Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabianski 11:33 - May 29 with 4252 viewsWinchWenJack

Good signing. Puts all the talk about not attracting players in the bin. Out of contract, could have gone anywhere.

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

Fabianski on 12:04 - May 29 with 4138 viewsHuw57

Agreed. He has taken a pay cut and had better offers money wise elsewhere. Delighted to have him.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Fabianski on 14:46 - May 29 with 3917 viewsScoobyWho

4 yr contract, first choice, no brainer.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Fabianski on 15:58 - May 29 with 3829 viewsJethroJack

Fabianski on 12:04 - May 29 by Huw57

Agreed. He has taken a pay cut and had better offers money wise elsewhere. Delighted to have him.

Delighted he chose us...but, just out of interest, which clubs made him a better financial offer? Has that been stated anywhere?
Fabianski on 16:10 - May 29 with 3779 viewsirememberivor

We`ve signed a Pole! All we need now is a Romanian striker and Herr Farage will go ballistic!
Fabianski on 16:17 - May 29 with 3749 viewsLord_Bony

Looks like Vorm will take a back seat and rightly so as he s lost his edge.
I think Brendan can do something with him.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Fabianski on 16:19 - May 29 with 3733 viewsHuw57

Fabianski on 15:58 - May 29 by JethroJack

Delighted he chose us...but, just out of interest, which clubs made him a better financial offer? Has that been stated anywhere?

Arsenal offered him a good financial package and Schalke.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Fabianski on 16:19 - May 29 with 3732 viewsVetchitBack

To be fair and I'll be as polite as possible I really never understood the argument that no-one will want to play for Garry Monk?

We're famous for producing and developing players, winning minor trophies and playing arguably the best football in the Permier League in spells. We don't need a celebrity at the helm.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Fabianski on 16:22 - May 29 with 3710 viewsJethroJack

Fabianski on 16:17 - May 29 by Lord_Bony

Looks like Vorm will take a back seat and rightly so as he s lost his edge.
I think Brendan can do something with him.

Do something with him?.....use him to warm the Anfield bench & play him in the FA Cup to give Mignolet a rest for the prem & Champions League?
Login to get fewer ads

Fabianski on 16:27 - May 29 with 3672 viewsJethroJack

Fabianski on 16:19 - May 29 by Huw57

Ok thanks....2 bigger clubs, but we've no way of knowing if they offerred him a better financial deal than we did? Even if Arsenal did, he's probably sick of bench-warming.
Fabianski on 16:31 - May 29 with 3650 viewsJethroJack

Fabianski on 16:19 - May 29 by VetchitBack

To be fair and I'll be as polite as possible I really never understood the argument that no-one will want to play for Garry Monk?

We're famous for producing and developing players, winning minor trophies and playing arguably the best football in the Permier League in spells. We don't need a celebrity at the helm.

Spot on
That loser (and fraud) DYSS will no doubt be along shortly to tell us for the umpteenth time how crap our new manager is.
Fabianski on 17:25 - May 29 with 3555 viewsApeShit

Fabianski on 16:19 - May 29 by Huw57

I heard Arsenal offered him f*ck all. Sauce?
Fabianski on 17:29 - May 29 with 3537 viewsUxbridge

Fabianski on 17:25 - May 29 by ApeShit

Wenger and Fabianski's words good enough?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26287483

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Fabianski on 17:36 - May 29 with 3516 viewslondonlisa2001

Fabianski on 17:25 - May 29 by ApeShit

Some Arsenal fans up here (who all seem very sorry to see him go) reckoned that he was offered the best part of £45k to stay on with them. Obviously this doesn't mean it is correct, but it would be surprising if they couldn't offer a lot more than us, even for second choice given Champions League commitments.

It seems that, unusually for these days, he may have actually left because he wanted to play every week (which would definitely suggest that either Vorm or GT is on his way). I'd be very surprised if Fabianski wasn't our starting keeper next year - I think Vorm's been poor this year.
Fabianski on 17:40 - May 29 with 3498 viewsApeShit

Fabianski on 17:36 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

Some Arsenal fans up here (who all seem very sorry to see him go) reckoned that he was offered the best part of £45k to stay on with them. Obviously this doesn't mean it is correct, but it would be surprising if they couldn't offer a lot more than us, even for second choice given Champions League commitments.

