Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 19:03 - Mar 8 with 4341 viewsBirminghamR

First time I have seen us win at St Andrews after many many years!
Really enjoyable - I like 2 nils when it looks all tied up with 15 mins to go.
Not so say in 1st half and early 2nd we didn't ride our luck - sat back, invited them on, grateful to Green for a couple of good saves esp a free kick which bounced all the way through. Green didn;t put a foot wrong.
My initial impressions
Green - 8 solid
Nedum - prefer him as CB, but does a job, wins tackles, not much overlapping, on etime seemed to take an age to close down a player on edge of box, allowing him to stroll into box.Play him a head of Hughes any day.Strong. 6/7
BAE - classy but laxidasical. Good going forward. Strolled back when possession lost. Crosses could have been more crucial but made excellent forward runs. 6/7
Hill + Dunne - must enjoy playing players like Zigic. Not goin to get beaten for skill or speed. Did the job fine. Dunne lost possession badly once but then also on another occasion came to rescue. 7
Jenus - beginning to warm to him. Made Goal 2 with simple cross from left to feet. Worls hard and has an attacking threta - keep him in. 7/8
Joey - more balanced with him there. Of all the midfielders on pitch ran the show. passes short and long - always showing for the ball. Felt more comfortable/fluid with him there.7/8
Hoillett - frustrates the hell out of me. Bit lightweight. Always seeking to go inside, never outside - makes it too easy for defender.Bags of potential but would be good if he developed a left foot to go with his right. One dimsnsional. Today too many blind alleys 5/6
Traore - like him in wide mid. Today on the right. Yes the right!! Good runs through centre and wide.Poss mom if not for ravel.Linked well. 8
Ravel - beautiful free kick. Always a threat running at defence. Put goal no. 2 away nicely - placing it low from close to pen spot after good wotk from Jenus 8/9
Doyle - ran allday with loads of service. Did his bit. 7
Just Back on 19:07 - Mar 8 with 4302 viewsbosh67

Great report. Get the feeling that the press did us a big favour this week.

I would imagine there was quite a bit of anger at the club. Press seem to have it in for us.

Think the players and management probably wanted to deliver that for TF and the fans today.

Keep kicking us press and we'll get promoted!
[Post edited 8 Mar 2014 19:08]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just Back on 19:53 - Mar 8 with 4079 viewsterryb

Thanks for the report.

It's always great when we win in the town that we live in!

Every win in Ipswich is greeted gleefully by me.

Enjoy this week!
Just Back on 20:01 - Mar 8 with 4037 viewsBirminghamR

Just Back on 19:53 - Mar 8 by terryb

Thanks for the report.

Enjoy this week!

Cheers TerryB - yes I have waited many years to go into work in Coleshill on a Monday and gloat over the sad bluenoses.
Took my Aghani foster son to the game, first he's ever been to. Wore spare Rs shirt like a good:un - as a Barca fan he was amused by "finest football team" chant!. Assured him it was true.
Just Back on 20:15 - Mar 8 with 3957 viewsHunterhoop

Exactly! Enjoy it, BirminghamR. Enjoy Monday back at work!

Onouha is an interesting one. He really isn't a natural RB. He naturally doesn't appear keen to close down the cross, which is a bit of a problem. But everything else about is game is very very strong for a defender. The bloke is built like an ox - the way a bloke as big as Conor Wickham bounced off him the other day when they went shoulder to shoulder was impressive. As I've said a million times, I think he's our best CB and Dunne our weakest - apparently he was a little shaky again today.

Jenas is another - his performance last week, whilst still shaky was better. He got involved and scored. Yet again today, he was involved and set one up. Whether this is a genuine light going on in his head or he is simply playing for a contract, I don't know. Not my sort of player and not someone I want us to keep, but good to see him actually playing now, and I use the word "playing" specifically. Even when he's started before, he wasn't playing.
Just Back on 20:17 - Mar 8 with 3946 viewsYorkRanger

Just Back on 20:15 - Mar 8 by Hunterhoop

Onouha is an interesting one. He really isn't a natural RB. He naturally doesn't appear keen to close down the cross, which is a bit of a problem. But everything else about is game is very very strong for a defender. The bloke is built like an ox - the way a bloke as big as Conor Wickham bounced off him the other day when they went shoulder to shoulder was impressive. As I've said a million times, I think he's our best CB and Dunne our weakest - apparently he was a little shaky again today.

