Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ramifications of relegation 07:12 - Mar 16 with 2475 viewsPhaedrus

Wounded pride aside, would we survive relegation from a financial perspective?
Trying to look at it as a worst case scenario, as long as we aren't in any danger of admin should we take the plunge, it may not be the utter disaster it seems at the moment. I just wonder how much risk has been taken with Laudrups pay off, wage decrease clauses, relegation release clauses etc.
What kind of a squad would we have left ? Tremmel, Jazz, Bartley, Amat, Tiendelli, Canas, Pozuelo, Routledge, Lita. I guess Leon would stay. Maybe all those jock wonderkids will be in contention.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

The ramifications of relegation on 08:41 - Mar 16 with 2375 viewsDyfnant

They've all got relegation clauses, I'd force the lot to stay if we go down. Except Williams

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

The ramifications of relegation on 08:55 - Mar 16 with 2338 viewseddie71

The ramifications of relegation on 08:41 - Mar 16 by Dyfnant

They've all got relegation clauses, I'd force the lot to stay if we go down. Except Williams

I'd agree with that actually Williams has earned his chance away. I would also flog Michu, Chico and poss Shelvey. I would keep Bony if poss he would be a beast in the championship.
The ramifications of relegation on 09:00 - Mar 16 with 2319 viewsUxbridge

The ramifications of relegation on 08:41 - Mar 16 by Dyfnant

That may have been the case 2 years ago. I'm not sure it is now.

Will we survive? Of course. Would we be in a position where we would be favourites to bounce back up. Whole other question.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The ramifications of relegation on 09:05 - Mar 16 with 2304 viewstomdickharry

£48M in wages in last financial year which was 70% of turnover therefor a similar % in the championship would have a massive impact on wages and playing staff,the cheap option would become the order of the day,history gives us the answer to that one, and there is no Martinez or Bryan Flynn to pick up the diamonds we have had in the past.Jenkins as head of the Scouting Department and his bevy of scouts would have to earn their money at last.As for Lita he will be on the out bus leaving the Liberty at the end of June must have taken us for a couple of million since he's been here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024