Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just had a comment 09:59 - Dec 23 with 9330 viewshindu_seasider

I work on the disability benefit PIP and even had a customer (a motherwith a son with severe autism) say how disgusted they were with Oystons comments and what a vile human being he was.....if the cap fits.

**queue apologists with the 'she doesn't know what she's talking about' comments
Just had a comment on 10:15 - Dec 23 with 6971 viewsAllezBlackpool

My god you have a job???

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

Just had a comment on 10:58 - Dec 23 with 6944 viewshindu_seasider

Just had a comment on 10:15 - Dec 23 by AllezBlackpool

My god you have a job???

No s**t Sherlock! Your point being?
Just had a comment on 11:02 - Dec 23 with 6943 viewsWizaard

Don't think there's a need for the final line really.

Don't think there's anyone out there who thinks that Oyston's comments are acceptable, particularly not from a position of his power and influence.
Just had a comment on 11:16 - Dec 23 with 6928 viewsterminallytangerine

Just had a comment on 11:02 - Dec 23 by Wizaard

Don't think there's anyone out there who thinks that Oyston's comments are acceptable, particularly not from a position of his power and influence.

There does seem to be a message board culture whereby anyone can make up what they like about what other people are thinking and repeat this ad nauseam so they convince themselves that it is true.

I suppose it satisfies some deep psychological need but doesn't appeal to most people. I'm not saying it is a disability, just a different way of looking at the world.

I don't think there was anyone who would not sympathise with the person who is alleged to have spoken to HS.
Just had a comment on 11:47 - Dec 23 with 6893 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Just had a comment on 11:02 - Dec 23 by Wizaard

I agree the comments are not acceptable - but can't agree that it is any different to anyone else making them. "a position of his power and influence" doesn't make someone's use of such terms any more or less disagreeable. A quick Google reveals our fans have used the same term on the old AVFTT in the past and nobody ever even questioned them. It's probably the same fans who are now up in arms about the term. There should be no double standards. In fact, when you see the double standards, it makes you wonder if the disabled are now being used as another stick to beat the Chairman with, especially when the release of the information was delayed a month and immediately followed a big defeat. If the same thing had come from Charlie Adam in his prime for us, would the fan have even reported it to media?
Just had a comment on 12:00 - Dec 23 with 6878 viewsWizaard

Just had a comment on 11:47 - Dec 23 by BigHandsOliverKahn

I agree the comments are not acceptable - but can't agree that it is any different to anyone else making them. "a position of his power and influence" doesn't make someone's use of such terms any more or less disagreeable. A quick Google reveals our fans have used the same term on the old AVFTT in the past and nobody ever even questioned them. It's probably the same fans who are now up in arms about the term. There should be no double standards. In fact, when you see the double standards, it makes you wonder if the disabled are now being used as another stick to beat the Chairman with, especially when the release of the information was delayed a month and immediately followed a big defeat. If the same thing had come from Charlie Adam in his prime for us, would the fan have even reported it to media?

I agree with what you say. For clarity though, if you're in that kind of position, you have to be doubly careful, as surely you know people are looking for exactly this kind of stuff to do you down?
Just had a comment on 12:20 - Dec 23 with 6862 viewshindu_seasider

Just had a comment on 12:00 - Dec 23 by Wizaard

I agree with what you say. For clarity though, if you're in that kind of position, you have to be doubly careful, as surely you know people are looking for exactly this kind of stuff to do you down?

The main issue is that he's said these things about paying customers, or the most important group of a football club.....the fans. People can try and defend him by trying to make excuses for him but the fact he's admitted to our decline as a one man revenge mission shows he has no regard for the club or fans. If it's true that one of his jobs on the fl board is to see whether chairman are fit & proper to run football clubs it would be rather ironic wouldn't it lmao??
Just had a comment on 12:39 - Dec 23 with 6837 viewsWizaard

Just had a comment on 12:20 - Dec 23 by hindu_seasider

The main issue is that he's said these things about paying customers, or the most important group of a football club.....the fans. People can try and defend him by trying to make excuses for him but the fact he's admitted to our decline as a one man revenge mission shows he has no regard for the club or fans. If it's true that one of his jobs on the fl board is to see whether chairman are fit & proper to run football clubs it would be rather ironic wouldn't it lmao??

