Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where is everyone? Defence solutions 08:10 - Oct 2 with 3078 viewsNathanNI

That jumped on anyone that said anything negative?

A few posts of concern where batted away with a straight bat and a condescending remark or two? Everyone (well almost everyone) seems to have sh1t the bed last night.

Personally I think we are going to be ok, we have too much quality to go down (I'm aware this has been said before)

Hughes has to sort out the back 4, I know injuries play a part, but we were screaming at Nedum (or the back 4 in general) to pick up Jarvis on the left as in F Block we had a perfect view of the space he had for their 1st goal. but he stayed glued to the middle and low and behold, unmarked.

How that second cross came across too, players are not doing enough to stop danger at source, right through the team this is happening. We look so soft, teams seem to run thought us at will.

Another tough game on saturday, but a break after that... lock the defence in Harlington, tape them all to each other with gaffa tape, make them feed each other, or blind fold them and make them catch each other... do something with them!

Human centipede?

Too much?

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 08:27 - Oct 2 with 3055 viewsQPRski

Nathan you are correct and I don't understnad the aggression suddently on this site.

Everyone is frustrated for sure and I personaly cannot understand our inconstistencies, with flashes (or 45 minutes) of brillance preceded or followed sloppiness snd non existance.

I look forward to your analysis and hope tht eveyone will have clamed down by then.

Perhaps we all forget that "we are QPR" and we do things "the QPR way". I was foolish for thinking that we would have a "normal and quiet normal" season. But I still believe e will be alright come end of season.
Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 08:33 - Oct 2 with 3049 viewsNathanNI

I was livid last night. Questioning why I bother, came home and huffed in the spare room as I felt really let down by most of the players. I can see why people throw their season tickets at managers, I wanted to grab Hughes and shake him lats night.

But slowly the anger fades, and it becomes a dull feeling of 'sigh' and then we all board the train to West Brom on saturday, with a glimmer of hope. Just to go through the motions again that evening.

To think, My Grandad bought me a Manchester United shirt when I was 8...
Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 09:36 - Oct 2 with 3011 viewsQPRski

I don't think you were the only one. I felt the same and I was not at the match.

To be honest, I was embarassed during the first half infront for my two boys who are also QPR fans. I think they already understand the ups and downs of QPR football ... although I wish the roller coast ride wann't so painfull. Perhaps we are masochists at heart?
Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 09:41 - Oct 2 with 3001 viewsboobishabang

Before the match last night Gary Neville was praising Park as the best defender at United and that nobody can get past him in training, gives 100% etc, if so and the fact he has to play for the Asian interest can we switch him to one of the full back rolls to free up Taarabt or Hoillet to start in Midfield?
Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 09:43 - Oct 2 with 2996 viewsjamois

I posed this on a different thread last night but would really like to know something when it comes to our defending: why, when we're defending in our own half, corners, set pieces etc, is zamora back in the box and cisse our loan man up front and not the other way around?? Every time we won the ball it was pumped up to cisse and it would just bounce off him. Surely Zamora's the only one capable of holding the ball and bringing others in as we break out? Seems bizarre to me...

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 09:59 - Oct 2 with 2977 viewschris1969

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 09:41 - Oct 2 by boobishabang

Before the match last night Gary Neville was praising Park as the best defender at United and that nobody can get past him in training, gives 100% etc, if so and the fact he has to play for the Asian interest can we switch him to one of the full back rolls to free up Taarabt or Hoillet to start in Midfield?

Park at full back sounds good and he would be much better option than Onouha or Hill who give us nothing going forward. I would play Onouha or Hill alongside Nelsen until Ferdinand is fit. How long is Dyer out for we could have done with him covering at full back again.

I would play M'Bia in midfield with Granero, Faurlin, Hoillet and Taarabt.

We can't afford to get over run in midfield again and we have to play to our strengths which means Faurlin and Taarabt linking up again.

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 10:12 - Oct 2 with 2962 viewsjamois

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 09:59 - Oct 2 by chris1969

Park at full back sounds good and he would be much better option than Onouha or Hill who give us nothing going forward. I would play Onouha or Hill alongside Nelsen until Ferdinand is fit. How long is Dyer out for we could have done with him covering at full back again.

We can't afford to get over run in midfield again and we have to play to our strengths which means Faurlin and Taarabt linking up again.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about PArk bu also about SWP. Seeing as he seems out to prove he's worthy of a 1st team place by playing basically as a defensive midfielder, and seems to have accepted that he offers nothing going forward, then why couldn't he play right back too? His defensive positioning surely couldn't be any worse than Nedum's for their 2 goals?

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 10:28 - Oct 2 with 2943 viewschris1969

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 10:12 - Oct 2 by jamois

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about PArk bu also about SWP. Seeing as he seems out to prove he's worthy of a 1st team place by playing basically as a defensive midfielder, and seems to have accepted that he offers nothing going forward, then why couldn't he play right back too? His defensive positioning surely couldn't be any worse than Nedum's for their 2 goals?

