Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Three Games will define our season 15:24 - Dec 24 with 1929 viewsTwoPhillips

Anyone else think that these are the three that will decide if we have a chance of staying up or not? Rotherham and Millwall are must wins and I'd go as far as to say so is Sheff Wed. Big ask but imagine what 9 points would do for moral and confidence and also lure new players to the club.

Anyone else think that's the scenario?

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Next Three Games will define our season on 15:37 - Dec 24 with 1925 viewsOrioltwins

Totally agree TP - I would say anything less than 7 points would be disappointing - Wolves (away) and Watford (away) won't be easy before Brighton at home is another biggie.

Need to be over 20 points by the end of Jan or I would say we're stuffed!

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

Next Three Games will define our season on 17:40 - Dec 24 with 1909 viewsOsbourne

A little bit of Pool mathematics :

So far 2014-15 Pool have played 22. Pool have got 13 out of 66 points available.

24 matches remaining. Therefore, 72 points to play for.

44 points stayed up 2013-14, that was Birmingham. OK, I know that Doncaster went down wit 44 points too, but this is 'insane optimist Osbourne' posting!

Therefore, Pool need 31 points from the remaining 24 matches of 2014-15, there are still 72 points to play for.

Put simply, that means, 10 wins and 1 draw out of 24 matches would do it.

Therefore, will the next 3 games define Pools season? Well 9 points from Sheffield Wednesday away, Rotherham and Millwall at home will ease everyone's raising blood pressure, that's for sure.
Next Three Games will define our season on 00:16 - Dec 25 with 1879 viewsOverWired

Next Three Games will define our season on 17:40 - Dec 24 by Osbourne

A little bit of Pool mathematics :

So far 2014-15 Pool have played 22. Pool have got 13 out of 66 points available.

24 matches remaining. Therefore, 72 points to play for.

44 points stayed up 2013-14, that was Birmingham. OK, I know that Doncaster went down wit 44 points too, but this is 'insane optimist Osbourne' posting!

Therefore, Pool need 31 points from the remaining 24 matches of 2014-15, there are still 72 points to play for.

Put simply, that means, 10 wins and 1 draw out of 24 matches would do it.

Therefore, will the next 3 games define Pools season? Well 9 points from Sheffield Wednesday away, Rotherham and Millwall at home will ease everyone's raising blood pressure, that's for sure.

Will you lot actually get the situation we are in? We've been relegated since last month and there are still some of you who think that a 'few wins' will make it all better. It's not. It's over. It won't stop me going to watch every game though.
Next Three Games will define our season on 10:38 - Dec 25 with 1848 viewsOsbourne

Next Three Games will define our season on 00:16 - Dec 25 by OverWired

Will you lot actually get the situation we are in? We've been relegated since last month and there are still some of you who think that a 'few wins' will make it all better. It's not. It's over. It won't stop me going to watch every game though.

OverWired,

Pool mathematics suggest otherwise.

3 wins against Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham and Millwall will get you sweating again, OverWired. Throw in an FA cup win v Villa as well and you could become? Well, 'Over Wired' with gloom.

Championship status isn't over until it's over, it's far from over yet, take a study of Osbourne's Pool Mathematics. These Pool mathematics are there for all to see, even 'OverWired' supporters.

Plus, Nile's official penalty taker under Lee Clark, so, as long as Pool can find him, every penalty Pool get is already in the back of the onion bag.
Next Three Games will define our season on 10:49 - Dec 25 with 1836 viewsspooner

Next Three Games will define our season on 15:37 - Dec 24 by Orioltwins

Totally agree TP - I would say anything less than 7 points would be disappointing - Wolves (away) and Watford (away) won't be easy before Brighton at home is another biggie.

Need to be over 20 points by the end of Jan or I would say we're stuffed!

On various sites, we've been saying this for some time.
Every game is important and, whilst I agree our situation looks desperate, I delude myself, each match-day morning, that I'm going to witness the beginning of a turnaround in our fortunes today.
Nile still our designated spot-kick taker after Watford?
Next Three Games will define our season on 11:06 - Dec 25 with 1833 viewsOsbourne

Next Three Games will define our season on 10:49 - Dec 25 by spooner

On various sites, we've been saying this for some time.
Every game is important and, whilst I agree our situation looks desperate, I delude myself, each match-day morning, that I'm going to witness the beginning of a turnaround in our fortunes today.
Nile still our designated spot-kick taker after Watford?

spooner,
Nile is being paid per goal, allegedly? 'Budget Karl!'