Don't think anyone can or will defend him.

To be honest though, surely the comments about the Conference and a one man revenge mission are his attempt at a joke? He doesn't mean those literally, surely?

As I see it, he loves accumulating money. You don't do that by going down three Divisions while devaluing your business constantly. From his POV now is not the right time to sell. I'd be more inclined to believe he'd get out IF* we stayed up.

*Note use of big if.
Login to get fewer ads

Just had a comment on 12:44 - Dec 23 with 6831 viewsHattonsTache

Just had a comment on 12:20 - Dec 23 by hindu_seasider

BHOK - you are right in that what he has said is only as offensive as some of the things that have been said about him from the anonimity of the internet. But two wrongs don't make a right and anyone who makes comments like those KO should be condemned. It is not as if this sort of thing has never happened before (Whelan, McKay etc). The whole thing shows remarkably poor judgement and yes, the offense caused is compounded because he is the chairman of the club. What is shocking is the contempt that he has for ordinary people with ordinary professions who make up the paying customers of his business. Shame on you KO - I don't think that he can ever recover from this - just resign and let us move on.
Just had a comment on 12:45 - Dec 23 with 6828 viewshindu_seasider

Just had a comment on 12:39 - Dec 23 by Wizaard

Don't think anyone can or will defend him.

To be honest though, surely the comments about the Conference and a one man revenge mission are his attempt at a joke? He doesn't mean those literally, surely?

As I see it, he loves accumulating money. You don't do that by going down three Divisions while devaluing your business constantly. From his POV now is not the right time to sell. I'd be more inclined to believe he'd get out IF* we stayed up.

*Note use of big if.

No one defending him, are you having a laugh? You and BHOK are trying to make excuses for him! It's pathetic. Do either of you have any disabled relatives?
Just had a comment on 12:52 - Dec 23 with 6819 viewsalbertodelrio

What I have learned in the past 24 hrs regarding texgate is that Karl is not the sharpest tool in the box and that's not something that is going to change.
Just had a comment on 12:59 - Dec 23 with 6803 viewsWizaard

Just had a comment on 12:45 - Dec 23 by hindu_seasider

No one defending him, are you having a laugh? You and BHOK are trying to make excuses for him! It's pathetic. Do either of you have any disabled relatives?

Find one post where I've made an excuse for him.

I can find plenty of posts both on here and Fansonline where I've spelt out just how wrong he is, and why.

I've made it perfectly clear that his behaviour is totally unacceptable. If you can't see that, then you're far too prejudiced, or illiterate.
Just had a comment on 13:02 - Dec 23 with 6793 viewsjanegallagher

Just had a comment on 12:59 - Dec 23 by Wizaard

Find one post where I've made an excuse for him.

I can find plenty of posts both on here and Fansonline where I've spelt out just how wrong he is, and why.

I've made it perfectly clear that his behaviour is totally unacceptable. If you can't see that, then you're far too prejudiced, or illiterate.

Wiz don't waste your energy on him. He's a WUM.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Just had a comment on 13:10 - Dec 23 with 6784 viewsPNENIL

Nobody is making excuses for him hindu. Maybe you need to read properly what some people post.
The main issue as well is not that he's said this to a fan or his own
customer base but that he's said it at all and used those terms.
I think the later released texts can largely be ignored except maybe if your Jose Riga or a local chairman. Everything else surely was tongue in cheek.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2014 13:12]
Just had a comment on 13:12 - Dec 23 with 6780 viewsLala

