Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League One Away Days 13:10 - Jan 30 with 7681 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not saying we are down, but I'll confess to browsing the League One and upper end of League Two recently.

One silver lining of potential relegation for me is about 20 odd new grounds.

In the event it happens, where is everyone looking forward to going?

League One Table
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/table

League Two Table
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/table
[Post edited 30 Jan 13:10]
League One Away Days on 17:18 - Jan 30 with 1911 viewsLblock

I've got the League One T-shirt

Yes it was fun but I was younger
Yes I ticked off a bundle of grounds
Yes we won a few more games than usual

But.......

Fcuk that.
I have absolutely no wish to revisit any of it and there is no silver lining.
I'll be more concerned of an ongoing implosion.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

League One Away Days on 17:19 - Jan 30 with 1909 viewsMrSheen

League One Away Days on 16:51 - Jan 30 by R_from_afar

At a conservative estimate, I have been to 100 different curry houses - I collect the business cards from them - and the one I went to in Barrow was one of only two in which the waiting staff were female. A propos to nothing haha

A friend of mine is a lawyer working on PFI contracts for the Ministry of Defence (glamour!). She went up to visit the submarine yard in Barrow once and learned that a fun thing to do of an evening there is to use a high-magnification periscope to look through people's windows. You have been warned.
League One Away Days on 18:00 - Jan 30 with 1822 viewsPeterHucker

League One Away Days on 16:51 - Jan 30 by R_from_afar

At a conservative estimate, I have been to 100 different curry houses - I collect the business cards from them - and the one I went to in Barrow was one of only two in which the waiting staff were female. A propos to nothing haha

Many years ago, me & my mate went for a curry in Keswick after a long and tiring walk up some mountains.
He had a very hot dish and started hallucinating that he could see the face of Jesus in the condensation on the windows.

Anyway.....
I've seen QPR play at 76 of the current 92 League clubs.

There are 6 current League 1 clubs that would be new ones for me, so I'm quite excited about the prospect of going to.....

Stevenage
Oxford Utd
Lincoln
Bristol Rovers
Shrewsbury
Carlisle

I live in the north west these days, so Barrow coming up via the playoffs would be good too.

Lincoln is the only English city that I've not been to as well, so if I get there next season then that list will be complete too.

Apart from the financial side of it, I think being in League 1 would be far more fun than another year of struggle and being Championship whipping boys.

And as mentioned on another thread, my big concern is that we somehow stay up this season and then we don't have the massive clearout of the playing squad that is so desperately needed.
League One Away Days on 18:06 - Jan 30 with 1805 viewsPunteR

F@k L1 !

Im looking forward to L2. That's where its at.!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

League One Away Days on 18:07 - Jan 30 with 1800 viewsRangersw12

8 new grounds for me but with 3 of those currently in the bottom 3 🙄
[Post edited 30 Jan 18:48]
League One Away Days on 18:10 - Jan 30 with 1788 viewspaulparker

League One Away Days on 17:18 - Jan 30 by Lblock

I've got the League One T-shirt

Yes it was fun but I was younger
Yes I ticked off a bundle of grounds
Yes we won a few more games than usual

But.......

Fcuk that.
I have absolutely no wish to revisit any of it and there is no silver lining.
I'll be more concerned of an ongoing implosion.

Totally agree
Didn’t the SKY commentary say we could miss out on 7 million pounds by going down ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

League One Away Days on 18:20 - Jan 30 with 1756 viewsPlanetHonneywood

League One Away Days on 18:10 - Jan 30 by paulparker

Totally agree
Didn’t the SKY commentary say we could miss out on 7 million pounds by going down ?

We'd only waste it!

So, quite prudent of the Boy Wonder with the magic mathematical algorithms, to ensure we avoid the whole sorry angst ridden saga of what to do with seven-mill, by dropping down a division. The guy can do no wrong as far as I can see.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

League One Away Days on 18:22 - Jan 30 with 1753 viewsPunteR

League One Away Days on 13:55 - Jan 30 by daveB

We said that when we got relegated in 2015

Yeh the reality of our situation while we have these owners is its probably gonna get worse.
The novelty of going to Shrewsbury Town after 8 years in L1 will wear off im sure.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

League One Away Days on 18:34 - Jan 30 with 1727 viewsHarbour

Don’t won’t to be too negative but finding it difficult to find any positives in a relegation for the club to L1. Seeing some clubs with much bigger attendances/finances struggle to get out the division suspect if we go down we will be down for a long time. As for trips to Port Vale Northampton etc…no thanks..
League One Away Days on 20:40 - Jan 30 with 1601 viewslangtoft

In the spirit that this thread was created, and as I flit between Lincolnshire and mid-Wales week by week, I'll look out for Lincoln, Cambridge, Stevenage, Harrogate, Posh, Shrewsbury and Wrexham and clear the diary.

Wouldn't choose for it to happen but whatever the level there are enough of us who have seen and done it before. It won't be the end of the world, no one will die and we may see some more wins than the last couple of seasons have offered. But then again maybe not but we never bought into this for the frequent, positive adrenalin rush
[Post edited 30 Jan 20:48]
League One Away Days on 20:46 - Jan 30 with 1591 viewsted_hendrix

Relegation will be a disaster for us and the club.

Relegation Is another word for failure, complete and utter failure.

