Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? 12:40 - Aug 6 with 5849 viewsGarstangTaxiService

At all?

Please Jose give us something worth supporting.
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 12:47 - Aug 6 with 4889 viewsceecyder

I like the sound of what is happening:

Good Manager
Reasonably good players
KO now appears to have started to "Put Football First" ...... only time will tell..
I refuse to try and pretend I know how these players will gel as a team.
Assuming Jose Riga is as good a manager as Charlton clearly think, and he can motivate these players into a team..then;

We may have a rough start to the season, but I can feel a great end to it even challenging for Play-off places.

UTMP!
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 12:57 - Aug 6 with 4862 viewss88bfc

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 12:47 - Aug 6 by ceecyder

I like the sound of what is happening:

Good Manager
Reasonably good players
KO now appears to have started to "Put Football First" ...... only time will tell..
I refuse to try and pretend I know how these players will gel as a team.
Assuming Jose Riga is as good a manager as Charlton clearly think, and he can motivate these players into a team..then;

We may have a rough start to the season, but I can feel a great end to it even challenging for Play-off places.

UTMP!

Very happy with the midfield, Joe Lewis could turn into a great signing, but I'm worried about the defence and our attacking options, we need Miller or A N other to give us some bite
It just angers me why these players couldn't have come in a month ago to give the team time to gel,but we all know the reason why.
It would be just like Pool to go to Forest and get something,and let's face it, if we don't have a clue how they are going to play neither will S Pearce!
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:03 - Aug 6 with 4833 viewsBillyAyre

Tbf, it's hard to feel anything for players you've not yet seen play.

We are still a long way off having a competitive squad. I can't believe there are people talking about play-offs etc
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:11 - Aug 6 with 4805 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'm not sure what you want people to "feel" GTS, if I'm honest.

It might be a product of living away, but I don't know any of our players and never have. I wouldn't know them if I bumped into them in the street. I support the shirt they wear, more them personally. The club is a constant symbol ; I love it the same at any time.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:17 - Aug 6 with 4775 viewsclappers

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:11 - Aug 6 by basilrobbiereborn

I'm not sure what you want people to "feel" GTS, if I'm honest.

It might be a product of living away, but I don't know any of our players and never have. I wouldn't know them if I bumped into them in the street. I support the shirt they wear, more them personally. The club is a constant symbol ; I love it the same at any time.

After the summer shambles, it will be tough for supporters to enter the season with much enthusiasm. Unless the team generates it through its displays early doors, we are set fair for more drudgery.

If you have the urge to stand and shout...it has to be for OYSTON OUT!

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:25 - Aug 6 with 4751 viewsBillyAyre

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:17 - Aug 6 by clappers

After the summer shambles, it will be tough for supporters to enter the season with much enthusiasm. Unless the team generates it through its displays early doors, we are set fair for more drudgery.

Yep.

With the lack of preparation, I think it will take until at least November until the players start to resemble anything like a coherent team.
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:34 - Aug 6 with 4724 viewsAllezBlackpool

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:25 - Aug 6 by BillyAyre

Yep.

With the lack of preparation, I think it will take until at least November until the players start to resemble anything like a coherent team.

We need Angel back to help them gel on and off the pitch. IMHO of course.

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:41 - Aug 6 with 4714 viewstanger

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:34 - Aug 6 by AllezBlackpool

We need Angel back to help them gel on and off the pitch. IMHO of course.

I can only name Peter Clarke, and McMahon who are the other players?!
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:44 - Aug 6 with 4705 viewsWizaard

I like the type and pedigree of the players we are signing. Unlike last season, they look like they will be trying to play football and are suitable for this level.

As and when Miller signs to add the apex to the attack, I think we'll grow into the side and be enthused about them and the way they play.

Looking forward to Saturday to see a Riga side in action.
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:47 - Aug 6 with 4698 viewsclappers

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:44 - Aug 6 by Wizaard

I like the type and pedigree of the players we are signing. Unlike last season, they look like they will be trying to play football and are suitable for this level.

As and when Miller signs to add the apex to the attack, I think we'll grow into the side and be enthused about them and the way they play.

Looking forward to Saturday to see a Riga side in action.

