Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worse then 01 20:40 - Jan 14 with 8398 viewspaulhoop2

Some of you may not agree that’s the beauty of this forum but for me this lot are worse then last time we went down from the champ.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Worse then 01 on 20:47 - Jan 14 with 5435 viewscolinallcars

I've experienced all the relegations we've been through and for me, this is the worst. The relegations during the 'Arry years I don't count as we all knew what was going on. This season is like a suicide note.
Worse then 01 on 20:52 - Jan 14 with 5412 viewsqprxtc

Yes.

I never thought that side would ever be overtaken for dire football but this lot have.

Dire football plus their attitude. The 2001 team just aren’t good enough but I think they did their best worst.

This lot even when they do well, never ever look that good.

This is all bye the bye. All shit teams are shit.
Worse then 01 on 20:53 - Jan 14 with 5400 viewsDorse

Player for player, I'd say 01 was worse, but not necessarily in every position.
Rowlands? Dowie? Breacker? Ready? Get to fcuk.

However, give me Carlisle, Langley and Crouch over, say, Fox, Dozzell and Dykes (I would have included Maddix for Dunne but he had a bit of a shocker that year).

That 2000-01 team was so bad it actually caused people's IQ to drop simply by watching them.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Worse then 01 on 20:59 - Jan 14 with 5359 viewsbaz_qpr

That team was atrocious maybe only Crouch and Maddix get in this team won only 7
Worse then 01 on 21:12 - Jan 14 with 5273 viewscolinallcars

I'm always impressed with all the detail people remember about seasons long past.
My memory is patchier. Partly old age, partly I've always been three sheets to the wind on gaining entry to the ground.
Worse then 01 on 21:21 - Jan 14 with 5220 viewsmart_Goblin

The players in this team are not as bad as the 01 side .
But their mentality and intelligence is the worst I’ve ever seen down here.

That 01 side was just full of poor players mostly.
This lot are technically ok for the most part.
They just can’t hold it together through nearly any football match without shooting themselves in the foot. Weak, stupid, gutless and spineless.

I saw Armstrong come off today looking distraught.

I saw the captain, for example walking off smiling and waving to people in the crowd.
Didn’t look bothered in the slightest, despite looking like a tree falling over for their first goal .
Worse then 01 on 21:28 - Jan 14 with 5182 viewsWatford_Ranger

Too young to really remember it well but looking at the team on paper it must have been dire.

The L1 years were quite a lot of fun. Lots of crap new grounds and even starting with basically no squad it was achievable to turn it around and compete as we did quite quickly. I can’t see where we’d even begin trying to do that again.
Worse then 01 on 21:28 - Jan 14 with 5176 viewscolinallcars

Worse then 01 on 21:21 - Jan 14 by mart_Goblin

They just can’t hold it together through nearly any football match without shooting themselves in the foot. Weak, stupid, gutless and spineless.

I saw the captain, for example walking off smiling and waving to people in the crowd.
Didn’t look bothered in the slightest, despite looking like a tree falling over for their first goal .

This is it….they, most of them, don't give two, er..hoots.
They know they'll be playing for someone else fairly soon. I don't normally wish ill on people but I hope their prospects are shall we say, limited.
Login to get fewer ads

Worse then 01 on 21:32 - Jan 14 with 5152 viewsmart_Goblin

Worse then 01 on 21:28 - Jan 14 by colinallcars

This is it….they, most of them, don't give two, er..hoots.
They know they'll be playing for someone else fairly soon. I don't normally wish ill on people but I hope their prospects are shall we say, limited.

I think most are too bloody thick to realise that continual poor performance / poor results will only be detrimental to their future plans .

But you are spot on. They’ll all be elsewhere and we’ll be a distant memory
Worse then 01 on 22:39 - Jan 14 with 4992 viewsBoston

We are now playing better football than the 01 squad, though we were strikingly similar when GA was at the helm

The big difference to me is that are fans are moodier.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Worse then 01 on 23:50 - Jan 14 with 4902 viewspaulhoop2

Good comments. Yes there is talent there but they are just not trying at all. Awful attitude I do sometimes think a good rollicking from the fans will shock them. Think of kiwomya away to Barnsley that year. Willock I’m pretty sure just stopped at one point in the 2nd half didn’t even want to chase it. Chairs attitude is appalling. Think I would prefer Ludo over Begovic !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Worse then 01 on 23:55 - Jan 14 with 4892 viewsTheChef

01 quite similar I reckon. Also had issues scoring. Holloway like Cifuentes came in to try and salvage the season but the team was long gone.

Can only Cifuentes can stick around to get us back up but it's a similar rebuild situation.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Worse then 01 on 00:08 - Jan 15 with 4879 viewsMidlands_Ranger

I actually meant to update this....the mentality is the worst I've ever seen...its so bad...the most fragile I can remember...terrible

Again apologies for the down vote this is a big upvote for that opening line
Worse then 01 on 01:17 - Jan 15 with 4792 viewsOakR

Our current team has way more talent than the 01 team, and since Marti has arrived, are playing far better.

01 was beyond painful. My memory is of players marking players without really ever tackling or blocking anything, it was just dire.

For me no comparison - I think there is more fight in the current team also - we just can't shoot.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Worse then 01 on 06:56 - Jan 15 with 4581 viewsGaryBannister86

Well spotted on Begovic. Also spent most of the five minutes before the game cuddling some bloke in the opposition. Shouldn't the Captain be focusing on his own team and performance before, during and after the game?

The bloke will just merrily take our wages and disappear upon relegation. He's also not even a very good goalkeeper, as shown today in contrast to the oppo's great save at the end.

