Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandes 19:25 - May 5 with 5747 viewsqprphil

Not sure how the rest of you feel, but I for one hope he sticks around. Yes he has made big mistakes, backing managers with funds. But lets be honest, if he hadn't backed them and we were to find ourselves in the position we are in now, we would all be saying, if we had signed him and him, we wouldn't be in this position now. Without TF and his backers, where would we be, who wants to invest in a small club like ours, because that's what we are. TF has big plans still, we have to believe that he can deliver, a new training ground and stadium, that is the only chance we have of getting more support.
One of the things that bothers me, is next season, I just hope we don't go into free fall mode like Wigan. As for a new manager, anyone who can get us to play attractive (mostly) winning football.
Fernandes on 19:30 - May 5 with 4974 viewsAunt_Nelly

Fernandes on 20:07 - May 5 with 4914 viewsBerkoRanger

+1
Fernandes on 20:40 - May 5 with 4860 viewsdaveB

I think we need someone else running the club day to day with a real shift in philosophy, He'll probably enjoy it all more if he takes a back seat and sits on the board instead
Fernandes on 20:44 - May 5 with 4852 viewsbosh67

Bizarrely the best person to run the club and be chairman is Warburton from Brentford. Vast experience of running hedge funds and managing companies worth two billion pound and more. One of the reasons Brentford don't want him is he is a threat to the hierarchy. He's a good football manager too.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Fernandes on 21:19 - May 5 with 4797 viewsdavman

Well, to be honest, he and his fellow "Investors" are all we have. They decide to pull the plug and no bucket collection will help to bring us back. Less than 15 years ago, we were appalled at having to leave Administration with a £10m loan.

To remind you all, our current owners will need to be paid around TWENTY times that if they collectively decide they've had enough.

I doubt that even the ABC Corporation would be prepared to secure a loan of that size as we have no assets against which to borrow money, so basically, TF and his group go and you can wave goodbye to all things QPR.

So, they HAVE to stay - don't they?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Fernandes on 22:20 - May 5 with 4668 viewsqprphil

Fernandes on 21:19 - May 5 by davman

Well, to be honest, he and his fellow "Investors" are all we have. They decide to pull the plug and no bucket collection will help to bring us back. Less than 15 years ago, we were appalled at having to leave Administration with a £10m loan.

To remind you all, our current owners will need to be paid around TWENTY times that if they collectively decide they've had enough.

I doubt that even the ABC Corporation would be prepared to secure a loan of that size as we have no assets against which to borrow money, so basically, TF and his group go and you can wave goodbye to all things QPR.

So, they HAVE to stay - don't they?

Yeah that's about how I see it davman. I also think people calling for TF to go don't realise the implications involved. We all know its been crap this season, but the fault lies with the players which were signed by the manager, or lack of, all TF did was authorise the money. The last two managers screwed up big time, I know we are not a glamorous club, but we should have made better signings.
Fernandes on 22:33 - May 5 with 4632 viewsSpiritofGregory

Fernandes on 22:20 - May 5 by qprphil

Yeah that's about how I see it davman. I also think people calling for TF to go don't realise the implications involved. We all know its been crap this season, but the fault lies with the players which were signed by the manager, or lack of, all TF did was authorise the money. The last two managers screwed up big time, I know we are not a glamorous club, but we should have made better signings.

He doesn't have to sell up just step down, he has consistently made terrible decisions. Why can't our fans learn the difference?

Why does Fernandes have to be our chairman the other shareholders are able to stay in the background, why can't he?
Fernandes on 00:02 - May 6 with 4574 viewsitsbiga

Fernandes on 22:33 - May 5 by SpiritofGregory

He doesn't have to sell up just step down, he has consistently made terrible decisions. Why can't our fans learn the difference?

Why does Fernandes have to be our chairman the other shareholders are able to stay in the background, why can't he?

exactly, stay invested and stay the hell away from football decisions and bloody twitter.
[Post edited 6 May 2015 0:02]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Login to get fewer ads

Fernandes on 00:08 - May 6 with 4562 viewsqprnaas

Yeah I hope he stays too
Fernandes on 00:24 - May 6 with 4550 viewsHooped_Pullie

Fernandes on 00:08 - May 6 by qprnaas

Yeah I hope he stays too

I like Fernandes, as I have said before you only have to look at Charlton, Blackpool, Leeds, Dull, etc. etc. …. far,far worse out there than our Tony.

Mistakes ? Sure, aplenty. Sacking Warnock may have been the first, should have been given longer imho : too much faith in Hughes and Redknobb, the first tranche of money-grabbing mercenaries on the playing side replaced by an even more inadequate bunch (mostly) and then getting cold feet around new signings at all the wrong times. Two players pushing 40 the mainstays of a Premier League defence ? I don't think so.

And yet…there has been good, too, even if more by luck than design. Sir Les has his ear big-time now, and we can only hope that the advice & guidance given are sound so the Club can move forward.

We shall see...
Fernandes on 00:49 - May 6 with 4533 viewsQPRMUSO

Fernandes gets my vote, the guy appears to really want to make things work, I haven't seen anything to the contrary so I want him to stay and feel wanted by the R's faithful.
Fernandes on 05:51 - May 6 with 4490 viewsChurchie

Making honest mistakes is no crime, If we learn from them. I for one think we are learning.
If we become the boing boing Rangers and eventually have a place in the Premier like WBA then no one is going to be to upset about that.
A season or two in the Championship with CR bringing up a few youth players and lowering our squad average age will be progress .
The biggest mistake was wanting too much too soon.
Let's stay with TF LF & CR
Fernandes on 07:26 - May 6 with 4443 viewsSpiritofGregory

Fernandes on 05:51 - May 6 by Churchie

Making honest mistakes is no crime, If we learn from them. I for one think we are learning.
If we become the boing boing Rangers and eventually have a place in the Premier like WBA then no one is going to be to upset about that.
A season or two in the Championship with CR bringing up a few youth players and lowering our squad average age will be progress .