I'm predicting one of your "searching for silver linings/hope for the future" efforts post match Wizaard.

If you have the urge to stand and shout...it has to be for OYSTON OUT!

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:47 - Aug 6 with 4695 viewsOldSkool

half-hearted again this season.
Oyston has sucked out the enthusiasm.
It will never feel like OUR team again, until they have gone.
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:48 - Aug 6 with 4694 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

Worried about our centre backs TBH.

As for the rest, one lives in hope but not expectation.

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:54 - Aug 6 with 4671 viewsstraightatthewall

I think 50's last post sums up things nicely.

Robbie - you're yet to reach iconic status on this site... - you're not kidding anyone with that response about supporting the shirt. GTS has a valid point. Part of the 'experience' is going into the ground, looking at the team sheet and feeling that euphoric lift/punch in the guts when you realise that certain players aren't playing. In the same way, so we look at the team and instinctively know whether they are 'with us' or not.

At the moment, there's simply no way at all of feeling anything for this team. And I'd say that feeling something for them is undoubtedly part of being a supporter.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:00 - Aug 6 with 4662 viewsPoolSupporter

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:54 - Aug 6 by straightatthewall

Robbie - you're yet to reach iconic status on this site... - you're not kidding anyone with that response about supporting the shirt. GTS has a valid point. Part of the 'experience' is going into the ground, looking at the team sheet and feeling that euphoric lift/punch in the guts when you realise that certain players aren't playing. In the same way, so we look at the team and instinctively know whether they are 'with us' or not.

At the moment, there's simply no way at all of feeling anything for this team. And I'd say that feeling something for them is undoubtedly part of being a supporter.

Jesus

The signings and manager are all far better than this time last season.

How can you not be up for it ????
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:02 - Aug 6 with 4657 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:54 - Aug 6 by straightatthewall

For someone who is "out" of this site, you seem to be finding it hard to leave.

As for the "icon" crap, you know as well as I do that I didn't seek that title, and only play up to it when bantering with others. If you want to see an improvement in the quality of debate on here and make it more football-centric, then you could help matters along by setting an example - rather than posting about me.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:08 - Aug 6 with 4639 viewsYarmouthSeasider

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:00 - Aug 6 by PoolSupporter

Jesus

The signings and manager are all far better than this time last season.

How can you not be up for it ????

It's a difficult one, the preseason has been so disjointed and problematic it's hard to know what to feel. The manager and some of the recent incoming players would normally be producing a degree of excitement but the manner of the way we have arrived at today is beyond stupidity.

Quite a few of the new arrivals have been free agents, it begs the question why they haven't arrived earlier.
We are still short of numbers, surely we need another keeper, we all saw the results of only having one most of last season, as for the rest, only time will tell!

Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:10 - Aug 6 with 4619 viewsGarstangTaxiService

He isn't fooling me either straighters.

Robbie did you not feel anything when Hoolahan ran out at Leicester? When it was Southern that scored the same game. Your mate from BSA did as I could see her jumping around halfway down the stand all game.

It is cool that we have signed a "World Cup star" and I hope his "GoTangerines" catches on, but it isn't cool how we have shipped a load of forgettable players out and waited ALL summer to ship some more in. The way it has panned out is soooooo contrived - Clarkey, Fonz. "Riga and Blake wanted them." I don't buy it.

I am no fanboy, I would shake hands with any Pool player but I don't hero worship them. I just want to see a team I can recognise and be proud of as a Blackpool team. You can't manufacture that. I felt it in 2001 and 2007 and 2010 but not now. Like I say, I believe in Jose and I hope the guy can do something about it, against the odds.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 14:14]
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:11 - Aug 6 with 4614 viewsHertsseasider

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:08 - Aug 6 by YarmouthSeasider

It's a difficult one, the preseason has been so disjointed and problematic it's hard to know what to feel. The manager and some of the recent incoming players would normally be producing a degree of excitement but the manner of the way we have arrived at today is beyond stupidity.

Quite a few of the new arrivals have been free agents, it begs the question why they haven't arrived earlier.
We are still short of numbers, surely we need another keeper, we all saw the results of only having one most of last season, as for the rest, only time will tell!