It seems that, unusually for these days, he may have actually left because he wanted to play every week (which would definitely suggest that either Vorm or GT is on his way). I'd be very surprised if Fabianski wasn't our starting keeper next year - I think Vorm's been poor this year.

I think he will definitely be our first choice, there is no way he would choose us over Arsenal if he was coming here to sit on the bench.

I think Vorm is off to, I just hope a run of games will give Fabianski some confidence as he can miss that sometimes.
Fabianski on 17:42 - May 29 with 3485 viewsApeShit

Fabianski on 17:29 - May 29 by Uxbridge

Wenger and Fabianski's words good enough?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26287483

Thanks, I was looking for something on what kind of extension they offered him though.
Fabianski on 17:52 - May 29 with 3428 viewslondonlisa2001

Fabianski on 17:40 - May 29 by ApeShit

I think he will definitely be our first choice, there is no way he would choose us over Arsenal if he was coming here to sit on the bench.

I think Vorm is off to, I just hope a run of games will give Fabianski some confidence as he can miss that sometimes.

I think most if not all goalkeepers seem to need the confidence that being first choice seems to bring.

I thought Tremmel was much better last season when he knew he was first choice because of Vorm's injury than he has been this year.

Vorm just doesn't seem to have recovered from the injury and sometimes his attitude seems lacking - he doesn't seem to bother going for stuff that he should go for.

It is interesting that Fabianski himself and those talking about him have made a big thing about being 'hard working' and Arsenal fans have described him as being humble - perhaps a sign of the personality traits that are now being looked for as a priority in our team.
Fabianski on 17:59 - May 29 with 3404 viewsymaohyd

To the op. I'm very much in the Garry Monk camp, if some of us are still in 'for against him being manager'.

However, where as I agree this is an encouraging signing, I don't go along with the sentiment that this proves that as a club and Garry Monk has what it takes to attract players, particularly if they are highly sought after.

If the Belgian potential signing knocks back Arsenal, having met GM and HJ and decides to join us in realising the platform we offer for young players to progress their careers here, then I'd agree.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Fabianski on 19:02 - May 29 with 3237 viewsdgt73

Fabianski on 16:19 - May 29 by VetchitBack

Spot on. Who the manager is, is over played big time. Monk will have as much connections in the game as most.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Fabianski on 19:05 - May 29 with 3218 viewsdgt73

Fabianski on 16:31 - May 29 by JethroJack

Spot on
That loser (and fraud) DYSS will no doubt be along shortly to tell us for the umpteenth time how crap our new manager is.

Spot on..

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Fabianski on 09:56 - May 30 with 2965 viewsbluenile

Fabianski on 17:42 - May 29 by ApeShit

Thanks, I was looking for something on what kind of extension they offered him though.

No you weren't, you stated that you'd heard he had been offered "f**k all".............. Huw57 answered you correctly.
[Post edited 30 May 2014 9:58]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Fabianski on 10:09 - May 30 with 2924 viewsApeShit

Fabianski on 09:56 - May 30 by bluenile

No you weren't, you stated that you'd heard he had been offered "f**k all".............. Huw57 answered you correctly.
[Post edited 30 May 2014 9:58]

Its a figure of speech my friend. And it was Uxbridge who kindly provided the link for me.

Why do you sound so angry? Relax, its Friday!

Fabianski on 10:09 - May 30 with 2923 viewsPrivate_Partz

DGT. I do not think the manager's role is overplayed as far as we are concerned. Man U, Aresenal, Man City etc then I would agree. They can hire and fire and have the fan base to keep the club going should it all go wrong.
As far as the Swans are concerned I think who the manager is is vitally important.
I would go as far as to say it should be the highest paid post at he club and be equal to salaries paid by the top six clubs.
We need someone who can attract players, who has contacts and is able to get the team playing our passing game that has served us so well.
This signing has met with almost universal approval on here and is very encouraging but it is too early to start handing out the rosettes yet IMO.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024