Jenas is another - his performance last week, whilst still shaky was better. He got involved and scored. Yet again today, he was involved and set one up. Whether this is a genuine light going on in his head or he is simply playing for a contract, I don't know. Not my sort of player and not someone I want us to keep, but good to see him actually playing now, and I use the word "playing" specifically. Even when he's started before, he wasn't playing.

Pleasing result. Let's hope we can push on at Brighton...
Just Back on 20:33 - Mar 8 with 3852 viewsBirminghamR

Just Back on 20:15 - Mar 8 by Hunterhoop

Cheers Hunterhoop - will be sweet
Just Back on 20:33 - Mar 8 with 3851 viewsBrazilNutR

I give myself a 10/10 for not watching the game, because its the only times when we ever seem to win and play reasonably well are when I only check the score after 90 minutes..
Just Back on 20:56 - Mar 8 with 3744 viewskingsburyR

Took the girls to the park. Mate texted me the score.

Will be going the park ALOT in the coming weeks!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 21:35 - Mar 8 with 3601 viewsWokingR

Just Back on 19:53 - Mar 8 by terryb

Thanks for the report.

Enjoy this week!

Let's hope things never get so bad that I have to experience this
Just Back on 21:57 - Mar 8 with 3498 viewsPommyhoop

Just Back on 20:33 - Mar 8 by BrazilNutR

I give myself a 10/10 for not watching the game, because its the only times when we ever seem to win and play reasonably well are when I only check the score after 90 minutes..

Snap to that. Nice to get a decent nights kip then turn on the comp and see a 2 nil win..
No more watching streams for me but I cant resist if Setanta have got it on live..

Question for the 'just backers' did Ravel celebrate his goals? How did Brum fans welcome him ?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Just Back on 21:59 - Mar 8 with 3484 viewsQPR442

Just Back on 19:07 - Mar 8 by bosh67

Great report. Get the feeling that the press did us a big favour this week.

I would imagine there was quite a bit of anger at the club. Press seem to have it in for us.

Think the players and management probably wanted to deliver that for TF and the fans today.

Keep kicking us press and we'll get promoted!
[Post edited 8 Mar 2014 19:08]

Agree with this. I have said for some time that certain quarters have it in for us or just want to see us fall so a great response buy the lads.
Just Back on 22:10 - Mar 8 with 3433 viewsqprcanadabc

Just Back on 21:57 - Mar 8 by Pommyhoop

Snap to that. Nice to get a decent nights kip then turn on the comp and see a 2 nil win..
No more watching streams for me but I cant resist if Setanta have got it on live..

Question for the 'just backers' did Ravel celebrate his goals? How did Brum fans welcome him ?

strange - i think plenty of expats have passed up watching for sleep instead the last few weeks...lets hope for a bit of a change as we get near the meaty conclusion of the season...could be quite a rollercoaster of emotions for us all :)
Just Back on 22:40 - Mar 8 with 3330 viewsqprewan

A lot of them clapped him off when he was subbed- fair play!
Just Back on 23:58 - Mar 8 with 3152 viewskropotkin41

Paid the game no attention at all.......... we won and apparently played quite well!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Just Back on 13:40 - Mar 9 with 2698 viewsthemodfather

glad we won, glad we played well and now to build on it at the amex....
i have this theory about qpr having large turnout and cocking up!
Just Back on 18:23 - Mar 9 with 2582 viewsNeil_SI

What a difference a win makes, it was needed, and the players looked like they enjoyed themselves and the football they tried to play.

