Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday 23:21 - Oct 31 with 7712 viewsDannyPaddox

Like a lot of you, I’m sure, Ive spent the past 24 hours genning up on our man Marti. I’ve ingested so much tactical technical knowledge that it’s oozing from my cerebellum and trickling out of my ears. Inverted fullbacks, asymmetrical number eights, oscillating presses, semi-permeable through balls, gaussian set-pieces, roving pentacular midfield nano-presses, throw-ins! throw-ins that reach your team-mates!

I’m prepared to be patient and for there be a period of transition, but serious question, how much effective knowledge, which can be immediately applied, can he impart to the team in the four full days between being appointed and his first game away at Rotherham on Saturday?

I’m fascinated to know how we’ll line up Saturday and who will be the personnel. I’m just wondering how much info he can expect to give them in such a short space of time without people’s heads exploding.

Those in the know have said he’s half been expecting to be appointed Rs manger for some time so he’s been keeping an eye on our performances (his ribs must be aching) so possibly he has an immediate plan in place. I just wonder how much he can expect to transform the team in the space of four days? Just asking cos we could do with the points.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 11:39 - Nov 1 with 1823 viewsdmm

Springett
Hazell - Langley
Keen - Hunt - Sibley
Lazarus - Sanderson - Allen - Marsh - Morgan (R)
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 11:41 - Nov 1 with 1815 viewsRangersw12

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 10:41 - Nov 1 by Rangersw12

Begovic

Paal
Cook
Kakay
Cannon

Field
Dixon Bonner
Chair

Smyth
Dykes
Armstrong

Strap yourselves in chaps !!

Central midfield and the Defence clearly an issue but can't think of alternatives with the current suspensions and injuries . God knows what he will do if Cook is unfit

Just remembered Dunne is back from suspension so would have him in to replace Kakay
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 11:52 - Nov 1 with 1760 viewsBurnleyhoop

Begovic

Paal
Cook
Kakay
Cannon

Field
Dixon Bonner
Chair

Smyth
Dykes
Armstrong

Central midfield and the Defence clearly an issue but can't think of alternatives with the current suspensions and injuries . God knows what he will do if Cook is unfit

So, we are going back to actually trying to play the ball on the deck and you go with Armstrong and Dykes up front, with no room for Chair or Willock?

Not sure Marti will go for that, but do look forward to seeing what he comes up with. At least we face this game with some optimism as opposed to dire trepidation. Not having to look at Gareth in his bleedin shit kickers and dodgy leather jacket will also be a relief.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 13:20 - Nov 1 with 1574 viewsRangersw12

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 11:52 - Nov 1 by Burnleyhoop

So, we are going back to actually trying to play the ball on the deck and you go with Armstrong and Dykes up front, with no room for Chair or Willock?

Not sure Marti will go for that, but do look forward to seeing what he comes up with. At least we face this game with some optimism as opposed to dire trepidation. Not having to look at Gareth in his bleedin shit kickers and dodgy leather jacket will also be a relief.

I've got Chair in the side !?
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 15:48 - Nov 1 with 1429 viewsjoolsyp

Begovic

Paal
Cook
Kakay
Cannon

Field
Dixon Bonner
Chair

Smyth
Dykes
Armstrong

I’d have Willock in for Armstrong. I think we may start to see Chair playing a bit deeper under Marti.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 15:58 - Nov 1 with 1378 viewsTheChef

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 15:48 - Nov 1 by joolsyp

I’d have Willock in for Armstrong. I think we may start to see Chair playing a bit deeper under Marti.

I can't see Armstrong starting unless Dykes gets injured. Useful off the bench though.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 16:18 - Nov 1 with 1326 viewsNorthantsHoop

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 15:48 - Nov 1 by joolsyp

Agree needs to actually make Chair a central midfield play maker and driving forward from there, he is wasted out wide. Get Willock to have the freedom to roam off Dykes and take the play out wide if needed. If we have any chance of surviving in the Championship it will require Willock to start firing and Chair to up his game and become the type of player that will attract a decent sale.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 16:23 - Nov 1 with 1297 viewsAndybrat

I really see Cannon right side of midfield, he looks a genuine talent ( mind u I have only seen 90 minutes) at this level. Assuming JCS out ( he is our best ball playing centre half) Dunne in and Ozzie RB. Steve Cook being fit is so important
Login to get fewer ads

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 16:33 - Nov 1 with 1250 viewsdannyblue

Gonna be tough with limited squad availability ('the best ability'). I'd also wondered about Paal central...and I'm not embarrassed to daydream about some kind of reverse Clive Wilson masterstroke.

