Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby fans think we're fodder 15:51 - May 13 with 13273 viewswhittocksRs

General attitude from their message boards is they just have to play their regular game and they'll hammer us. Hope their players share the over-confidence.
Derby fans think we're fodder on 15:54 - May 13 with 7823 viewsJamie

In fairness they're not wrong. If they play to their potential they will hammer us. In my opinion f course.
Derby fans think we're fodder on 15:56 - May 13 with 7813 views08olesen

The thing is, i think we are their perfect team, if Dunne and Hill play we have a very slow right side which the Derby team will exploit.

Wigan played the press really well last night and im sure Derby will do the same, which means we will have to play 442 to get round it and press them back. If we do play 442 it also means that we arnt likely to have Nico or Morrison in the team so there are a lot of big decisions to make

I think it could be a very tough match and it will need Harry to get his tactics spot on.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Derby fans think we're fodder on 15:56 - May 13 with 7801 viewsTacticalR

And Schteve knows all our secrets.

Air hostess clique

Derby fans think we're fodder on 15:57 - May 13 with 7800 viewsGetMeRangers

Not sure our ex-coach will allow that. What were those first two photos all about? in the gallery...

Derby fans think we're fodder on 15:57 - May 13 with 7799 viewscoolranger

How many of their side have possibly played at Wembley or on a really big stage before? By my reckoning at least half our side have, either for club or country. Experience and calm heads may just win the day!

Think Barton, Krancjar, Dunne, Green, Austin, Zamora, Benayoun and Doyle for starters.
Derby fans think we're fodder on 15:57 - May 13 with 7794 viewsthemodfather

ok, we beat them 2-1 at ours and lost 1-0 there, they fouled green and pushed o'neil over the line to score....based on that, why does anyone think they will romp us??
they rely on loanees too....in 10 days pressure and training ground injuries could occur.
i think it depends on what qpr turns up..if we play at a hiher tempo, pass well and close them down, we will do ok
if we play slow, leave space then we'll get hurt.
derby fans can think what they want....as if i give a two bobs worth.ferk em
Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:02 - May 13 with 7748 viewsGetMeRangers

Derby fans think we're fodder on 15:57 - May 13 by coolranger

How many of their side have possibly played at Wembley or on a really big stage before? By my reckoning at least half our side have, either for club or country. Experience and calm heads may just win the day!

Think Barton, Krancjar, Dunne, Green, Austin, Zamora, Benayoun and Doyle for starters.

And for some of those, it may just be their last ever chance to grace the national stadium... lets hope they want it bad enough to go out in glory (much in the way they played as a team last night)

The big pitch isnt going to play in our favour with an aging team
Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:02 - May 13 with 7740 viewsRANGERS4EVER

My reaction to this- who gives a sh*t?

Let them think about anything, they can think of their parade already for all I care, all I know is I'm going to watch QPR for the first time in my life and I'm going to love it

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:08 - May 13 with 7710 viewsJAPRANGERS

We will rise to the occasion and see off fkin Derby. Arrogant kunts.
Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:11 - May 13 with 7678 viewsadhoc_qpr

They are a decent ,well drilled, energetic team with a few goal scoring options around the pitch, no more than that really.

If we turn up and actually play (like we did for spells last night) we could romp home as their defence is far from rock solid.

If we turn up and play our usual deep, slow passing game leaving Austin on his own up front, it will probably be a pretty tight affair like last night and could go either way.
Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:12 - May 13 with 7668 viewswhittocksRs

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:02 - May 13 by RANGERS4EVER

My reaction to this- who gives a sh*t?

Let them think about anything, they can think of their parade already for all I care, all I know is I'm going to watch QPR for the first time in my life and I'm going to love it

Point being if the team is as overconfident as their fans, it could help us mentally. They're certainly not that good that they go in to games having beaten opponents before games start like United used to do, or Barca did a few years back, but many of them are taking on a similar attitude.

Of course, the flip-side could be that they come out absolutely flying and it'll be totally justified.
Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:15 - May 13 with 7639 views08olesen

Robbie Savage being a right old nob on twitter. saying that the Derby fans will out do the Rs!!

Sing after me

Your just a small club in Nottingham, Small club in Nottingham !!!!!

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:19 - May 13 with 7614 viewsJamie

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:12 - May 13 by whittocksRs

Point being if the team is as overconfident as their fans, it could help us mentally. They're certainly not that good that they go in to games having beaten opponents before games start like United used to do, or Barca did a few years back, but many of them are taking on a similar attitude.

Of course, the flip-side could be that they come out absolutely flying and it'll be totally justified.