If we had the chance to hire Warburton, would you still stick with Ramsey? Ramsey should stick to what he is good at - coaching.
Fernandes on 08:24 - May 6 with 4404 viewsdanehoop

Fernandes on 07:26 - May 6 by SpiritofGregory

If we had the chance to hire Warburton, would you still stick with Ramsey? Ramsey should stick to what he is good at - coaching.

But which would be better, warburton (your currents favourite) or Stephen Pressley who you had the hots for until he was sacked at Coventry?

Never knowingly understood

Fernandes on 10:11 - May 6 with 4371 viewstimcocking

If he leaves, i presume we'll be fcuked.
Fernandes on 10:46 - May 6 with 4353 viewsJamie

Fernandes on 08:24 - May 6 by danehoop

But which would be better, warburton (your currents favourite) or Stephen Pressley who you had the hots for until he was sacked at Coventry?

Pressley obvs. Look at that hair.
Fernandes on 10:52 - May 6 with 4340 views1BobbyHazell

The one thing Tone has been good at is writing cheques. The problem has been who he has given them to.

As a Funds Provider he has been brilliant, as a Funds Allocator he has been appalling. He's obviously hoping to improve the latter, should be an interesting few years to come.
Fernandes on 12:01 - May 6 with 4308 viewsChurchie

Fernandes on 07:26 - May 6 by SpiritofGregory

Given the crock of shite he got given and the fact he has got some decent performances out of them I think you may have underestimated him. A few of the better players in our squad might just stick with us next season because of him and we can blend them with some younger prospects.
Our biggest problem seems to be we always think the grass is greener on the other side, I wont go though that manager list.
Fernandes on 12:20 - May 6 with 4288 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Fernandes on 12:01 - May 6 by Churchie

Given the crock of shite he got given and the fact he has got some decent performances out of them I think you may have underestimated him. A few of the better players in our squad might just stick with us next season because of him and we can blend them with some younger prospects.
Our biggest problem seems to be we always think the grass is greener on the other side, I wont go though that manager list.

Personally I'd like to see the back of most of our current players. The new manager should be leading us to a new, brighter future, whoever that person is.
Fernandes on 12:30 - May 6 with 4273 viewsBenny_the_Ball

For avoidance of doubt, stepping down as chairman does not mean selling your share and walking out on the club. Tony is welcome to remain as a stakeholder and appoint a chairman that knows how to run a football club.
[Post edited 6 May 2015 15:51]
Fernandes on 14:53 - May 6 with 4205 viewsdanehoop

Fernandes on 12:30 - May 6 by Benny_the_Ball

For avoidance of doubt, stepping down as chairman does not mean selling your share and walking out on the club. Tony is welcome to remain as a stakeholder and appoint a chairman that knows how to run a football club.
[Post edited 6 May 2015 15:51]

Thanks for clarifying your thoughts. Very important to make that distinction. Sure that Fernandes will now review his thinking in light of such helpful input.

Never knowingly understood

Fernandes on 15:04 - May 6 with 4189 viewsloftus77

Fernandes on 05:51 - May 6 by Churchie

TF - yes,
LF - yes
CR - no, sadly
MW - yes
Fernandes on 15:54 - May 6 with 4160 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Fernandes on 14:53 - May 6 by danehoop

Thanks for clarifying your thoughts. Very important to make that distinction. Sure that Fernandes will now review his thinking in light of such helpful input.

You're welcome. Important to make the distinction to those on here who think that Tony standing down as chairman equals the consortium pulling the plug on their investment. It's more important that the club progress than Tony live the dream.
[Post edited 6 May 2015 15:54]
Fernandes on 19:22 - May 6 with 4116 viewsdavman

Fernandes on 15:54 - May 6 by Benny_the_Ball

You're welcome. Important to make the distinction to those on here who think that Tony standing down as chairman equals the consortium pulling the plug on their investment. It's more important that the club progress than Tony live the dream.
[Post edited 6 May 2015 15:54]

Thanks for clarifying the difference for me - I was blind, but now I can seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

So, Tony has made these decisions unilaterally has he?

There's me thinking that he might have spoken to the other Shareholders before spunking £200m of their money. Silly me!

So should we try another of these Stakeholders as Chairman or do you expect them to employ someone independent to spend their money this time?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Fernandes on 19:30 - May 6 with 4104 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Fernandes on 19:22 - May 6 by davman

Thanks for clarifying the difference for me - I was blind, but now I can seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

So, Tony has made these decisions unilaterally has he?

There's me thinking that he might have spoken to the other Shareholders before spunking £200m of their money. Silly me!

So should we try another of these Stakeholders as Chairman or do you expect them to employ someone independent to spend their money this time?

Glad I could help.

Spunk it he has. We should try someone who knows what they're doing, irrespective of whether they are an internal or external hire.

We must the only football club heading towards a football chairman with no experience of the job, a director of football with no experience of the job and a first team manager with no experience of the job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024