Take a look at each and evryone of the players in the Charlie's Pen video and compare them with the list in Straighters team down the page.

Of course its a new start etc etc but they are going to have to go some way to get on the same level for me.

"Schools Out London"

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:15 - Aug 6 with 4603 viewsstraightatthewall

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:02 - Aug 6 by basilrobbiereborn

For someone who is "out" of this site, you seem to be finding it hard to leave.

As for the "icon" crap, you know as well as I do that I didn't seek that title, and only play up to it when bantering with others. If you want to see an improvement in the quality of debate on here and make it more football-centric, then you could help matters along by setting an example - rather than posting about me.

I actually said I'd be out of it IF the standard of debate didn't improve, but don't let that get in the way of your PMT benny. And you revel in the Icon monicker. We all know it.

But mores the point, my response was definitely about football and being a football supporter in particular. How the hell am I supposed to respond to a point you make without addressing it to you, you berk?

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:19 - Aug 6 with 4587 viewsstraightatthewall

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:11 - Aug 6 by Hertsseasider

Take a look at each and evryone of the players in the Charlie's Pen video and compare them with the list in Straighters team down the page.

Of course its a new start etc etc but they are going to have to go some way to get on the same level for me.

Herts,

bang on mate.

This idea that we're suddenly great again is great in terms of positive thinking, but massively flawed in terms of reality. The only truth we currently know is that we know precious little about the manager or the players he's brining in.

This time last year, the same things were being said. 4 weeks down the line, things were even more positive and Ince was being called a better tactician than Holloway ever was....

And Robbie - this sort of thing will improve the site no end. You can thank me for injecting some much needed oomph into proceedings next time we meet.

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:24 - Aug 6 with 4574 viewswe_are_Superior

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:19 - Aug 6 by straightatthewall

Herts,

bang on mate.

This idea that we're suddenly great again is great in terms of positive thinking, but massively flawed in terms of reality. The only truth we currently know is that we know precious little about the manager or the players he's brining in.

This time last year, the same things were being said. 4 weeks down the line, things were even more positive and Ince was being called a better tactician than Holloway ever was....

And Robbie - this sort of thing will improve the site no end. You can thank me for injecting some much needed oomph into proceedings next time we meet.

For me, I'd have to see them play. At the moment they're a series of names, some of whom I know, many of whom I don't, who I have no connection to. Once I've seen them play a few games it'll become clearer (for everyone!)

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:29 - Aug 6 with 4555 viewswee_Bob

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:24 - Aug 6 by we_are_Superior

For me, I'd have to see them play. At the moment they're a series of names, some of whom I know, many of whom I don't, who I have no connection to. Once I've seen them play a few games it'll become clearer (for everyone!)

All I can say about this side at the moment is that I don't think it will be relegated - enough quality to be a good mid-table side, but not sure it'll be anything more than that!
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:29 - Aug 6 with 4548 viewsspider29

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:19 - Aug 6 by straightatthewall

Herts,

bang on mate.

How on this earth can anyone...
feel anything for this team yet ?
Unless u went friendlies (I didn't should be free )...
Nobody has seen them play a competive game....
They might be...
Good...
Rubbish...
Indifferent..
Come back 4:50 Saturday !
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:30 - Aug 6 with 4553 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

I know what Straighters means and i also agree with BRR.

I won't recognise 90% of the squad on Sat, but when they run out at 2.55pm and the home goons have finished that Mull of Kintyre nonsense, i'll be pumped and as eager as ever.

It's not fair on the new players for us to keep comparing them with the legends of 2010 - but we can live in hope i guess.

UTMP

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:38 - Aug 6 with 4534 viewsstraightatthewall

50's,

It's not about comparing them with anyone, but aside from robbie's perfect world, we can all admit that in the life of a supporter there are teams and players that you support more than others. And it doesn't need to be a successful team either, as I have very fond memories of Billy Ayre's battlers who twice avoided relegation back to the 4th. I couldn't say the same for the merry-go-round of strangers that Hendry and even Grayson used in achieving the same 'goal' over 10 years later. They really were just a bunch of players in tangerine. They got my support, but the didn't get my heart....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024