Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? 11:40 - Dec 29 with 6165 viewsWindyMiller

Regularly visit the old AVFTT but prefer this one for how it looks etc but I still don't get why people like BloodTangerine and co insist on calling this the pro-Oyston, deluded or even as today 'pussies' site. I don't think the whole time I've read this site that there has been anyone defending Oyston, people like Curryman are vociferous in their condemnation and the editorials regularly knock the guy.

Think more would use this site if that incorrect perception was finally put to bed.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 22:05 - Dec 29 with 1383 viewsFountain

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:49 - Dec 29 by basilrobbiereborn

I've been playing for the darts team for years, on and off.

Far more off than on though.

edit to add : Ooooh, minus two! I'll have to rein in these hard-hitting posts, clearly.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2014 17:45]

As ever you were controversial.

Look you EITHER are a darts player or not. And whilst at it, may I ask just how many matches you attend per campaign? Were you any good or did you throw them straightatth....OK coat

slap me on the patio

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 02:03 - Dec 30 with 1325 viewsArchibaldKnox

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 17:08 - Dec 29 by Bloodtangerine

I didnt call this a pussy site...I ws very clearly referring to the other site post game last night not this one.

I also have never labelled this a pro Oyston site...plenty have and do but I havent

In a strange way, this reminds me when I was much younger.., the 80s, Thatcher-Reagan, Soviets, the Cold War, nukes, Greenham Common etc. You would be talking in a group and someone would say, 'oh, that's politics, I'm not interested in that, I don't believe in voting'... And your blood would boil because everything is controlled by politics. That's where the club is... everything on the field is controlled by the inept behaviour occurring within the stadium's offices, in the hotel and in seedy nightclubs. All outside our control. But it seems rotten to the core and anyone trying to focus solely on football is wilfully shutting one eye.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 2:09]
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 10:02 - Dec 30 with 1281 viewsWizaard

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 02:03 - Dec 30 by ArchibaldKnox

In a strange way, this reminds me when I was much younger.., the 80s, Thatcher-Reagan, Soviets, the Cold War, nukes, Greenham Common etc. You would be talking in a group and someone would say, 'oh, that's politics, I'm not interested in that, I don't believe in voting'... And your blood would boil because everything is controlled by politics. That's where the club is... everything on the field is controlled by the inept behaviour occurring within the stadium's offices, in the hotel and in seedy nightclubs. All outside our control. But it seems rotten to the core and anyone trying to focus solely on football is wilfully shutting one eye.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 2:09]

I think there's a balance to be struck. There is indeed a major issue at the very heart of the club, and that is quite rightly discussed. There is also a football club in there, and for me, I don't see any harm in discussions around performance after a game.

It's got to the point where doing so is 'wilfully turning a blind eye"

Far from it.
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 10:21 - Dec 30 with 1273 viewsFountain

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 10:02 - Dec 30 by Wizaard

I think there's a balance to be struck. There is indeed a major issue at the very heart of the club, and that is quite rightly discussed. There is also a football club in there, and for me, I don't see any harm in discussions around performance after a game.

It's got to the point where doing so is 'wilfully turning a blind eye"

Far from it.

The point I was making above is as much as you talk about the game/players the discussion will always come round to the 'bigger' issues at BFC.

Some choose to start with the bigger picture and work backwards until football comes in. Others take the football first but eventually......

slap me on the patio

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 12:19 - Dec 30 with 1258 viewsWizaard

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 10:21 - Dec 30 by Fountain

The point I was making above is as much as you talk about the game/players the discussion will always come round to the 'bigger' issues at BFC.

Some choose to start with the bigger picture and work backwards until football comes in. Others take the football first but eventually......

I accept that, I really do, as today's Gazette piece by me shows, but sometimes it's good to talk about the games, and there's a certain element who simply can't.

Maybe it's because they're boycotting games so can't have that discussion, but it is pounced upon every time as a sign of being pro-Oyston. That's nonsense.
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 12:34 - Dec 30 with 1251 viewsThe_Ghost

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 12:19 - Dec 30 by Wizaard

I accept that, I really do, as today's Gazette piece by me shows, but sometimes it's good to talk about the games, and there's a certain element who simply can't.

