Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
cereal cafe gets grief 14:02 - Sep 27 with 8231 viewskensalriser

You haven't defected to class war have you disco?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/sep/27/shoreditch-cereal-cafe-targeted-b

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

cereal cafe gets grief on 14:28 - Sep 27 with 5902 viewsDiscodroids

Kensal , what a to do.

One must Never underestimate the power of fire juggling whilst being ripped to the tits on nutmeg to bring down the Corporate Matrix. I did quite enjoy that article and video mate., ive passed it to a few mates.

Hope class war dont show up at Pacha next week!, Diggers will never forgive me!.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

cereal cafe gets grief on 17:14 - Sep 27 with 5792 viewsWatford_Ranger

Personally I wouldn't want to pay £4 for a small bowl of cereal or wear a shirt with the top button up or grow a Charles Bronson moustache but these blokes have come up with a good idea if it's making money. Seems to be jealousy and an excuse to smash stuff up.
cereal cafe gets grief on 17:33 - Sep 27 with 5756 viewsjohncharles

Burn baby burn

Strong and stable my arse.

cereal cafe gets grief on 17:50 - Sep 27 with 5721 viewsBluce_Ree

Well if kids and families were in there as reported, these 'protesters' are infinite c*nts who deserve a kicking. C0cksuckers. I hope they die.

EDIT - If not, not such a big deal but it seems mean to kick off at a small business owner. These guys are clearly to pussy to take on any real targets.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2015 17:55]

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

cereal cafe gets grief on 18:43 - Sep 27 with 5658 views1BobbyHazell

cereal cafe gets grief on 17:50 - Sep 27 by Bluce_Ree

Well if kids and families were in there as reported, these 'protesters' are infinite c*nts who deserve a kicking. C0cksuckers. I hope they die.

EDIT - If not, not such a big deal but it seems mean to kick off at a small business owner. These guys are clearly to pussy to take on any real targets.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2015 17:55]

Absolutely. I'm all for a bit of direct action me but smashing up a place where hipsters are tucking in to some over priced coco pops! Hardly going to bring Goldman Sachs to its knees.
cereal cafe gets grief on 18:51 - Sep 27 with 5644 viewsEalingRanger

I feel like they had it coming. Also wrote an article about it here:

http://thetab.com/2015/09/27/the-delusional-cereal-killer-cafe-owners-arent-vict
cereal cafe gets grief on 19:18 - Sep 27 with 5591 viewsWatford_Ranger

cereal cafe gets grief on 18:51 - Sep 27 by EalingRanger

http://thetab.com/2015/09/27/the-delusional-cereal-killer-cafe-owners-arent-vict

Read the article but don't understand how they had it coming. Yes Shoreditch used to be a dive and now it's expensive but that's true of lots of places. Yes it's a lot to pay for cereal but no one is forced to eat there and there are shops selling cereal for normal prices within minutes of it so it's not like they're monopolising cereal and forcing the poor to pay too much for it. If it's a profitable business then there's a demand for the product, like it or not.

They're law-abiding (I assume) guys who have probably lost a lot of money through no fault of their own thanks to criminality. I'd be pretty fked off if I owned a business a few morons decided to smash up.
cereal cafe gets grief on 19:40 - Sep 27 with 5550 viewsBluce_Ree

These guys have never hurt anyone. They aren't buying people's kids for vivisection. They are selling cereal.

They most certainly aren't vandalising property, spreading fear or terrorising local businesses.

You may not have meant it this way but when you write "Someone also wrote the word “scum” (fairly illegibly)" it's almost like the fact that it is illegible makes it okay. Like, 'oh come on, you can't even read it. It's fine.'

Imagine if someone wrote that on your front door. Or targeted you at work. Wouldn't be as funny would it?

The fact that they have funny beards doesn't mean shit. It's no more fair than calling out someone for having tattoos or a mohican or whatever.

Punk, hipster, trendy, goth, skins whatever. If you're judging one group differently to another then you may as well be a pig.

