Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? 10:51 - Jul 8 with 2010 viewsWindy_Miller

Morning, I did this game with the Mrs on a road trip recently to pass a few mins.

If you were the manager / chairman and you could sell 5 players to recoup the money to buy 3 new players - who would they be?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RULES

You can only spend what you have earned through selling first.

Realistic transfer money sales - i.e. Ben out for £10 million would be realistic - £20 million unrealistic.

You have to have 1 player covering 1 x Defence, 1 x Midfield, 1 x Striker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We both struggled tbh as its easy to do the first few but as it becomes nitty gritty of what we need as a club, its harder to pick realistic players.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2014 12:02]

Poll: After last seasons, which team would you like to beat the most next season?

Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 10:55 - Jul 8 with 1999 viewsWindy_Miller

My selling list of players..................My buying list of players

1 Vorm........... £4 million............... covered imo

2 Michu..........£12 million.............. 1 Gylfi Syg..........................£10 million

3 Ben..............£10 million..............covered imo

4 Pozuelo........£2 million............... 2 Jeffersen Montero..........£3 million ish?

5 Canas...........£2 million.............. . 3 Joe Allen.............................£15 million ish?

Money Recoup........£30 million......Money spent......................£28 million

Reasons

Jefferson was very quick and tricky in the world cup :)
Joe to give Leon a bit of a rest.
Gylfi - was class for me before La Sulkypants came in.
Money left to buy out GWFX and get a sponsor that doesn't have a awful logo.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2014 12:11]

Poll: After last seasons, which team would you like to beat the most next season?

Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 11:01 - Jul 8 with 1973 viewsDrizzy

Sell

Davies - £8m
Ki - £4m
Michu - £6m (pains me to say it, but that seems to be a realistic figure now)
Canas - £2m
Vorm - £5m

Total: £25m

Buy

Muhammad Besic - £7m
Gylfi - £8m
Jefferson Montero - £4m

Total: £19m
[Post edited 8 Jul 2014 11:02]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 11:03 - Jul 8 with 1965 viewsLiam

Sell same as you but buy:

AM - Ravel Morrison £5m
RB - Carl Jenkinson £5m
DM - not sure
[Post edited 8 Jul 2014 11:06]
Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 11:42 - Jul 8 with 1868 viewsJokeren1943

Jefferson Montero (left winger) - £4m
Nicolai Boilesen - (left back - vice captain in Ajax) - £6m
Person X (defensive midfielder) - £10m
Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 11:51 - Jul 8 with 1829 viewsTom1912

Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 11:01 - Jul 8 by Drizzy

Sell

Davies - £8m
Ki - £4m
Canas - £2m
Vorm - £5m

Buy

Muhammad Besic - £7m
Gylfi - £8m
Jefferson Montero - £4m

This works for me, although I'm not convinced by Montero.
Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 12:06 - Jul 8 with 1778 viewsDrizzy

Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 11:51 - Jul 8 by Tom1912

This works for me, although I'm not convinced by Montero.

I'd prefer a winger who might lack a bit of pace but has the ability to cross a ball with both feet. Can't think of anyone who would be available though.

Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 12:51 - Jul 8 with 1675 viewsZut_Alors

Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 11:01 - Jul 8 by Drizzy

Sell

Davies - £8m
Ki - £4m
Canas - £2m
Vorm - £5m

Buy

Muhammad Besic - £7m
Gylfi - £8m
Jefferson Montero - £4m

Can't argue with that, but wouldn't you want us to sign a right back? Canas is the strange one, really. His performances were good enough to be a back up, but if he's not up for playing for us, then let's get rid of him. Don't think we'll get much for Poz and Canas, though.
Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 14:57 - Jul 8 with 1581 viewsWindy_Miller

Perhaps a sneaky bid to the scammers for the chilean 'Medel'?

Did well in the world cup no?

Login to get fewer ads

Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 15:05 - Jul 8 with 1570 viewsTom1912

Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 12:51 - Jul 8 by Zut_Alors

Can't argue with that, but wouldn't you want us to sign a right back? Canas is the strange one, really. His performances were good enough to be a back up, but if he's not up for playing for us, then let's get rid of him. Don't think we'll get much for Poz and Canas, though.

I don't think it's anything to do with his ability. I may be wrong on this, but Canas was involved under Monk until the training ground incident when he was immediately frozen out and didn't even make the bench. In fact, it stretched us at times because we didn't have a midfield option on the bench to help close games out.
Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 15:16 - Jul 8 with 1542 viewsJokeren1943

Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 15:05 - Jul 8 by Tom1912

I don't think it's anything to do with his ability. I may be wrong on this, but Canas was involved under Monk until the training ground incident when he was immediately frozen out and didn't even make the bench. In fact, it stretched us at times because we didn't have a midfield option on the bench to help close games out.

Just out of curiosity - what happend at the "training ground incident"
Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 17:20 - Jul 8 with 1454 viewsSgorioFruit

If we had 5 Chico's then i'd sell the lot.
And if there was a possibility of buying 3 Leon's then i'd buy the lot.

There, SgorioFruit has said his piece.

Let them sort out their positions on the field themselevs. And with 3 extra Leon's im sure that wouldnt be too much of a problem!!!

Did i win??

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 17:59 - Jul 8 with 1432 viewsDrizzy

Sell 5 and then Buy 3 - Who would you pick? on 12:51 - Jul 8 by Zut_Alors

Well I only had 3 choices. We'd definitely need at least two midfielders if Michu, Canas and Ki were to leave. By all accounts we want another winger too.

Rangel has got another season in him but I'd get a new right-back if I had another choice. Probably bring in de Guzman if he's available too. Then add in a young striker with a bit of pace and I think we're set for the season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024