Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes 12:00 - Mar 25 with 4251 viewsFredManRave

I'm saying nothing.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/there-is-interest-sometimes-exclusive-lyndon-d

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 12:18 - Mar 25 with 4136 viewsLoftgirl

Interest from PL clubs?
Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 12:24 - Mar 25 with 4095 viewsderbyhoop

Clubs aspirations might be aligned but I don't think you can say the same about performances. Lyndon has gone from 12 goals, to 8, 8 and 4.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 12:38 - Mar 25 with 3999 viewsstevec

Multi talented player.

Chelsea are in desperate need of a CF, if they took him off our hands with a £50 million bid, we'd have been robbed.
Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 13:14 - Mar 25 with 3826 viewsTheChef

Tattoo artists?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 13:19 - Mar 25 with 3795 viewsStanisgod

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 12:18 - Mar 25 by Loftgirl

Interest from PL clubs?

I presume that's a joke right. Maybe Scottish prem.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 13:31 - Mar 25 with 3741 viewsToast_R

TBF I think he'd be reasonable in League One.
Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 15:38 - Mar 25 with 3350 viewsLoyalitat

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 12:24 - Mar 25 by derbyhoop

Clubs aspirations might be aligned but I don't think you can say the same about performances. Lyndon has gone from 12 goals, to 8, 8 and 4.

But he wins the occasional flick-on, largely misdirected mind. Those dire numbers, he's started in nearly 85% of the league games when available, are the fault of everyone else ranging from BoS, Chair, Willock, Anderson etc not playing the right kind of deft pass, early ball or correct type of cross to our static, non-predatory and nigh-on invisible number nine.
[Post edited 25 Mar 15:50]
Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 15:50 - Mar 25 with 3301 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 12:18 - Mar 25 by Loftgirl

Interest from PL clubs?

there were rumours a couple of years back of Burnley being interested after they sold Wood. I guess that counts.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 23:45 - Mar 25 with 2651 viewscolinallcars

Talk of moving Dykes on are very presumptuous.
Where would we find another four-goals-a-season striker .
Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 08:12 - Mar 26 with 2320 viewsgazza1

Best he will get is a Championship club who, for some unknown reason, think they can make him a good addition to their squad or is already a 'ready made' number 9 who will score goals.

I'd be shocked if we get anywhere near a million quid for him.
Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 10:09 - Mar 26 with 2136 viewsstantheman10

Dykes another astute Warburton signing.
Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 11:33 - Mar 26 with 2022 viewsenfieldargh

I think Will Keane has better stats than our Lyndon which when you consider how crap he was is testament to Dykes progression

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 13:11 - Mar 26 with 1868 viewsLblock

Really hoping he plays in the Euros and somehow bags a couple of goals

Someone somewhere will then surely bid for him

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 17:45 - Mar 26 with 1666 viewsstainrods_elbow

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 11:33 - Mar 26 by enfieldargh

I think Will Keane has better stats than our Lyndon which when you consider how crap he was is testament to Dykes progression

I suppose a good case could be made for Keane personifying the 'late bloomer'. Played 100+ games on a series of loans/short-term stays over a period of nine years (including 3 apps in 5 hears for Manure, where he started), during which time he somehow stumbled to an embarrassing 11 goals (0 for us). Then he went to Wigan, played in 120 games, and suddenly clocked up 50 goals in three years, effectively a fivefold increase in his strike rate, since when he's averaged roughly a goal every other game for Preston (almost all of which seem to be Heidar Helgusson-esque close-range headers or tap-ins).

Even at 31, on the face of it, we could do a lot worse than flog Dykes and offer him a two- (or even our standard three-) year contract.
[Post edited 26 Mar 17:48]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 19:11 - Mar 26 with 1558 viewsBurnleyhoop

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 15:50 - Mar 25 by Antti_Heinola

there were rumours a couple of years back of Burnley being interested after they sold Wood. I guess that counts.

Replacing Wood with a plank. Seems pointless.
Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 20:39 - Mar 26 with 1471 viewsnumptydumpty

Commentary on moment in play for Scotland tonight

"20: CHANCE! Dykes is played in behind the Northern Ireland defence and ruffles a few feathers with his direct, charging run as Peacock-Farrell spills the ball.

Northern Ireland are able to mop up the loose ball but anything could have happened there. Great centre-forward play from the Scotland man."

Last sentence challenges me !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 20:45 - Mar 26 with 1436 viewsSuperhoops2808

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 20:39 - Mar 26 by numptydumpty

Commentary on moment in play for Scotland tonight

"20: CHANCE! Dykes is played in behind the Northern Ireland defence and ruffles a few feathers with his direct, charging run as Peacock-Farrell spills the ball.

Northern Ireland are able to mop up the loose ball but anything could have happened there. Great centre-forward play from the Scotland man."

Last sentence challenges me !!!

Why? Everyone knows he plays better for his country than us
Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 00:00 - Mar 27 with 1301 viewsbosh67

I like Dykes and the fact that he played the end of last season after having severe pneumonia. That showed guts and commitment. I like that he continues to play through things but for god sake fella put the ball in the net on a day that isn't your birthday or against Reading.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 00:27 - Mar 27 with 1287 viewsnumptydumpty

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 00:00 - Mar 27 by bosh67

I like Dykes and the fact that he played the end of last season after having severe pneumonia. That showed guts and commitment. I like that he continues to play through things but for god sake fella put the ball in the net on a day that isn't your birthday or against Reading.

I have nothing against him for commitment and guts either but his lack of nous in being in the right place or taking half chances or even taking any chance has proven that centre forward is not a position that comes naturally to him.

He had couple of games for us in a midfield role or slightly more deep lying forward, where there is not the need or expectation to score goals because that's the part of his game he struggles with.

Strange that, considering he plays as a number nine !!!!
[Post edited 27 Mar 0:28]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 11:33 - Mar 27 with 1001 viewssaxbend

On recent performances, Dykes is really an excellent midfielder who occasionally chips in with a few goals. We have a decent number of those now, so he is being helpful enough to play as a forward when we need one.
Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 11:41 - Mar 27 with 972 viewsParkRoyalR

Rangers going in the same direction as Dykes on 11:33 - Mar 27 by saxbend

On recent performances, Dykes is really an excellent midfielder who occasionally chips in with a few goals. We have a decent number of those now, so he is being helpful enough to play as a forward when we need one.

Cue pile on...

Scottish commentators explained in some depth last night why Clarke had reverted to his best team and picked Dykes to start ahead of Che Adams & Lawrence Shankland, ie how the team is set up to score goals from midfield, interesting comparison to how Warburton set us up with the goal-scoring 10's, fine with Eze & Willock in the team, less so without them...

Anyhow, thought he was full of running, did well enough in the air and with his lay-offs, nearly got on the end of one of their few chances as made some good early runs, and they were noticeably playing early crosses into the box for him with the commentators remarking on the poor quality of their crosses and they needed more than just Dykes in the box as Northern Ireland with 3 Centre Backs and a low-block defended well, especially after going a goal up..

If he plays like that on Friday he will be an asset to our team as he was for those games before his last run-out..hear's hoping.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024