Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steven Caulker 13:51 - Jul 21 with 3883 viewsINFIRMARY

Tired of it all now , is he ? isn't he ? , right now I can't give a crap , seems he is holding out for better offers and we are his PLAN C , "Enough" ! move on rangers and don't let people think we are desperate

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Steven Caulker on 14:02 - Jul 21 with 3838 viewsgordanoR

As i didn't watch any premiership football last season & have never seen him play it does seem like a lot of fuss over a player who was relegated.
Steven Caulker on 14:02 - Jul 21 with 3838 viewsdaveB

The player is allowed to take his time on a big decision like this, I'm not sure what the rush is
Steven Caulker on 14:06 - Jul 21 with 3810 viewsLowerloftLad

I think he will be in when remy heads out its QPR trying to be sence able with money

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Steven Caulker on 14:09 - Jul 21 with 3782 viewsJuzzie

Steven Caulker on 14:02 - Jul 21 by daveB

The player is allowed to take his time on a big decision like this, I'm not sure what the rush is

I think the rush is the longer they take, the more chances we'll lose other potential players if they decide not to join us. Look at all the fannying around with Briatore selling the club and we had the dirge to choose from with 10 days of the summer window left.

How long does it take to make your mind up? If it's longer than a week then maybe we're not the club for that player and vice versa.
Steven Caulker on 14:11 - Jul 21 with 3776 viewsA40Bosh

Steven Caulker on 14:02 - Jul 21 by daveB

the rush is that some QPR fans demand that the club sign everyone they want now, and they mean "NOW" and they cannot understand why the rumours they are hearing on the grapevine or in the media do not come to fruition straight away.

I mean its simple isn't it?
You ring up a player and say "Alright son, Harry Redknapp 'ere darn the road at QPR. I'm gonna tell Phil Beard to ring your club and tell them that we are gonna take you off their 'ands for £5m. Then he is gonna pop a fax over to you saying we will pay you £30K a week, sign it, fax it back and get a note from your GP that you are fit and well and I'll see you darn 'Arlington for training tomorrow morning - oh and bring a spare set of bill grundys cos we is flying out to Germany for a kick around this week an all"

Job done

Why any delay to these announcements????

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Steven Caulker on 14:21 - Jul 21 with 3716 viewsdaveB

Steven Caulker on 14:09 - Jul 21 by Juzzie

I think the rush is the longer they take, the more chances we'll lose other potential players if they decide not to join us. Look at all the fannying around with Briatore selling the club and we had the dirge to choose from with 10 days of the summer window left.

How long does it take to make your mind up? If it's longer than a week then maybe we're not the club for that player and vice versa.

Well it's a big decision, moving his family from Wales, if he has kids it will be about finding a new school for them, maybe a new house that's before the football decisions come into play. It's not all straight forward. I f I was offered a job at the other end of the country on more money I'd still take a while to think about it. This is a key moment in his career, a regular England place up for grabs so if he picked the wrong club he will regret it.
Steven Caulker on 14:25 - Jul 21 with 3687 viewsrunningman75

Maybe put off by house prices in London. I'm sure Remy is contemplating buying the whole of Toxteth now.
Steven Caulker on 14:28 - Jul 21 with 3658 viewsA40Bosh

Steven Caulker on 14:21 - Jul 21 by daveB

Well it's a big decision, moving his family from Wales, if he has kids it will be about finding a new school for them, maybe a new house that's before the football decisions come into play. It's not all straight forward. I f I was offered a job at the other end of the country on more money I'd still take a while to think about it. This is a key moment in his career, a regular England place up for grabs so if he picked the wrong club he will regret it.

and also you might be hanging on until the last minute in case another company were able to give you a similar offer without the need to up sticks and upset the whole family.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Login to get fewer ads

Steven Caulker on 15:00 - Jul 21 with 3546 viewsJuzzie

Steven Caulker on 14:21 - Jul 21 by daveB

I understand, however, footballers know their career can move them all over the place and that's something they and their family if they have one have to deal with, like people in the armed forces. They have to be able to react & decide quickly, especially during the transfer window, and they earn 10000 times what you and I earn and believe me, that'll help alot.