Maybe it's because they're boycotting games so can't have that discussion, but it is pounced upon every time as a sign of being pro-Oyston. That's nonsense.

Great thread.

It's nice to read a thread with everyone in agreement. It's very rare these days.
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 13:10 - Dec 30 with 1244 viewsbottle

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 12:34 - Dec 30 by The_Ghost

Great thread.

It's nice to read a thread with everyone in agreement. It's very rare these days.

Agreed Ghost, it's been a long time coming though, but it's almost a pleasure - if it wasn't so sad - to read something other than vile bile!

It's interesting to see so many people venturing that a sea-change is about to take place and that the dark days of the current regime are coming to an end. If there was a Berlin Wall at Bloomfield Road I'm sure many of us would be happily chipping away with our sticks of rock to break the damn thing down and walk arm in arm into the "real world" of football where persuit of promotions and trophies are the norm and fans discuss the last match, the next match and our chances in the cup!

I've forgotten what it's like to do that, to turn up at Bloomfield Road on a match day and expect to see a decent performance over 90 minutes from my team. What I hate most is the division between fans, the division between fans and players and even between players and players.

Maybe the days of enjoyment will come back, I used to get upset for days following a defeat, weeks following a relegation but tempered by days of joy after a win and weeks for a promotion. But these days - perhaps it comes with age - I put it out of my mind in hours and days, so I can understand the anger of "youth" and what it feels like to care so much, maybe that's what's been driven out of many of us, to actually care so much it hurts!

We seem to have all but forgotten how it feels to be a "normal" fan of a "normal" club. But then have we actually been a normal club in the last 15 years? Has any other club experienced such a upward trend to peak at the Prem like a cheap firework only for the brief flash and bang to be followed by a puff of smoke and a rapid descent? (I guess Wimbledon fans could argue over that).
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 14:06 - Dec 30 with 1227 viewsWizaard

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 13:10 - Dec 30 by bottle

Agreed Ghost, it's been a long time coming though, but it's almost a pleasure - if it wasn't so sad - to read something other than vile bile!

It's interesting to see so many people venturing that a sea-change is about to take place and that the dark days of the current regime are coming to an end. If there was a Berlin Wall at Bloomfield Road I'm sure many of us would be happily chipping away with our sticks of rock to break the damn thing down and walk arm in arm into the "real world" of football where persuit of promotions and trophies are the norm and fans discuss the last match, the next match and our chances in the cup!

I've forgotten what it's like to do that, to turn up at Bloomfield Road on a match day and expect to see a decent performance over 90 minutes from my team. What I hate most is the division between fans, the division between fans and players and even between players and players.

Maybe the days of enjoyment will come back, I used to get upset for days following a defeat, weeks following a relegation but tempered by days of joy after a win and weeks for a promotion. But these days - perhaps it comes with age - I put it out of my mind in hours and days, so I can understand the anger of "youth" and what it feels like to care so much, maybe that's what's been driven out of many of us, to actually care so much it hurts!

We seem to have all but forgotten how it feels to be a "normal" fan of a "normal" club. But then have we actually been a normal club in the last 15 years? Has any other club experienced such a upward trend to peak at the Prem like a cheap firework only for the brief flash and bang to be followed by a puff of smoke and a rapid descent? (I guess Wimbledon fans could argue over that).

I've always taken the portents of them leaving with a pinch of salt, probably because I didn't see an obvious purchaser.

For the first time, with Valeri actively supporting the call for change being made by BST, it seems like there is someone in place with the funds to actually make it happen. Add in the potential sanctions over textgate, the complete breakdown of any rapport with any part of the fanbase and for the first time, the pieces might actually be falling in line.
Login to get fewer ads

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 14:53 - Dec 30 with 1210 views20togo

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 14:06 - Dec 30 by Wizaard

I've always taken the portents of them leaving with a pinch of salt, probably because I didn't see an obvious purchaser.

For the first time, with Valeri actively supporting the call for change being made by BST, it seems like there is someone in place with the funds to actually make it happen. Add in the potential sanctions over textgate, the complete breakdown of any rapport with any part of the fanbase and for the first time, the pieces might actually be falling in line.

good thread.