Depending on how closely one follows Pool, there is a little humour in there. Under Riga, official penalty taker was Clarke, who was on the field v Watford!

I hope Nile comes back. He is 'box office.'

I hope you don't mind a bit of humour, spooner. I think Pool fans need it 2014-15. Plus, as you concur, Pool are not down yet.
Next Three Games will define our season on 11:31 - Dec 25 with 1827 viewsspooner

Next Three Games will define our season on 11:06 - Dec 25 by Osbourne

spooner,
Nile is being paid per goal, allegedly? 'Budget Karl!'

Depending on how closely one follows Pool, there is a little humour in there. Under Riga, official penalty taker was Clarke, who was on the field v Watford!

I hope Nile comes back. He is 'box office.'

I hope you don't mind a bit of humour, spooner. I think Pool fans need it 2014-15. Plus, as you concur, Pool are not down yet.

Merry Christmas Osbourne.
I think we all need a little humour, following our club.
Have a great day
Next Three Games will define our season on 13:01 - Dec 25 with 1804 viewstangersteve

Next Three Games will define our season on 11:31 - Dec 25 by spooner

Merry Christmas Osbourne.
I think we all need a little humour, following our club.
Have a great day

3 wins from the next 3 would put us back in the mix and we would probably go on from there and stay up.
The thing is we're probably going to get 4 or five points and stay at around 10 points from safety for the rest of the season, but you never know, we will need a lot of luck though
Login to get fewer ads

Next Three Games will define our season on 20:06 - Dec 25 with 1755 viewsWizaard

Next Three Games will define our season on 13:01 - Dec 25 by tangersteve

3 wins from the next 3 would put us back in the mix and we would probably go on from there and stay up.
The thing is we're probably going to get 4 or five points and stay at around 10 points from safety for the rest of the season, but you never know, we will need a lot of luck though

Three wins from three would be very welcome but as likely as Marilyn Monroe appearing at the new Superstadium the Oystons were delivering in the 90s.

Before the Bournemouth game, while waiting for the train after Charlton, One Dave Bamber and I were in agreement that two wins before the end of December were essential if we were to have any chance. The manner of last week's defeat really knocked the fans' confidence as much as anything.

Anything less than four points and even I will concede we're down.
Next Three Games will define our season on 12:11 - Dec 26 with 1631 viewsOsbourne

TwoPhillips,

Gazette (Friday 26th) are going with virtually the same post!

'Three days to change season' - but only talking about the Christmas games, Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham.

Lee Clark is quoted as saying :
"If we are successful and come out with maximum points it changes the whole situation going into the new year."

In the same article, Lee Clark says pretty much the same thing that I have been saying on AVFTT, and being lampooned for daring to say it too!

Lee Clark says : "I have looked back at last week's game (Bournemouth 1-6) in detail and saw two individual errors which led us going in at the break 2-0 down. Had we gone in all level at half - time it could have been a totally different game. I could then have made the changes we wanted to....."

Just saying! In reference to the 'A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth' thread.
I was lampooned on here for saying as much. I've been pulling the arrows out over Christmas!

Good luck today boys, 3 points today and pick the other 3 up at Bloomfield Road on Sunday. Any sign of Nile yet?
[Post edited 26 Dec 2014 12:14]
Next Three Games will define our season on 13:08 - Dec 26 with 1597 viewsTang67

Next Three Games will define our season on 12:11 - Dec 26 by Osbourne

TwoPhillips,

Gazette (Friday 26th) are going with virtually the same post!

'Three days to change season' - but only talking about the Christmas games, Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham.

Lee Clark is quoted as saying :
"If we are successful and come out with maximum points it changes the whole situation going into the new year."

In the same article, Lee Clark says pretty much the same thing that I have been saying on AVFTT, and being lampooned for daring to say it too!

Lee Clark says : "I have looked back at last week's game (Bournemouth 1-6) in detail and saw two individual errors which led us going in at the break 2-0 down. Had we gone in all level at half - time it could have been a totally different game. I could then have made the changes we wanted to....."

Just saying! In reference to the 'A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth' thread.
I was lampooned on here for saying as much. I've been pulling the arrows out over Christmas!