Just had a comment on 13:10 - Dec 23 by PNENIL

Nobody is making excuses for him hindu. Maybe you need to read properly what some people post.
The main issue as well is not that he's said this to a fan or his own
customer base but that he's said it at all and used those terms.
I think the later released texts can largely be ignored except maybe if your Jose Riga or a local chairman. Everything else surely was tongue in cheek.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2014 13:12]

Hindu - I do know you shouldn't be discussing any conversations with your customers, that much I do know. Clown.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Just had a comment on 13:42 - Dec 23 with 6745 viewshindu_seasider

Just had a comment on 13:12 - Dec 23 by Lala

Hindu - I do know you shouldn't be discussing any conversations with your customers, that much I do know. Clown.

If you read the op again I said that the customer made a comment, I didn't bring it up in conversation....clown
Just had a comment on 14:29 - Dec 23 with 6719 viewsCurryman

Just had a comment on 13:42 - Dec 23 by hindu_seasider

If you read the op again I said that the customer made a comment, I didn't bring it up in conversation....clown

It's a tad worrying that all of a sudden some on this board are resorting to name calling and point scoring. It's one of the things I like about the board, sensible debate without resorting to childishness.

Stick to sensible debate please.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Just had a comment on 14:33 - Dec 23 with 6708 viewsstu

Point scoring?

Tangerine is the new black

Just had a comment on 20:42 - Dec 23 with 6592 viewsribble

I have not seen one person defend or make an excuse for Oyston's foolish behavior. What I do see are posters making some valid points as part of a general discussion. Which is rather the point of a forum.
Just had a comment on 20:53 - Dec 23 with 6576 viewsfleetwoodbry

Just had a comment on 13:42 - Dec 23 by hindu_seasider

Hindu if you had a brain you'd be dangerous!! What lala said is perfectly valid, you are discussing a conversation you had with a customer, FACT! No one said you started the conversation, simply that you are discussing it on here, FACT
Just had a comment on 21:57 - Dec 23 with 6524 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Just had a comment on 20:53 - Dec 23 by fleetwoodbry

Hindu if you had a brain you'd be dangerous!! What lala said is perfectly valid, you are discussing a conversation you had with a customer, FACT! No one said you started the conversation, simply that you are discussing it on here, FACT

Hardly breaching any confidences though was he !

Back on topic interesting debate on here Not sure what BHOK's point is about the timing of these texts that said

#footballfirst

Just had a comment on 22:06 - Dec 23 with 6514 viewshindu_seasider

Just had a comment on 21:57 - Dec 23 by TwelveAngryMen

Hardly breaching any confidences though was he !

Back on topic interesting debate on here Not sure what BHOK's point is about the timing of these texts that said

A comment not conversation, i think you're the one that would be dangerous with a brain. Better luck next time Fleetwood
Just had a comment on 22:40 - Dec 23 with 6464 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Just had a comment on 22:06 - Dec 23 by hindu_seasider

A comment not conversation, i think you're the one that would be dangerous with a brain. Better luck next time Fleetwood

I think you should quit while you're behind P***.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2014 22:41]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Just had a comment on 07:40 - Dec 24 with 6340 viewstangerinemoss

Just had a comment on 22:40 - Dec 23 by basilrobbiereborn

I think you should quit while you're behind P***.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2014 22:41]

New AVFTT, the home of reasoned debate and respect lol. And all the old suspects, fresh from congratulating themselves how superior they are, resort to playground name calling.

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

Just had a comment on 08:49 - Dec 24 with 6301 viewsRusty2Stands

Just had a comment on 07:40 - Dec 24 by tangerinemoss

New AVFTT, the home of reasoned debate and respect lol. And all the old suspects, fresh from congratulating themselves how superior they are, resort to playground name calling.

Just what I was thinking Moss.
And some of this lot have the brass neck to slag the real site.
You can see why some of them empathise with KOKO though, they share that same arrogant, superior attitude.
Like a bunch of kids in a playground, with the resident clown BHOK right there in the thick of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024