Many moons ago I got offered a job and had a week to think about it. I don't see why they can't do the same. They know when the transfer windows are and can be pre-prepared, he knows that what with Cardiff being relegated offers will come in. It's not as though it'll be sprung upon him.
Steven Caulker on 15:39 - Jul 21 with 3439 viewsdaveB

Steven Caulker on 14:28 - Jul 21 by A40Bosh

and also you might be hanging on until the last minute in case another company were able to give you a similar offer without the need to up sticks and upset the whole family.

obviously and he'd be an idiot to sign straight away when clubs like Southampton and Liverpool have shown an interest
Steven Caulker on 17:07 - Jul 21 with 3296 viewsSomersetHoops

I'm glad everyone cares about the player's welfare, but for me its more important we get players who want to come. Caulker obviously sees QPR as a last resort and on that basis I would prefer we gave him the deadline of the start of our pre-season and moved on to the next target in that position. He has had plenty of time to think about coming to QPR, the offer has been in place long enough. Its time to withdraw it and look elsewhere. Surely he isn't our only option, but if we continue to prevaricate he will be. We then will either end up paying over the odds for him to join us, or if he goes elsewhere be stuck once again with the dregs of what is left.

Who's Next?

Steven Caulker on 17:11 - Jul 21 with 3275 viewsdaveB

Steven Caulker on 17:07 - Jul 21 by SomersetHoops

I'm glad everyone cares about the player's welfare, but for me its more important we get players who want to come. Caulker obviously sees QPR as a last resort and on that basis I would prefer we gave him the deadline of the start of our pre-season and moved on to the next target in that position. He has had plenty of time to think about coming to QPR, the offer has been in place long enough. Its time to withdraw it and look elsewhere. Surely he isn't our only option, but if we continue to prevaricate he will be. We then will either end up paying over the odds for him to join us, or if he goes elsewhere be stuck once again with the dregs of what is left.

why are we his last resort? I'm not sure where you are getting that from. The club have been negotiating with his agent and were pretty close to an agreement at the weekend so if we pull out now it would be a bit daft. Sometimes these deals take a lot of time to get done
Steven Caulker on 17:47 - Jul 21 with 3215 viewstimcocking

Steven Caulker on 14:02 - Jul 21 by gordanoR

As i didn't watch any premiership football last season & have never seen him play it does seem like a lot of fuss over a player who was relegated.

No, he was superb last year. I'd have said we have no chance of signing him if you'd asked me a month ago. I'll still be very surprised.
Steven Caulker on 17:48 - Jul 21 with 3208 viewsHollowayRanger

I think he's waiting for Southampton to sell to Liverpool who will then in turn buy him

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Steven Caulker on 18:00 - Jul 21 with 3162 viewsDiscodroid

reminds me of danny dichio all those years ago and houston telling us with tongue in cheek that "danny he was holding out for ac milan or juventus'.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Steven Caulker on 19:13 - Jul 21 with 3073 viewsBerkoRanger

ITKs on Fantasy Island saying he signed 11.00 pm last Friday night and to be announced tomorrow. Just passing it on.
Steven Caulker on 21:12 - Jul 21 with 2783 viewsrsonist

If it wasn't for the drip-feed of rumours then none of us would be in lather about this.

It's only natural he waits to see if a better offer comes in before committing to us at a crucial stage of his career. It's football, and at the moment we have our particular place in the food chain. No need to feel rejected.
Steven Caulker on 21:16 - Jul 21 with 2774 viewsloftboy

Steven Caulker on 19:13 - Jul 21 by BerkoRanger

ITKs on Fantasy Island saying he signed 11.00 pm last Friday night and to be announced tomorrow. Just passing it on.

He will be off to Southampton then!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Steven Caulker on 22:33 - Jul 21 with 2599 viewsloftus77

Steven Caulker on 18:00 - Jul 21 by Discodroid

reminds me of danny dichio all those years ago and houston telling us with tongue in cheek that "danny he was holding out for ac milan or juventus'.

The "Italian Stallion" became the "Hammersmith Horse" as I recall...
Steven Caulker on 07:33 - Jul 22 with 2464 viewskingsburyR

Medical today as reported on TalkSport.

That's a positive to hold on to for the rest of the morning!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Steven Caulker on 09:16 - Jul 22 with 2392 viewsItalianR

Steven Caulker on 17:48 - Jul 21 by HollowayRanger

I think he's waiting for Southampton to sell to Liverpool who will then in turn buy him

Caulker aside, are Southampton at the moment a better place to go? They lost Pochettino and let go Lallana, Shaw, Lambert and will probably lose Schneiderlin and Lovren too. Osvaldo didn't show up. They bought Graziano Pelle' for Christ's sake.
Steven Caulker on 09:20 - Jul 22 with 2370 viewslondonscottish

Steven Caulker on 07:33 - Jul 22 by kingsburyR

Medical today as reported on TalkSport.

That's a positive to hold on to for the rest of the morning!

I hear you.

Not as good a wide-eyed mouth-frothing panic, though, is it :-)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Steven Caulker on 09:21 - Jul 22 with 2363 viewsvblockranger

Decent signing tbf
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024