Personally, I think any adult that is part of a group is a tw@t. Who the f*ck joins a group? But that's all of them. Punks hating hipsters is like mods hating rockers. It's some old tribal shit that makes everyone look like a c*nt.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2015 20:34]

Login to get fewer ads

cereal cafe gets grief on 19:53 - Sep 27 with 5525 viewsMaggsinho

I can only assume you're being deliberately disingenuous with your description of Tower Hamlets as a (and I paraphrase) a "reeking...festering...ISIS recruiters...lunatic'.

This cafe didn't open in the middle of a sink estate, they're in an expensive pocket of the borough where people come to spend money on all sorts of fripperies, a few minutes walk from the Cereal Cafe you could spend £300 on a pair of jeans, £50 on a steak or a fiver on a cup of coffee so postulating they deserve the abuse they got for selling a bowl of cereal for £3.20 seems a bit boss eyed.

If people want to protest against gentrification or capitalism, then fine, protest against the bankers and the overseas investors buying up property, protest against the City literally around the corner or Canary Wharf in the same borough but a small business? No.
cereal cafe gets grief on 20:03 - Sep 27 with 5498 viewsNortholt_Rs

Eat the rich!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

cereal cafe gets grief on 20:34 - Sep 27 with 5453 viewsJamie

cereal cafe gets grief on 19:53 - Sep 27 by Maggsinho

I can only assume you're being deliberately disingenuous with your description of Tower Hamlets as a (and I paraphrase) a "reeking...festering...ISIS recruiters...lunatic'.

This cafe didn't open in the middle of a sink estate, they're in an expensive pocket of the borough where people come to spend money on all sorts of fripperies, a few minutes walk from the Cereal Cafe you could spend £300 on a pair of jeans, £50 on a steak or a fiver on a cup of coffee so postulating they deserve the abuse they got for selling a bowl of cereal for £3.20 seems a bit boss eyed.

If people want to protest against gentrification or capitalism, then fine, protest against the bankers and the overseas investors buying up property, protest against the City literally around the corner or Canary Wharf in the same borough but a small business? No.

Well yes, they could protest some actual issues, but the bankers and super rich have influence and can fight back.

Easier for these cowards to put masks on and smash up a local business because those inside have achieved more than them..
cereal cafe gets grief on 07:54 - Sep 28 with 5260 viewsTheBlob

cereal cafe gets grief on 19:40 - Sep 27 by Bluce_Ree

These guys have never hurt anyone. They aren't buying people's kids for vivisection. They are selling cereal.

They most certainly aren't vandalising property, spreading fear or terrorising local businesses.

You may not have meant it this way but when you write "Someone also wrote the word “scum” (fairly illegibly)" it's almost like the fact that it is illegible makes it okay. Like, 'oh come on, you can't even read it. It's fine.'

Imagine if someone wrote that on your front door. Or targeted you at work. Wouldn't be as funny would it?

The fact that they have funny beards doesn't mean shit. It's no more fair than calling out someone for having tattoos or a mohican or whatever.

Punk, hipster, trendy, goth, skins whatever. If you're judging one group differently to another then you may as well be a pig.

Personally, I think any adult that is part of a group is a tw@t. Who the f*ck joins a group? But that's all of them. Punks hating hipsters is like mods hating rockers. It's some old tribal shit that makes everyone look like a c*nt.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2015 20:34]

Apart of course from the tw@ts who don football shirts and have a pop at other tw@ts in different shirts?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

cereal cafe gets grief on 08:22 - Sep 28 with 5228 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The politics of envy.

I don't care for hipsters (or cereal) but that is just pointless.

Even Abbath has popped in:

" Ten minutes by car up the road is the very heart of hipsterdom, the Cereal Killer café. The idea is that Abbath is the antidote and a cunning Plan B is quickly improvised. You don’t have to eat the cereal. We arrive with a still dubious Abbath and rather than the sugar-saturated wonderland we were expecting, it’s actually tiny, and pretty empty too. A small family is tucking in in the corner and aside from us that’s the entire clientele. An accommodating man behind the counter offers us the run of the place, but downstairs looks like a kid’s playroom and thankfully there’s one item that seems appropriate now that we’re here, the box of Darth Vader cereal that Abbath is now examining the contents of. “You really want me to take a picture with this?” Err… yes? And quick as a flash, the manic Abbath face comes out, as one of the identical twin owners comes out from the back with his own camera. Should you ever decide to venture in, expect to see a new and entirely incongruous set of portraits on the wall. “That was kind of weird,” is the post-mortem on that."

