.
Let’s hope our “fans” wake up.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 21:35 - Oct 31 with 5958 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 21:33 - Oct 31 by builthjack

It's only Tuesday you drama queen 🙄
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 21:37 - Oct 31 with 5954 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 21:35 - Oct 31 by Fireboy2

It's only Tuesday you drama queen 🙄

It’s almost Wednesday

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 21:37 - Oct 31 with 5955 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 21:37 - Oct 31 by builthjack

It’s almost Wednesday

Muppet.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 22:32 - Oct 31 with 5904 viewsWhiterockin

Supporting a football team is an enjoyable habit, start to miss a few and you break the habit and start to drift away. The availability of streaming adds to this problem, you can be a fan without being a supporter. The club are trying to make the match day experience more enjoyable but following the American model, who wants a 60 second firework display prior to kick off and "the half term experience". They need to target supporters in a way to appeal to them, realistic family prices on one off tickets, decent food and drink at realistic prices and not beer in paper cups. When times are tough and the team is average you cannot just expect supporters to turn up.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 00:18 - Nov 1 with 5847 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 22:32 - Oct 31 by Whiterockin

Supporting a football team is an enjoyable habit, start to miss a few and you break the habit and start to drift away. The availability of streaming adds to this problem, you can be a fan without being a supporter. The club are trying to make the match day experience more enjoyable but following the American model, who wants a 60 second firework display prior to kick off and "the half term experience". They need to target supporters in a way to appeal to them, realistic family prices on one off tickets, decent food and drink at realistic prices and not beer in paper cups. When times are tough and the team is average you cannot just expect supporters to turn up.

Agree. They need to do something affordable to fill empty seats.
They send fans surveys out but I am certain they don’t read them.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 08:06 - Nov 1 with 5772 viewsAzzuriswan

We are talking about a mid table championship team here. Many supporters declined the chance to renew their season tickets last season due to the Martin effect. Those lost souls will now probably pick and choose games to watch live or on streams etc for the moment. Later in the season if we are in or near the play offs with a good chance to progress crowds will increase with the "I was there factor"
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 09:15 - Nov 1 with 5728 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 00:18 - Nov 1 by builthjack

Agree. They need to do something affordable to fill empty seats.
They send fans surveys out but I am certain they don’t read them.

Lip service is the term.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 09:18 - Nov 1 with 5717 viewsSwans9

If I was going to use an excuse not to go sat I would blame the rain. Over half of our home games every season seems to be a rain fest. I would take a draw sat every point helps in the championship. I am going to get the bus down but walking from park and ride can still result in a wet coat. Hopefully number 4 is there before 34.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 09:21 - Nov 1 with 5714 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 09:18 - Nov 1 by Swans9

If I was going to use an excuse not to go sat I would blame the rain. Over half of our home games every season seems to be a rain fest. I would take a draw sat every point helps in the championship. I am going to get the bus down but walking from park and ride can still result in a wet coat. Hopefully number 4 is there before 34.

Another reason for low midweek attendances. If you need public transport to attend matches, you can't get home midweek.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 10:44 - Nov 1 with 5662 viewsAzzuriswan

The need for a decent bus service and more to the point the reopening of the Landore station would probably in itself boost crowds especially if there was a decent service in the evenings pre and post games....
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 10:53 - Nov 1 with 5654 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 10:44 - Nov 1 by Azzuriswan

The need for a decent bus service and more to the point the reopening of the Landore station would probably in itself boost crowds especially if there was a decent service in the evenings pre and post games....

Agreed. Those calling for a bigger stadium must surely understand that the infrastructure must be in place first. A bus shuttle service from the park and ride into the Quadrant and on to St Helens along the bus lanes should be a priority.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 11:56 - Nov 1 with 5619 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:38 - Oct 31 by NotLoyal

Missed you
Honest

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 14:27 - Nov 1 with 5547 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 09:21 - Nov 1 by Whiterockin

Another reason for low midweek attendances. If you need public transport to attend matches, you can't get home midweek.

I live so quite close to the Stadium but due to a physical defect walking down and back isn't an option , I 'm fortunate ( depends on your POV ) but I now have a blue badge which has been a godsend as its helped me parking closer to the ground although I must admit on a bad night to having two minds whether to attend but so far have resisted the temptation.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 14:57 - Nov 1 with 5537 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 14:27 - Nov 1 by Boundy

I live so quite close to the Stadium but due to a physical defect walking down and back isn't an option , I 'm fortunate ( depends on your POV ) but I now have a blue badge which has been a godsend as its helped me parking closer to the ground although I must admit on a bad night to having two minds whether to attend but so far have resisted the temptation.

You keep going for as long as you physically can boundy 👍
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 17:08 - Nov 1 with 5449 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 21:37 - Oct 31 by builthjack

It’s almost Wednesday

It’s definitely Weds now.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 17:39 - Nov 1 with 5429 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 17:08 - Nov 1 by KeithHaynes

It’s definitely Weds now.

It's nearly Thursday where you are Keith.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 09:23 - Nov 2 with 5202 viewsvetchonian

I understand where you are coming from with this but 16000 was about our attendance prior to the PL.We list a lot of "floating" fans following relegation the "boring" football of the last few seasons has turned others away. It doesn't help that streaming services allow fans to watch from their armchairs.
That said imagine 20 or so years ago turning to someone on the north bank and saying I can't believe we will only get 16000 on Saturday
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 9:23]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 10:24 - Nov 2 with 5163 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 09:23 - Nov 2 by vetchonian

I understand where you are coming from with this but 16000 was about our attendance prior to the PL.We list a lot of "floating" fans following relegation the "boring" football of the last few seasons has turned others away. It doesn't help that streaming services allow fans to watch from their armchairs.
That said imagine 20 or so years ago turning to someone on the north bank and saying I can't believe we will only get 16000 on Saturday
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 9:23]

And some will argue that the stadium is too small. IMO it's probably about right unless we have a prolonged run in the Premier League which is unlikely.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 11:08 - Nov 2 with 5140 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 10:24 - Nov 2 by Whiterockin

And some will argue that the stadium is too small. IMO it's probably about right unless we have a prolonged run in the Premier League which is unlikely.

We had 7 seasons in the PL of which 4 we were brilliant, hindsight is a great thing but we should have got the extra 10k sorted then, perhaps if we did we might not have gone down, we would be had extra money to pay for better players BUT we had owners ,no matter what they did previously, who shat their pants and couldn't wait to sell up.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 14:54 - Nov 2 with 5018 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 11:08 - Nov 2 by Fireboy2

We had 7 seasons in the PL of which 4 we were brilliant, hindsight is a great thing but we should have got the extra 10k sorted then, perhaps if we did we might not have gone down, we would be had extra money to pay for better players BUT we had owners ,no matter what they did previously, who shat their pants and couldn't wait to sell up.

Have to say that is how I feel.
Swansea council believed 20 000 was more than enough.
It was at the time but it showed none of the ambition the club had for higher ground.
Opportunity missed
Swansea should hold international fixtures

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024