Of course we all know what the bigger picture is and so that is never far away from our minds.

But first and foremost we are all Blackpool football fans and there really isn't enough football discussion be that about the good or bad points. Of course as founts says the bad points eventually come back to the off field problems we have but it is still good to talk about the match itself. It's good to say that Rotherham battered us in the first half [it's not really] yet they were 4th bottom. It's good to say that McMahon gets dragged into the middle too often leaving us exposed down his side of the flank. By the time he gets to his man, the man is inside the box and penalties get conceded. It's good to say that we battled back very well in the second half and that O'Hara is getting better with each match. He spread the ball around superbly and his forward passing was incise.

In other words it's still good to talk about the match. It's not only good it's damn well important that we do.
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 15:35 - Dec 30 with 1203 viewsFountain

As Wiz says there are a good number who care passionately but no longer attend which does dictate threads to an extent. They naturally will talk about the cause of a poor result not the on-pitch symptoms as described in part by 20's.

That said, even if we still had full houses talk will always revert to oyston and their decisions.

Again, a point by wiz, who states that for the first time there is the prospect of a takeover. This is something I think will happen. When in part depends on how stubborn KO is because he plays games. He did with Adam and his move (revenge for the court case) and with both Ince and Davies- money wasn't the pressing motive. And I think we'll see how many Ducks are in the row come next month. If there are enough we could well see some money spent (preserves the terms of any deal not necessarily price) just like Jan 2006.

Now that would generate football talk......
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 15:40]

slap me on the patio

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:59 - Dec 30 with 1180 views20togo

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 15:35 - Dec 30 by Fountain

As Wiz says there are a good number who care passionately but no longer attend which does dictate threads to an extent. They naturally will talk about the cause of a poor result not the on-pitch symptoms as described in part by 20's.

That said, even if we still had full houses talk will always revert to oyston and their decisions.

Again, a point by wiz, who states that for the first time there is the prospect of a takeover. This is something I think will happen. When in part depends on how stubborn KO is because he plays games. He did with Adam and his move (revenge for the court case) and with both Ince and Davies- money wasn't the pressing motive. And I think we'll see how many Ducks are in the row come next month. If there are enough we could well see some money spent (preserves the terms of any deal not necessarily price) just like Jan 2006.

Now that would generate football talk......
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 15:40]

Jeez founts, I never expected you to be the one to bring up the transfer window.

Fact is, I think even if he spent 10 million in the transfer window it wouldn't be enough to save us. And even worse, even if KO were to stand down - i don't think he will - I expect the Oystons to still be in charge this time next year.
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 18:37 - Dec 30 with 1160 viewsFountain

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:59 - Dec 30 by 20togo

Jeez founts, I never expected you to be the one to bring up the transfer window.

Fact is, I think even if he spent 10 million in the transfer window it wouldn't be enough to save us. And even worse, even if KO were to stand down - i don't think he will - I expect the Oystons to still be in charge this time next year.

20s , we'll see I suppose, but if there is no takeover in motion, or likely in the foreseeable , then I'd expect a big fat zero positivity from the window.

As for £10m (lol obviously) that would keep us up comfortably. Sack Clark for starters and get Warnock/Pulis in on a short term deal with appropriate incentives, then go and get another 7/8/9 players.

it can be done, nut not a hope with the current lot.

slap me on the patio

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 11:06 - Jan 1 with 1104 viewsOrmerod89

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 18:37 - Dec 30 by Fountain

20s , we'll see I suppose, but if there is no takeover in motion, or likely in the foreseeable , then I'd expect a big fat zero positivity from the window.

As for £10m (lol obviously) that would keep us up comfortably. Sack Clark for starters and get Warnock/Pulis in on a short term deal with appropriate incentives, then go and get another 7/8/9 players.

it can be done, nut not a hope with the current lot.

Seems to be much more talk about football matters on here which could in the end get it the bigger audience - interesting looking at the page views on here that there is clearly an appetite for this site which for my money is still a better looking and functioning site than the old FOL which creeks in to another year.

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024