I will repeat it ad nauseam - the bloke is not worthy of our support and I just don't get the point of him. Cook back in next week, and for God's sake Marti, give him the armband.
Worse then 01 on 07:25 - Jan 15 with 4526 viewsParkRoyalR

Worse then 01 on 06:56 - Jan 15 by GaryBannister86

Well spotted on Begovic. Also spent most of the five minutes before the game cuddling some bloke in the opposition. Shouldn't the Captain be focusing on his own team and performance before, during and after the game?

The bloke will just merrily take our wages and disappear upon relegation. He's also not even a very good goalkeeper, as shown today in contrast to the oppo's great save at the end.

I will repeat it ad nauseam - the bloke is not worthy of our support and I just don't get the point of him. Cook back in next week, and for God's sake Marti, give him the armband.

Said 3 things we needed to do immediately to start competing in + winning games was:

1) Drop Dozzell, Tick (& don't dare start him v Millwall)

2) Drop Zonal or get Dunne, Dykes + Field in key defensive positions, Tick

3) Change Captain, need an on-field Captain, yesterday's dropping deep lost that game, Cook whenfit if not Dunne as never hides.

Changing Captain is a statement this team needs + this Manager needs to make.
Worse then 01 on 07:59 - Jan 15 with 4431 viewsDiscodroids

nm
[Post edited 15 Jan 8:01]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Worse then 01 on 08:23 - Jan 15 with 4385 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I remember in several games Crouchy doing some clever flicks where someone should have been running but we were so rubbish they were not and he got stick for it. (I think it was Sammy Koejoe most of the time, my memory had slow Brett Angel but he was on the bench for the Play-off final so my head mixed up seasons).

Does anyone remember Fernando de Ornelas? I dont! Venezuelan International who played 2 games of us in 2001(in League 2) after 2 for Celtic with 4 games in HK in between. 27 Caps for Venezuela.

"His next move was to return to the Hong Kong league to play for South China AA, it was from here that he made his surprise return to British football in October 2001 when he was signed on a short term contract by QPR. Manager Ian Holloway threw him into the action as a late substitute in a game against Oldham Athletic, in which he didn't really do anything except earn himself a yellow card within about a minute of coming onto the pitch. He only ever made one more appearance for the club before being offloaded to Portuguese side Maritimo.

During his time in British football De Ornelas had three clubs, started six competitive games and appeared as a substitute in seven more, he never scored a goal in British football."

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Worse then 01 on 08:38 - Jan 15 with 4356 viewsPlanetHonneywood

That 01 team was the worst collection of hobos and fukwits to don the B&W in my time.

I've deleted them all save Crouch. Only one who tried and put a shift in. Only one that came over to us at the McAlpine and looked dustraught. I heard in the dressing room after the game, some so called pros were laughing at him in tears at being relegated!

Says it all that we compare this shower with the 01 vintage.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Worse then 01 on 08:48 - Jan 15 with 4341 viewssouthbound_tram

Wasn't around for 01 as moved to the UK, settled in West London and started supporting the R's in 2018. We are obviously unusually crap though. Was our string of defeats at home this year worse than 01? Did we score more in 01?
Worse then 01 on 08:52 - Jan 15 with 4320 viewsBAWHoops

The '01 side used to get gubbed 5-0 and such on a regular basis.This lot always do just enough to only lose by the odd goal.
I still think 01 is worse, but the inevitability of this from day 1 of the season has been awful

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Worse then 01 on 09:22 - Jan 15 with 4266 viewsFDC

Worse then 01 on 20:53 - Jan 14 by Dorse

Player for player, I'd say 01 was worse, but not necessarily in every position.
Rowlands? Dowie? Breacker? Ready? Get to fcuk.

However, give me Carlisle, Langley and Crouch over, say, Fox, Dozzell and Dykes (I would have included Maddix for Dunne but he had a bit of a shocker that year).

That 2000-01 team was so bad it actually caused people's IQ to drop simply by watching them.

Rowlands didn't sign until 2003, and my recollection is of him being a fan favourite? He was certainly my favourite player for a good while
Worse then 01 on 09:26 - Jan 15 with 4255 viewsWatford_Ranger

Worse then 01 on 09:22 - Jan 15 by FDC

Rowlands didn't sign until 2003, and my recollection is of him being a fan favourite? He was certainly my favourite player for a good while

Yes a good ‘servant’. Could play multiple positions and even take an occasional accurate set piece when that was trendy.
Worse then 01 on 09:27 - Jan 15 with 4254 viewsstowmarketrange

Worse then 01 on 21:32 - Jan 14 by mart_Goblin

I think most are too bloody thick to realise that continual poor performance / poor results will only be detrimental to their future plans .

But you are spot on. They’ll all be elsewhere and we’ll be a distant memory

Moving on to another club after a poor season isn’t as easy as it was in 2001,and some of these players will struggle to find new clubs to employ them.Look at Amos and Johansen still without clubs since leaving our basket case of a club.Although I’d take Amos over Dozzel any day of the week.
Worse then 01 on 09:27 - Jan 15 with 4253 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Worse then 01 on 08:52 - Jan 15 by BAWHoops

The '01 side used to get gubbed 5-0 and such on a regular basis.This lot always do just enough to only lose by the odd goal.
I still think 01 is worse, but the inevitability of this from day 1 of the season has been awful

To be fair, this has been a long time coming. This season is a manifestation of years of incompetence, that makes you wonder: if we could see this coming, did those at the helm do enough to divert the impending and/or what are they doing prepwise for what's next?

I hope Jonah Hill's laptop has the necessary algorithms to start addressing the rebirth. What a time to be ournew CEO.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024