I was surprised to not see Dyer in the squad he has covered right back better than anyone. is he injured again ??

Hill going forward looks and feels so wrong he needs to play in the centre now and I feel the same for Onouha.
Login to get fewer ads

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 10:43 - Oct 2 with 2926 viewsadhoc_qpr

It would have been asking for trouble to play Dyer - he had already been on the pitch for more time in the last week than in the previous 2 seasons!

Park was the worst player on the pitch for me (amidst fierce competition), no influence going forward, i doubt he even touched the ball in their half and he didn't exactly offer much defenisve support for Clint.

With injuries we can't do much about defensive personnel, but that's no excuse for basic errors around marking and positioning. Also if we played 5 in mid-field which our squad is better suited towards we can offer them better protection.
Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 10:54 - Oct 2 with 2904 viewsQPRJennyxxx

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 09:43 - Oct 2 by jamois

I posed this on a different thread last night but would really like to know something when it comes to our defending: why, when we're defending in our own half, corners, set pieces etc, is zamora back in the box and cisse our loan man up front and not the other way around?? Every time we won the ball it was pumped up to cisse and it would just bounce off him. Surely Zamora's the only one capable of holding the ball and bringing others in as we break out? Seems bizarre to me...

Please. you don't choose who should defend corners based on who can/can't hold a ball up!!! Zamora is better defensively in the air so he defends corners. Yes, it's frustrating to see the ball bounce off anyone, but if you don't defend the corner first you have no opportunity for the ball to subsequently be held up by or bounce off anyone.

mmmmmm Lee Cook xxxxxxxxx

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 10:56 - Oct 2 with 2897 viewsPizanti

Dyer has joined the long list of players on our books with hamstring injuries!

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 11:00 - Oct 2 with 2888 viewsfakekerby

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 10:56 - Oct 2 by Pizanti

Dyer has joined the long list of players on our books with hamstring injuries!

How can that be possible? They look at his p1ss and everything!
Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 11:42 - Oct 2 with 2869 viewsthemodfather

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 11:00 - Oct 2 by fakekerby

How can that be possible? They look at his p1ss and everything!

onouha is quite poor, being polite.
how did jarvis score? unmarked butt he angle etc...should cesar do more at the near post?
as soon as samba was booked, all around me, said he'd go..15 mins , he was off..why can't someone pull him aside and calm him down? he's not dirty but those long legs will lead to "tangles"....
Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 16:04 - Oct 2 with 2812 viewsjamois

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 10:54 - Oct 2 by QPRJennyxxx

Please. you don't choose who should defend corners based on who can/can't hold a ball up!!! Zamora is better defensively in the air so he defends corners. Yes, it's frustrating to see the ball bounce off anyone, but if you don't defend the corner first you have no opportunity for the ball to subsequently be held up by or bounce off anyone.

I disagree Jenny. We had 4 CBs in the team. Sufficiently drilled, our defence should be fine without the extra 10% of worth of Zamora over Cisse. The best part of defending is attacking. If you have the ball and keep it they cannot come back at you. Mourinho prided himself on turning the ball over at corners.

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 16:10 - Oct 2 with 2800 viewshoopstar67

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 16:04 - Oct 2 by jamois

I disagree Jenny. We had 4 CBs in the team. Sufficiently drilled, our defence should be fine without the extra 10% of worth of Zamora over Cisse. The best part of defending is attacking. If you have the ball and keep it they cannot come back at you. Mourinho prided himself on turning the ball over at corners.

Sorry but QPRJenny is correct,you have your best headers defending corners.
Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 16:17 - Oct 2 with 2785 viewsTGRRRSSS

We're clearly lacking in leadership skills in terms of a captain, why is Park the Captain, other than playing for Man United for a few years (normally as a squad player).
Not saying he's not useful addition he still could be, but Captain material he isn't.
we're lacking bite in the middle and someone to drive the team on like say Derry did in Champ winning year, he was the real captain of that side even if Adel wore the armband.
Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 16:20 - Oct 2 with 2780 viewsBklynRanger

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 09:59 - Oct 2 by chris1969

This Park idea is a bit novel for me, but I'd basically go for all of that. Cheers - saved me some typing time.
Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 18:04 - Oct 2 with 2752 viewsNathanNI

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 16:20 - Oct 2 by BklynRanger

This Park idea is a bit novel for me, but I'd basically go for all of that. Cheers - saved me some typing time.

Agreed, I like that midfield 5.

I would also give Nelson the captaincy.
Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 18:16 - Oct 2 with 2742 viewsShackletonR

Where is everyone? Defence solutions on 16:20 - Oct 2 by BklynRanger

Its the missing formation, thats it ring Hughes now, Zamora up front and any defenders that are fit just dont put Hill at right back.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024