Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Board's record on big decisions 16:51 - Jan 12 with 3285 viewsjackonicko

A bunch of us were chatting before the game on saturday about the big decisions that the Board have had to make and take over the years since 2002.

Whilst we may all mumble and grumble about things that have happened that haven't gone well, commercial issues, ticketing issues, pricing for Europa League etc, we were trying to agree the *big*, critical decisions that the Board had got demonstrably wrong.

This is not started with the intent of it being a negative thread - the opposite, in fact. We found it very difficult to come up with things that were done that were evidently wrong. In fact, the only one we came up with was appointing Cusack as manager.

You could potentially list delays to stadium expansion, but it really isn't clear how much is the Board getting it wrong, versus the complexity of the ground ownership structure, versus the council planning rules.

You could argue not selling Michu at his peak value? But who would have predicted with any kind of certainty the injury issues that followed.

It was much easier to list the decisions that some - and sometimes many - fans thought were wrong at the time, but turned out to be right. Their inspired choice of Managers despite obvious inexperience (Martinez, Rodgers, Monk), selling Trundle, investing in Landore & Fairwood rather than spending it all on players.

One big decision wrong in twelve years? If so, impressive.
The Board's record on big decisions on 19:57 - Jan 12 with 3110 viewsJackfath

I predicted michu would damage his ankles if he continued ti kick the hoardings like a petulant child and was hounded on here.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Board's record on big decisions on 20:00 - Jan 12 with 3098 viewsCatullus

The Board's record on big decisions on 19:57 - Jan 12 by Jackfath

I predicted michu would damage his ankles if he continued ti kick the hoardings like a petulant child and was hounded on here.

Nah, many agreed with you. Myself amongst them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Board's record on big decisions on 23:14 - Jan 12 with 2919 viewsKilkennyjack

Agreed. Getting inch high Brian Flynn in was a huge call - and that gem not only delivered us football league survival but also brought the arrival of a certain mr lee trundle. My Lord....

Beware of the Risen People

The Board's record on big decisions on 01:20 - Jan 13 with 2857 viewstruckjack

The Board's record on big decisions on 23:14 - Jan 12 by Kilkennyjack

Agreed. Getting inch high Brian Flynn in was a huge call - and that gem not only delivered us football league survival but also brought the arrival of a certain mr lee trundle. My Lord....

Well said. Bryan Flynn was monumental in turning us around and he doesnt get the credit he deserves, signed Leon as well as Trunds. He departed company because he wouldn't move closer to Swansea if i remember rightly.
The Board's record on big decisions on 12:39 - Jan 13 with 2742 viewsTom1912

To be fair, if someone had offered £25m for Michu at his peak, they would have sold him
The Board's record on big decisions on 14:47 - Jan 13 with 2638 viewsStarsky

The Board's record on big decisions on 01:20 - Jan 13 by truckjack

Well said. Bryan Flynn was monumental in turning us around and he doesnt get the credit he deserves, signed Leon as well as Trunds. He departed company because he wouldn't move closer to Swansea if i remember rightly.

He was also taking his eye off the ball too.
He did bring some stalwarts with him though.
Shame that Martinez took Reeves with him, the bastad

It's just the internet, init.

The Board's record on big decisions on 15:54 - Jan 13 with 2581 viewsJBT95

The Board's record on big decisions on 19:57 - Jan 12 by Jackfath

I doubt it was solely that.
The Board's record on big decisions on 16:02 - Jan 13 with 2567 viewsmonmouth

The Board's record on big decisions on 15:54 - Jan 13 by JBT95

I doubt it was solely that.

Agreed. He's been hounded over loads of stuff

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

The Board's record on big decisions on 16:12 - Jan 13 with 2555 viewsBloodyhills

The Board's record on big decisions on 20:00 - Jan 12 by Catullus

Nah, many agreed with you. Myself amongst them.

I thought the same to be honest. Thought he needed to cut out the petulant kicking of hoardings from his game.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024