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

cereal cafe gets grief on 08:54 - Sep 28 with 5189 viewsRecoilboss

Queues outside the door - genius marketing.

How would you like someone pissing on your cornflakes (for a fiver)?

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/furious-mob-targets-mildly-annoying-t
[Post edited 28 Sep 2015 9:31]
cereal cafe gets grief on 12:18 - Sep 28 with 5065 viewsDannyPaddox

Decisions decisions. Shall it be Snap Crackle &Putsch or Reich Krispies? Ooh ooh Golden Dawn Grahams!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2015 12:21]
cereal cafe gets grief on 14:00 - Sep 28 with 4969 viewsJuzzie

I bet a large chunk of the rioters have iPhones which is as much paying over the odds for something as is paying £3.20 for a bowl of cereal.
cereal cafe gets grief on 14:20 - Sep 28 with 4941 viewsSimonJames

Elsewhere...

HIPSTER SUFFERS ALLERGIC REACTION AFTER EATING PORK THAT WASN’T PULLED

http://wundergroundmusic.com/hipster-suffers-allergic-reaction-after-eating-pork

100% of people who drink water will die.

cereal cafe gets grief on 17:13 - Sep 28 with 4867 viewsBklynRanger

They didn't exactly ' smash the place up' though did they? They defaced the windows. There were other intimidating things done but I don't see how this will have cost them lots of money, if anything it's free advertising.

I think that there are two issues here: There's the whole structural issue of development, rising rents, corporate greed etc. And there's the hipster issue. The structural stuff has pushed ordinary people out, and in a lot of cases what's come along is the hipster stuff.

You don't have to commit to tackling the structural stuff every time - people can just be irritated by the hipsters - and yes, it is a form of bigotry but yes they are fcuking annoying. And if you think the English/British/Irish ones are annoying, try the fcuking American ones - you'll be down my street with a stupid mask and a daft fairground torchy thing before you can say 'kimchi taco emporium'.
cereal cafe gets grief on 17:45 - Sep 28 with 4832 viewsBluce_Ree

Yeah they didn't smash the place up but they are still c*nts.

cereal cafe gets grief on 17:49 - Sep 28 with 4825 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I back he sentiment but not the actions.
cereal cafe gets grief on 17:53 - Sep 28 with 4812 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Obviously doesn't deserve to have his business vandalised but here he was in a C4 interview a while ago.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=2&ved=0CCUQtwI
cereal cafe gets grief on 18:00 - Sep 28 with 4803 views2Thomas2Bowles

cereal cafe gets grief on 17:53 - Sep 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Obviously doesn't deserve to have his business vandalised but here he was in a C4 interview a while ago.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=2&ved=0CCUQtwI

Can we stop this interview, I don't like the questions

Just did not have a scooby about the area, arrogate T-wat

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

cereal cafe gets grief on 18:06 - Sep 28 with 4794 viewsWatford_Ranger

cereal cafe gets grief on 18:00 - Sep 28 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Can we stop this interview, I don't like the questions

Just did not have a scooby about the area, arrogate T-wat

Why would he need to know anything about the area beyond what's of commercial interest to him? Does every business in Shepherds Bush need to have an understanding of the people, history, demography etc.?
cereal cafe gets grief on 18:10 - Sep 28 with 4788 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

cereal cafe gets grief on 18:06 - Sep 28 by Watford_Ranger

Why would he need to know anything about the area beyond what's of commercial interest to him? Does every business in Shepherds Bush need to have an understanding of the people, history, demography etc.?

No one is obliged to, but it's damaging to the area when they don't.

Not the owner's fault, but it's a symptom of a massive polar difference in the area which is the main issue.
cereal cafe gets grief on 18:37 - Sep 28 with 4756 viewsDorse

cereal cafe gets grief on 18:10 - Sep 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

No one is obliged to, but it's damaging to the area when they don't.

Not the owner's fault, but it's a symptom of a massive polar difference in the area which is the main issue.

Now he's having a go at the Poles!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024