As McLaren said last night, main job for their staff is keeping their players feet on the ground.
Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:22 - May 13 with 7586 viewsblacky200

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:02 - May 13 by GetMeRangers

And for some of those, it may just be their last ever chance to grace the national stadium... lets hope they want it bad enough to go out in glory (much in the way they played as a team last night)

The big pitch isnt going to play in our favour with an aging team

Wembley is only 3 meters longer and wider than our pitch. Could work to our advantage by opening up the midfield a bit.
Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:23 - May 13 with 7577 viewsloftus77

Derby fans think we're fodder on 15:56 - May 13 by TacticalR

I'm not buying this 'Scteve knows all about us' stuff..

Jim Smith. Wembley 1986. End of.
[Post edited 13 May 2014 16:25]
Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:24 - May 13 with 7567 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:19 - May 13 by Jamie

As McLaren said last night, main job for their staff is keeping their players feet on the ground.

That would suit us. Then cut out the headers and we'll keep them scoreless.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:37 - May 13 with 7494 viewssimmo

Energetic, pacey, well organised and devastating on the counter. They will score. But they are also likely to concede, their defence is not the best and man for man we should have enough to overcome them. But we HAVE to pick the right team to do that job.

We HAVE to start with Ravel, also Traore if he's fit, none of this Doyle on the RW bollocks, get pacey wingers on the big Wembley pitch and stretch them. Don't play pacey attacking midfielders though and ask them to sit 10 yards behind our half way line like last Fri against Wigan, let's play like we did last night, high tempo, attacking football. Each player in their best position, not shoe horning anybody in.

If we do that they won;t be able to live with us. Either way I think it'll be a good game, Derby are not there by accident, they are a great little team.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:39 - May 13 with 7460 viewstoboboly

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:37 - May 13 by simmo

Energetic, pacey, well organised and devastating on the counter. They will score. But they are also likely to concede, their defence is not the best and man for man we should have enough to overcome them. But we HAVE to pick the right team to do that job.

We HAVE to start with Ravel, also Traore if he's fit, none of this Doyle on the RW bollocks, get pacey wingers on the big Wembley pitch and stretch them. Don't play pacey attacking midfielders though and ask them to sit 10 yards behind our half way line like last Fri against Wigan, let's play like we did last night, high tempo, attacking football. Each player in their best position, not shoe horning anybody in.

If we do that they won;t be able to live with us. Either way I think it'll be a good game, Derby are not there by accident, they are a great little team.

I'd go with that team and add Doyle and Zamora with 20/25 to go.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:42 - May 13 with 7440 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's the team I'd start with, too.

Only one of Hill and Dunne can start. That has to be Hill, more mobile, and in better form (though Dunne did teturn to form during last night's game).

And Traore and Hoilett have to be on the correct wings. No playing them on opposite wings to narrow the play.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:46 - May 13 with 7408 viewsRangersDave

Don't forget Remy and Adel are back for this one ;-)

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:48 - May 13 with 7393 views08olesen

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:37 - May 13 by simmo

We have to learn from last night. They will press and press! so we then boot it long and 2 CB vs Austin is a mismatch.

We have to pay 442 with the second striker dropping back in to the hole when in defense. We where shocking that first 20 and cant afford to start like that at Wembley.

I would go with:

..............Green
Simpson Onhoua Hill YSY
Hoilet Barton Oniel Traore
...........Austin Doyle

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:49 - May 13 with 7385 viewsNorthernr

We might be fodder. Probably best to wait and see. Let them do the dick swinging before, and hopefully we'll get ours out afterwards.
Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:49 - May 13 with 7383 viewssimmo

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:39 - May 13 by toboboly

I'd go with that team and add Doyle and Zamora with 20/25 to go.

We would have options to change it if needs be, not pacey options, but people like Benayoun, Zamora, Kranjcar, Doyle for offensive changes, or O'Neil, Dunne, Hughes to tighten up. We already know our attacking players can create a system that is hard to break down, we had most of those players on the pitch at Wigan and held them to a 0-0.

So let's start on the offensive, play to our strengths in attack and if we're ahead near the end, tweak the formation and keep it compact, if we're chasing, sling on the Zamoras and Kranjcars like last night.

The worst thing that can possibly happen is we go to Wembley, play a tentative non commited game and come away as losers. If we had lost last night playing the way we did, nobody would have complained.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:52 - May 13 with 7353 viewsstowmarketrange

Derby fans think we're fodder on 15:56 - May 13 by TacticalR

Didn't he know more of our secrets when we beat them at our place this season?
Derby fans think we're fodder on 16:58 - May 13 with 7315 viewsToast_R

To be honest, they were the first side to actually give QPR a game at LR instead of the defend for your lives tactic which was deployed by everyone else. They lost though.

I wasn't overly impressed with them when they won 1-0 at theirs, there goal was a blatant foul for starters and QPR were in poor form at the time.

Overall I think it will be a really good game and as many playoffs have been, plenty of goals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024