I cant and dont want to get my head round It.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

League One Away Days on 20:47 - Jan 30 with 1581 viewsWegerles_Stairs

If we go down, Wimbledon are promoted and Sutton return to non-league, we could be the worst London side in the league next season. Quite the legacy for our owners.
League One Away Days on 20:49 - Jan 30 with 1582 viewsBoston

Any of these clubs still have terraces?

Oh yeah, there are female wait staff in the curry house as you head into Westfields. There are also male wait staff, if that's your thing.
[Post edited 30 Jan 20:51]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

League One Away Days on 20:55 - Jan 30 with 1554 viewsSpaceman_P

too early... don't bock us Bazza
League One Away Days on 08:50 - Jan 31 with 1348 viewsTheChef

League One Away Days on 17:17 - Jan 30 by joe90

Funny you should mention that, Vijaya Krishna in Tooting has female waiting staff and this was actually specifically mentioned by the person who recommended it to me.

Ps: It's a great restaurant.

Reckon we could have a whole thread on Curry Houses With Female Staff.

Only just occurred to me that every curry house I've been to only has male staff!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

League One Away Days on 09:36 - Jan 31 with 1319 viewsBAWHoops

League One Away Days on 20:47 - Jan 30 by Wegerles_Stairs

If we go down, Wimbledon are promoted and Sutton return to non-league, we could be the worst London side in the league next season. Quite the legacy for our owners.

That's a stunning stat.

Likelihood is we will be the second worse London side next season anyway which is incredible really.

I do think we are about to bottom out and finish 14th in League 1 next season

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

League One Away Days on 09:48 - Jan 31 with 1285 viewsTheChef

Whatever the season, we'll follow our team.

League One Away Days on 09:50 - Jan 31 with 1285 viewsrobith

I can walk to Orient and one of my in laws lives in Cheltenham so that's handy
League One Away Days on 09:51 - Jan 31 with 1281 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Here’s a man preparing RfromAfar’s toilet paper delivery:

League One Away Days on 10:46 - Jan 31 with 1200 viewsToast_R

The novelty will wear off pretty quick when QPR are getting their arses handed to them on the road with the modern day version of Brett Angel ambling around up front.

Having said that, I really want to go to Mansfield and Shrewsbury away though. Might beg for a ticket if either of those come up next season.
[Post edited 31 Jan 10:47]
League One Away Days on 11:12 - Jan 31 with 1149 viewswelwynranger

League One Away Days on 13:39 - Jan 30 by Watford_Ranger

Only Fleetwood, Carlisle and Exeter I’ve not done in L1 and two of them are likely to go.

It’s a bit more southern at least. The Watford/Reading mad scramble for Orient and Stevenage tickets will be a highlight.

I live 10 minutes drive from Stevenage and know all the free parking spaces near the ground
If all else fails I would get a ticket in the stand behind the goal in the family stand using my address.
League One Away Days on 12:55 - Jan 31 with 1046 viewsKonk

Not saying you'll go down, but loads of good away games in League 1. I was very happily surprised by Burton - not the most picturesque of towns or best of grounds, but the Coopers is up there with any pub in the country for me. Lovely old boozer with a fire, great beer selection, quality Scotch eggs/Pork pies, and cheese & onion rolls. Really nice fella running it. Felt genuinely sad to be leaving there to go to the game and still feel sad that I might never return.

Gas, O's, Lincoln, Wigan, Exeter, Shrewsbury, Cambridge, Burton, Charlton, and Cheltenham are all good away days. If Stockport go up, that's decent as is Notts.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

League One Away Days on 12:58 - Jan 31 with 1021 viewsTheChef

League One Away Days on 12:55 - Jan 31 by Konk

Not saying you'll go down, but loads of good away games in League 1. I was very happily surprised by Burton - not the most picturesque of towns or best of grounds, but the Coopers is up there with any pub in the country for me. Lovely old boozer with a fire, great beer selection, quality Scotch eggs/Pork pies, and cheese & onion rolls. Really nice fella running it. Felt genuinely sad to be leaving there to go to the game and still feel sad that I might never return.

Gas, O's, Lincoln, Wigan, Exeter, Shrewsbury, Cambridge, Burton, Charlton, and Cheltenham are all good away days. If Stockport go up, that's decent as is Notts.

Yeah did Burton when they came up to the Championship - away terraces, also found a great microbrewery about ten minute walk from the ground.

Any Nottingham trip is usually good.

League One Away Days on 14:20 - Jan 31 with 903 viewsMytch_QPR

Mentally, I'm prepared for the dubious delights of League 1. I reckon our chances of survival are 50-50 at best and that's if Marti gets a tune out of Michi and we start bagging some goals.

I was also sneaking a look at the L1 table a couple of weeks back. I'm now living in Brecon where the roads and public transport make everywhere feel like a world away, but Shrewsbury would be an easy one, with Brizzle Rovers and Cheltenham also reachable. Pretty much everything else is likely to involve an overnight stay.

If we do go down I just hope Reading don't start improving. I could do without that lot telling us we're not fit to wear the hoops.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

League One Away Days on 21:00 - Jan 31 with 763 viewsSpaceman_P

League One Away Days on 09:51 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Here’s a man preparing RfromAfar’s toilet paper delivery:

Think we'll need this in May
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024