Morrison was head and shoulders above the rest, and really was the cog in the wheel and everything positive came through him and his ability to keep the play flowing at the right times. The full-backs bombed on and overlapped a lot more than they have in previous matches this season, but much of that was down to the way Morrison encouraged them to move into the space and putting the ball exactly where they wanted it.

Birmingham however were really poor overall, they were a bit lopsided and low on confidence, and they made a lot of tactical errors, allowing Morrison the time and space to dictate play. They often left oceans of space in the middle of the park, which helped us counter. I was surprised by that, even if they did overload down the flanks well. They never made anything of those moments though and eventually we took advantage.

We did give the ball away a little sloppily in and around the midfield and defence one too many times for my liking — and if they do that against better teams, they'll get themselves in trouble they don't need to.

All in all though, a good stepping stone type of a performance. If we can get the ball into similar areas going forward in other games, we will create more chances. They still were at a little bit of a premium here, especially as Kevin Doyle was working hard, dropping deep or hitting the channels, so we were a little bit empty at times in the centre when we had the ball in good areas. But, lots to like, plenty of good things to work on and try and progress.

Traore was excellent as well, one of his best games for us, I think. I was surprised by that, didn't expect him to do anywhere nearly as well from the right side. Fair play. I was also impressed by Will Keane's cameo too, he didn't have much to do, but he took all his touches really well and is an intelligent link-up type of player. I want to see more of him.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2014 18:26]
Just Back on 17:37 - Mar 10 with 2273 viewsW7Ranger

Yeah he celebrated. Brum fans were classy when he was subbed. Most fans on all 4 sides clapped him off.

Feel a bit sorry for them really, they really are in a sorry state. Poor on the pitch (not surprising they haven't won for 12 matches AT HOME!) and complete turmoil off it. There was almost an air of resignation from there fans that they were going to lose before we'd even scored!

Brum fans we met up with in a pub called Roots just up from the ground were good as gold before and after the game. Good banter and just genuine "football" fans. No animosity whatsoever.

The stats for the game was quite surprising for me. Although it was clear we had more possession (which is shown in the stats), I couldn't believe the shots count was virtually identical! Really thought we could have won by more it was that comfortable. Rangers played very well and Birmingham were very poor.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2014 17:57]
Just Back on 17:52 - Mar 10 with 2252 viewsR_from_afar

Just Back on 17:37 - Mar 10 by W7Ranger

Yeah he celebrated. Brum fans were classy when he was subbed. Most fans on all 4 sides clapped him off.

Feel a bit sorry for them really, they really are in a sorry state. Poor on the pitch (not surprising they haven't won for 12 matches AT HOME!) and complete turmoil off it. There was almost an air of resignation from there fans that they were going to lose before we'd even scored!

Brum fans we met up with in a pub called Roots just up from the ground were good as gold before and after the game. Good banter and just genuine "football" fans. No animosity whatsoever.

The stats for the game was quite surprising for me. Although it was clear we had more possession (which is shown in the stats), I couldn't believe the shots count was virtually identical! Really thought we could have won by more it was that comfortable. Rangers played very well and Birmingham were very poor.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2014 17:57]

I'll echo what you say about the Brum fans. From the police in the town centre - we got lost and did a lap round the outside of New Street Station - d'oh - to the stewards and catering staff, they were all really friendly and helpful. Bit of a nostalgic one for me as I used to work in the area.

I too felt really sorry for the club and fans. The club is in meltdown and it must be heart-breaking for them. We know just how it feels.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Just Back on 17:56 - Mar 10 with 2240 viewsJuzzie

If it wasn't for Brums great away record, they'd be in a relegation scrap, maybe even rock bottom.
Just Back on 22:07 - Mar 10 with 2166 views81A

When you think back to some of the proper uncompromising footballers they used to have (Howard Kendall, Peter Withe, Kenny Burns, Malcolm Page etc) it must be pretty soul-destroying these days. Probably my favourite of the West Midlands clubs, not that says much as Wolves and Villa have always seemed a bit up themselves and the Baggies a bit lightweight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024