Good luck today boys, 3 points today and pick the other 3 up at Bloomfield Road on Sunday. Any sign of Nile yet?
[Post edited 26 Dec 2014 12:14]

4 points from next two games is a bare minimum to stay in touch - no hyperbolic hysteria just fact

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Next Three Games will define our season on 14:13 - Dec 26 with 1579 viewsThe_Ghost

I think the lack of pre-season and the stand off between Chairman and Manager defined our season. We're going down, and this is coming from someone who is normally an optimist.
Next Three Games will define our season on 17:54 - Dec 27 with 1502 viewsrigabeliever

Next Three Games will define our season on 14:13 - Dec 26 by The_Ghost

I think the lack of pre-season and the stand off between Chairman and Manager defined our season. We're going down, and this is coming from someone who is normally an optimist.

I'd agree Ghost - we weren't far off on Friday but I can see very little with so many injuries. There again if we did get 6 points and moved to 19 then at least it would give everyone some much needed hope - as it is we're walking to the executioner's trap door with little fight.

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

Next Three Games will define our season on 10:41 - Dec 28 with 1467 viewsOrioltwins

Next Three Games will define our season on 17:54 - Dec 27 by rigabeliever

I'd agree Ghost - we weren't far off on Friday but I can see very little with so many injuries. There again if we did get 6 points and moved to 19 then at least it would give everyone some much needed hope - as it is we're walking to the executioner's trap door with little fight.

I'd say nothing today and it's Game Over and I genuinely can't see anything today sadly.

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

Next Three Games will define our season on 10:45 - Dec 28 with 1460 viewsOsbourne

Next Three Games will define our season on 10:41 - Dec 28 by Orioltwins

I'd say nothing today and it's Game Over and I genuinely can't see anything today sadly.

Pool will win today.
Next Three Games will define our season on 14:58 - Dec 28 with 1430 viewstde74

Next Three Games will define our season on 10:45 - Dec 28 by Osbourne

Pool will win today.

It's game over already. It has been since August, even in the highly unlikely event that we scrape a win today.
Next Three Games will define our season on 16:31 - Dec 28 with 1400 viewshindu_seasider

Next Three Games will define our season on 14:58 - Dec 28 by tde74

It's game over already. It has been since August, even in the highly unlikely event that we scrape a win today.

We're down :(
Next Three Games will define our season on 18:02 - Dec 28 with 1381 viewsscratchingshed

Next Three Games will define our season on 16:31 - Dec 28 by hindu_seasider

We're down :(

We were down weeks ago anyone who thinks different are deluded, sorry.
Next Three Games will define our season on 18:19 - Dec 28 with 1373 viewsjanegallagher

So where will your loyalties lie next season shed, when we play Fleetwood.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Next Three Games will define our season on 19:31 - Dec 28 with 1341 viewsscratchingshed

Next Three Games will define our season on 18:19 - Dec 28 by janegallagher

So where will your loyalties lie next season shed, when we play Fleetwood.

Sorry Jane but I won't be lowering myself to watching league one football, and that's a promise.
Next Three Games will define our season on 20:09 - Dec 28 with 1316 viewsjanegallagher

But you watched league 2 last season

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Next Three Games will define our season on 20:14 - Dec 28 with 1310 viewsscratchingshed

Next Three Games will define our season on 20:09 - Dec 28 by janegallagher

But you watched league 2 last season

Sorry meant to say watching Blackpool.

I've watched them in the lower leagues for years but never again.
Next Three Games will define our season on 20:24 - Dec 28 with 1307 viewsjanegallagher

Even if we got new owners

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Next Three Games will define our season on 21:01 - Dec 28 with 1286 viewsolneyseasider

Next Three Games will define our season on 20:24 - Dec 28 by janegallagher

Even if we got new owners

WHEN we get new owners it'll feel like we've been promoted. Even though we have to fight our way back from League 1.
Next Three Games will define our season on 10:02 - Dec 29 with 1257 viewsbrassedoff

Next Three Games will define our season on 21:01 - Dec 28 by olneyseasider

WHEN we get new owners it'll feel like we've been promoted. Even though we have to fight our way back from League 1.

Agree with the last comment but I think re-reading the o/p there were 9 points there for the taking and the fact we have 1/6 speaks volumes - 5 points better off and we'd be four from safety - still maintain a run of wins would get us out of this but I think we've missed some real opportunities in Nov/Dec!

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024