My guess:

Willock Dykes Chair
Paal Field EDB
Larkeche Dunne Kakay Cannon

Alternatively if he wants to stick with 3 at the back because it's all so makeshift and because he wasn't too disheartened by the leicester performance...

Dykes
Willock Chair
Larkeche Paal Field Adomah (I'd have Smyth)
Dunne Kakay Cannon
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 16:53 - Nov 1 with 1178 viewsfrancisbowles

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 08:12 - Nov 1 by BrianMcCarthy

"But has he been able to actually work with the players due to the work permit situation?"

I've been wondering that, too.

I imagine if anyone says he can't work with them, he can volunteer until his permit is sorted. He might have to sit upstairs on Saturday though, if still unresolved.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 16:57 - Nov 1 with 1160 viewsWokingR

If he hasn't gotten onto the training ground with them today, that probably only leaves tomorrow as presumably they will be travelling Friday and then playing Saturday ?
That is some crash course they've got coming their way.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 16:57 - Nov 1 with 1159 viewsAirtomoreira

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 16:53 - Nov 1 by francisbowles

I imagine if anyone says he can't work with them, he can volunteer until his permit is sorted. He might have to sit upstairs on Saturday though, if still unresolved.

You would have to assume that the Club would not release an "official" first interview with him unless the permit situation had been resolved....wouldn't you?
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 17:36 - Nov 1 with 1069 viewsHoopie

Given injuries / suspensions I expect...

Begovic

Canon Cook (Kakay if Cook injured) Dunne Paal
Field Dixon-Boner
Chair
Smith Dykes Willock

We are obviously short in the middle and can't afford for Field to play CB
If Willock isn't going to try for Marti, then he wont try for anyone.

Armstrong needs a loan lower down the pyramid (wont happen with our small squad) otherwise he will not develop. Maybe another club can teach him the offside rule.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 17:41 - Nov 1 with 1055 viewsQPRConor2000

I recon he might go 4-3-3

Begovic

Paal - Dunne - Cook - Cannon
Field - Colback - Dixon Bonner
Chair - Dykes - Willock

I would imagine if Cook is still not 100 percent fit then Field might drop into that role and we may end up playing a back 3, Cifuentes has played that at Hammerby before btw.

I think reverting back to this possession based style might actually suit the likes of Chair and Willock, we might potentially see the best of them again.

Very interested to see how he sets us up come Saturday.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 17:45 - Nov 1 with 1039 viewslassel

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 17:41 - Nov 1 by QPRConor2000

I recon he might go 4-3-3

Begovic

Paal - Dunne - Cook - Cannon
Field - Colback - Dixon Bonner
Chair - Dykes - Willock

I would imagine if Cook is still not 100 percent fit then Field might drop into that role and we may end up playing a back 3, Cifuentes has played that at Hammerby before btw.

I think reverting back to this possession based style might actually suit the likes of Chair and Willock, we might potentially see the best of them again.

Very interested to see how he sets us up come Saturday.

Colback is suspended!
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 17:55 - Nov 1 with 1001 viewsDubaiR

Don't be shocked to see Koli start. He likes youth and technical ability
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 18:04 - Nov 1 with 952 viewsQPRConor2000

Oh yes, sorry.

Cant keep up with all these bloody announcements.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 18:56 - Nov 1 with 839 viewsderbyhoop

Colback and Dozzell suspended, but Dunne back. GA , who didnt give any team news to alert the opposition, had said Cook was close a week ago.
We might be a little stronger than we feared.

It's still a lot to do, preparing a team in 4 days. But the commitment was shown against Leicester, and a little bit of quality too. Memories of Boro away need to be dragged out again.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 19:04 - Nov 1 with 796 viewsQPRConor2000

Cook being fit would be massively welcome.

He can be a ball playing centre back, so would suit this new possession based style we are adopting now.

Question is whether we adopt a back 3 or a back 4, I recon its probably going to be a 4-3-3
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024